Wikiposts

I got my visa today

Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Big GG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I got my visa today

I got my visa today. Overall it took only 6 months from day 1, when immigrating to Canada first crossed my mind. So fast, so quick.

The lady at the embassy handed me the passports (me, wife and the 2 kids) and cheerfully said "bon voyage".

I am feeling a little bit ambivalent about all this. I have already a successful career and a well paying job but still keen on immigrating.

I guess challenge keeps me ticking but still, immigration is not for the faint hearted. That's for sure.

If it does not work out then it does not but it is certainly worth trying.

Cheers,
Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:18 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got my visa today

Congratulations mate and good luck.

Any particular location in mind?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Big congrats, sure feels good doesn't it.
All the best for the future
Old Aug 17th 2010, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big GG
I got my visa today. Overall it took only 6 months from day 1, when immigrating to Canada first crossed my mind. So fast, so quick.

The lady at the embassy handed me the passports (me, wife and the 2 kids) and cheerfully said "bon voyage".

I am feeling a little bit ambivalent about all this. I have already a successful career and a well paying job but still keen on immigrating.

I guess challenge keeps me ticking but still, immigration is not for the faint hearted. That's for sure.

If it does not work out then it does not but it is certainly worth trying.

Cheers,
6 months wow that's fast. May I ask under which category you were applying?

Wayne.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

I applied under FSW category NOC 711, Construction Managers.

Actually I have no idea about where I am heading. I am planning to relocate next summer and have a little bit of time.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big GG
I applied under FSW category NOC 711, Construction Managers.

Actually I have no idea about where I am heading. I am planning to relocate next summer and have a little bit of time.
Hmmm 6 months for FSW1 under the pre-June 26th system, and the new system without the 120 day period is supposed to be faster. Gives some hope to some of us newbies that are about to apply!

We're hoping to apply and, if we're approved and in time, complete our record of landing around April 2011 with a quick trip to Nova Scotia to see some of my wife's distant relatives. Then maybe move over for good later on in the year after we sorted our house etc.

Very best of luck to you in Canada!

Wayne.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

6 months? Always encouraging for me when I hear people getting their FSW visas quickly. I'm hoping for a similar duration myself.

Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your life in Canada!
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:31 am

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! That was certainly quick. I thought our's was quick at 8 months. Best of luck.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Congratulations
Steve
Old Aug 19th 2010, 3:01 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats & good luck with it all.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everybody. I hope the best for all of you guys.