Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

i`m just about to send off my forms!

i`m just about to send off my forms!

Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:27 am
Just Joined

jakeyblokey72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile i`m just about to send off my forms!

hi everyone!!
this is all new to me so i`m sorry if i`m asking stupid questions!
what i need to know at the moment is;
ive filled in all my applications, recieved my police certificates, got enough funds to keep the authorities happy, got a written job offer, etc etc, and i`m just about to send everything off, but i`m a bit worried about the time scale of the applications, i really need to get out to toronto in november to keep my new employer happy, how can i make sure the application processers see that i`m in a bit of a rush??
any advise would be greatly recieved!
thanks. jake.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:52 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: i`m just about to send off my forms!

sound like your in same boat as me. There is no way you will get it by November. Even with arranged employment it will take at least 6 months from what I have read. I am sending my stuff out with in a couple of weeks. Just waiting for police files and AOE letter confirmation. Also with arranged employment you do not need to send bank statements and funds evidence, but i guess it does not make diference if u send this or not.

Main thing I am doing is checking I have all docs needed and double and triple checking it. I do not want it coming back cause I filled something wrong. So that best advise, check it all properly.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:54 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

Also which checklist did you use to attach to each set of docs. I am not sure which one i need to use of the 2. One is from CIC website and One from Canada.or.uk website
Old Aug 9th 2006, 3:00 am
Just Joined

jakeyblokey72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Also which checklist did you use to attach to each set of docs. I am not sure which one i need to use of the 2. One is from CIC website and One from Canada.or.uk website
i`m using the cic checklist with the funny little "cut up" tags, i hope that is the best one!!
i`m probably going to have to go over on a temp work permit arn`t i?!?!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 5:16 am
Your goto Realtor

yeah if you need to start right away apply for a work permit 1st
Old Aug 9th 2006, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jakeyblokey72
i`m using the cic checklist with the funny little "cut up" tags, i hope that is the best one!!
i`m probably going to have to go over on a temp work permit arn`t i?!?!
If you decide to get a work permit make sure your prospective employers get their finger out with the application because the whole process is taking 3 months and more! :scared:
Stuarty