Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

I got it! I got my Permanent Residence Visa

I got it! I got my Permanent Residence Visa

Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:33 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got it! I got my Permanent Residence Visa

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Hi Karen,
You get 60 days to send in your passports and photos.
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Tim
Thanks for the info, Tim. We can now work out the best scenario for us.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Karen
Old Apr 24th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul5455 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MSM
Congrats

We received our PPR yesterday so we're not far behind.
when did you guys have your meds?
i had mine at the beginning of the month and wonder how far behind i am...
Old Apr 25th 2009, 1:15 am
MSM
Forum Regular

MSM will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Paul5455
when did you guys have your meds?
i had mine at the beginning of the month and wonder how far behind i am...
We had our meds on 6th March and they were sent to CHC on 18th March.

I would guess your PPR is only a 3 or so weeks away. All the best.
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

gypsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by z030209
I got it, I got it, I got it!

It's so pretty and shiny and lovely; I hugged the lady who gave it to me, she was so happy too!! lol, I think she may have thought I was slightly demented though but whatever!

I can't believe it, I'm on such a high..........

Anyways, Good Luck again to all you guys who are waiting! It's soooo worth the wait; makes it all that little more special!

Oh and THANKS to all of you who've supported and guided me... THANKS SO MUCH BRITEXPATS.. I don't know how I would have managed without this site............ and without you guys! (of course)
Oh Wow I can just feel your excitement as though its me that's got it!!!!!!!!!!! Well done and all the best x
Old Apr 25th 2009, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not far behind you.!!! dropping passports off on 14th may. yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It's so pretty and shiny and lovely; I hugged the lady who gave it to me, she was so happy too!! lol, I think she may have thought I was slightly demented though but whatever!

Anyways, Good Luck again to all you guys who are waiting! It's soooo worth the wait; makes it all that little more special!

Oh and THANKS to all of you who've supported and guided me... THANKS SO MUCH BRITEXPATS.. I don't know how I would have managed without this site............ and without you guys! (of course)
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:00 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: I got it! I got my Permanent Residence Visa

CONGRATULATIONS! that's fab news - good luck with your move

Biiba
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gypsy
Oh Wow I can just feel your excitement as though its me that's got it!!!!!!!!!!! Well done and all the best x
Aww, thank you!! lol.. it's truly an amazing feeling. I'm still not over it!

Originally Posted by rufus2000
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not far behind you.!!! dropping passports off on 14th may. yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Oh, you are?? wow, congratulations!! So soon enough, you'll know exactly how it feels for real eh?!! Hmm, when you planning on going over?

CONGRATULATIONS by the way!! woooowoooooo!!

Originally Posted by Biiba
CONGRATULATIONS! that's fab news - good luck with your move

Biiba
Thank you hun! xx
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

Yeah just need to drop passport off and pick it up then we plan to land in sept and then come back and sell the house x
can't wait!!!

Aww, thank you!! lol.. it's truly an amazing feeling. I'm still not over it!

Oh, you are?? wow, congratulations!! So soon enough, you'll know exactly how it feels for real eh?!! Hmm, when you planning on going over?

CONGRATULATIONS by the way!! woooowoooooo!!

Thank you hun! xx
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

newfiegurl is on a distinguished road

aw thanks guys!! you lot are amazing!!

still hasnt sunk in yet though; dont know if it ever will to be honest.... lol well i guess it may sink in once ive been in canada for about 10 years
It will sink in when you're shovelling snow next winter! Congrats, it's great!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

sgbolt is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news, Finally you jumped through all the hoops and you have won the prize. We would have been getting our Visas on the 23rd as well, but CIC want another Xray (scar on my wifes lung from childhood ) before we can progress. If I remember rightly, you were going to Toronto? as are we (I hope). We have just returned from a recce of Toronto. We liked Richmond Hill/Thornhill, Although a little milton Keynes-ish ( everything is new) and love Oakville- Maybe to far away but much more character and cost of course.

Anyways, I wish you all the best and good luck with the next stage.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sgbolt
Great news, Finally you jumped through all the hoops and you have won the prize. We would have been getting our Visas on the 23rd as well, but CIC want another Xray (scar on my wifes lung from childhood ) before we can progress. If I remember rightly, you were going to Toronto? as are we (I hope). We have just returned from a recce of Toronto. We liked Richmond Hill/Thornhill, Although a little milton Keynes-ish ( everything is new) and love Oakville- Maybe to far away but much more character and cost of course.

Anyways, I wish you all the best and good luck with the next stage.
Hey, thank you, that's really sweet of you to say.... yes, it is indeed Toronto, I'm going to land this year but am going permanently next year after my law school is done.

I am sure that you will be on your way soon!! This medical is proving a real nightmare for so many people; it's heartbreaking to have to go through this I bet but I believe that things happen for a reason and I'm sure it won't be long until you guys are out there... maybe we should have a Brit ex pat rendevouz out there some day; would be fun!

Take care and thanks again! GOOD LUCK, let us know what happens!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Adeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really nice

I love to hear all this great news, thers so much doom and gloom with the economy that its hard some days to be up beat... Congratulations and good luck.