Hubby offered job in canada...

Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Kaz73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hubby offered job in canada...

My husband has been offered a job in Vancouver. The company are gong to put through paperwork etc.. I presume it's just for him and not myself and son. Do I have to apply seperately? Where do I start? How easy is it to take our pet dog with us .
Please help, I am a bit flumoxed and don't know where to start. Thanks Kaz
Old Apr 25th 2009, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hubby offered job in canada...

Originally Posted by Kaz73
My husband has been offered a job in Vancouver. The company are gong to put through paperwork etc.. I presume it's just for him and not myself and son. Do I have to apply seperately? Where do I start? How easy is it to take our pet dog with us .
Please help, I am a bit flumoxed and don't know where to start. Thanks Kaz
Hi Kaz73
Welcome to the forum
Is your chap going via the TWP or PNP or FSW CAT2 (AEO)?
either route should allow for you (wife) and son ( dependant) to go on his visa . I'm sure someone with far more knowledge than me will give you the facts but also checkout the wiki link at the top of this page its full of useful info and facts .
All the best with your application
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kaz and welcome to the forum.

I would assume that your husband will be going out to Canada on a Temp Work Permit rather than a Permanent Resident visa?

If so, then the company first has to apply for something called a LMO, which is basically proof that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job. Then he can apply for his TWP.

If he is Skill Level A, O or B on the NOC Matrix then you will be entitled to an open work permit as well, and your son and you will be able to accompany him on any visa.

Have a read of the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) which has loads of info which will be useful for you, from starting to understand the visa process to things you'll need to do before you leave or when you get there. There's even a 'to do' list which will list everything to organise before you go!

Then do shout with any questions and somebody on here will be more than willing to try and help.

Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I feel a bit calmer inside already lol
I'm sure as time goes on I will be putting up more questions Kaz
Old Apr 25th 2009, 8:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaz73
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I feel a bit calmer inside already lol
I'm sure as time goes on I will be putting up more questions Kaz

No probs. The Wiki should help enormously, I know it's been a great help for me.

What does your hubby do and when are you intending to move to Vancouver?

Old Apr 25th 2009, 9:41 am
Just Joined

We are the very very beginning of it. He is going to be working with a scaffold firm there, and when we go there I have no idea depends on how long everything takes really. Will have a look on that site tomorrow when I have a clearer head.