Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

"I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED"!!! FINALLY GOT IT

Wikiposts

"I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED"!!! FINALLY GOT IT

Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:17 am
"International Nomad"

moreharm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED"!!! FINALLY GOT IT

hey good natured people,
i set forth this early morning full of hope and courage from my warm but cold bed in huddersfield and boarded the luxurious great national express coach to the land of plenty down south. after a gruelling 5 hour journey, i alighted from marble arch and spent about an hour joining hordes of idlers on oxford street.

at 145pm i made my way to the CHC and joined the line of already eager hopefuls outside the embassy. at exactly 200pm, the doors swung open and we were led through the security rigours as usual. upstairs, with my PPR receipt strongly clutched in my right hand like a warrior holding his first spear. as i greeted the smiling lady in french and handed her my receipt, she promptly handed me a huge brown envelope and told me to make sure that everything was correct. at this point, all of us waiting were busy tearing apart those envelopes anxious to see what lay inside.

in my passport lay a bright new shiny visa sticker and the smile that emerged on my face was enough to break and mirror. also included was a huge paper basically which is the COPR(certificate of permanent residence) which is meant to be handed over at the port of entry.

at this point, the lady at the reception congratulated all those who had got their passports and wished us the best of luck. on that note, i left the high commission and stepped back onto the streets of london always paved with gold pondering my next move to the big great land of canada!!!

Good luck to all those just starting the application process and those waiting for one stage or another. it is all worth it in the end and everybody will be successful.

lets all make merry!!!!!!

Timeline

Applied march 2004
AOR 7 june 2004
interview notification 10 october 2005
interview date 10 november 2005
medical info received 12 november 2005
medicals done 25 november 2005
PPR received 5th january 2006
passport submitted 12 january 2006
passport collected with visa 26 january 2006
to be in canada by 24 november 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Toronto here i come)
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

helcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond reputehelcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED"!!! FINALLY GOT IT

Congratualations!! Best of luck in your new life.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:56 am
Canadian Outlaw

RobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to allRobinHood is a name known to all

Congrats. I'm from your neck of the woods. Its grim in Kirklees eh.

Enjoy Canada.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 9:59 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moreharm
hey good natured people,
i set forth this early morning full of hope and courage from my warm but cold bed in huddersfield and boarded the luxurious great national express coach to the land of plenty down south. after a gruelling 5 hour journey, i alighted from marble arch and spent about an hour joining hordes of idlers on oxford street.

at 145pm i made my way to the CHC and joined the line of already eager hopefuls outside the embassy. at exactly 200pm, the doors swung open and we were led through the security rigours as usual. upstairs, with my PPR receipt strongly clutched in my right hand like a warrior holding his first spear. as i greeted the smiling lady in french and handed her my receipt, she promptly handed me a huge brown envelope and told me to make sure that everything was correct. at this point, all of us waiting were busy tearing apart those envelopes anxious to see what lay inside.

in my passport lay a bright new shiny visa sticker and the smile that emerged on my face was enough to break and mirror. also included was a huge paper basically which is the COPR(certificate of permanent residence) which is meant to be handed over at the port of entry.

at this point, the lady at the reception congratulated all those who had got their passports and wished us the best of luck. on that note, i left the high commission and stepped back onto the streets of london always paved with gold pondering my next move to the big great land of canada!!!

Good luck to all those just starting the application process and those waiting for one stage or another. it is all worth it in the end and everybody will be successful.

Timeline

Applied march 2004
AOR 7 june 2004
Isnt that visa beautiful???
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:18 am
Finally it happened

pattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 12:37 pm
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough

congrats! well done!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

RAVI10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought you're going to canada soon. why wait till Nov?
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Its all good as I used to say over in Lancaster. I long for the day I see those shiney stickers in our passports!

Best wishes for your future!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

optimas is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, congrats!!
My case is very like yours.

Applied to Buffalo in April 2004, AOR May 2004,
interview waiver and medical in Nov 2005
Still waiting for PPR now.....
How I wish I could attend an interview and get it quicker!

Originally Posted by moreharm
hey good natured people,

Timeline

Applied march 2004
AOR 7 june 2004
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

simon_healy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations - Enjoy your new life in Canada

We have a similar timeline and should be following you very soon..............
Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Hey congratulations. I was there too picking up ours! Don't know about you but I was nervous as hell worrying that at the last minute there'd be a problem. Can't believe the cheek of making us wait outside in the bloody cold though
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:27 am
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations!! Good luck with new life and challenges ahead.
Old Jan 27th 2006, 4:49 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations..!!
Old Jan 27th 2006, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: "I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED"!!! FINALLY GOT IT

Nice one, Moreharm! Lucky you escaping from Huddersfield, it looks like I'll be here for a few years more yet...but one day, eh?!!!

All the best in TO!

Adele x
Old Jan 27th 2006, 12:49 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

May the Haida gods of the ponderosa pine trees shine their favourable wonders upon you. May the streets be paved with toonies.

May you have many snippets of good fortune in your safe and wondrous travels.

Congrats and good luck !!!

Rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.