HSBC Banker's draft

Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default HSBC Banker's draft

Hi,

Just a bit of info for anyone paying by banker's draft. I just phoned HSBC, although they confirmed that our draft had not been cashed out (tbh wasn't really expecting it to be cashed for a week or two) they did say that their service centre can find out if it's cashed or not at the Canada end. He advised me to call back in a week or two to check again so I am going to call back at the end of next week.

Some people have been told that they cannot find out if it's cashed or not, but HSBC definitely can.

Wayne.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Manek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HSBC Banker's draft

True, I have always used HSBC Draft and they were able to tell whether its cashed or not.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Manek
True, I have always used HSBC Draft and they were able to tell whether its cashed or not.
Ok cool, well I am going to call them each Friday until they either confirm its cashed or we get an AOR

Wayne.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lindita will become famous soon enough

Just for the record, I used Barclays and they can also let you know if it's been cashed or not.

Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lindita
Just for the record, I used Barclays and they can also let you know if it's been cashed or not.

Cool. Someone whose application was received 27th August 2010 had their credit card charged yesterday. Ours was received 30th August 2010 which means we might expect our draft to be cashed next Monday/Tuesday, but
a) Might be a slightly additional delay because someone has to physically take it to the bank
b) Might take a few days to "clear" from HSBC Canada depending on which bank CIC uses

So could be end of next week, might be the following week, if all has gone well with our application.

Wayne.