HRSDC made me sick!

Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:10 am
Just Joined

gedance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HRSDC made me sick!

Hi Guys,

I had a job offer back in Dec 2007, applied for LMO, and they rejected three times.
I gave a last try! Paid 2000 dollars to get some help from a consultant, and did everything they wanted: employer raised salary on the contract, mentioned specific language skill requirements for the position. But today HRSDC rejected again with the same reason: low salary, not demonstrated sufficient efforts to hire canadians..

Since Dec 2007, I've been so stressed out with this thing, as a result I got sick a few months ago.

I've been in Canada for 7 years, spent 5 years studying, transferred to another university,, waiting for LMO for 9 months...
Now I am asking myself, "Why am I struggling to live/stay in Canada while CANADA does not care about me?"

argggggg,,,,,,

I've never thought about going back to my country, but it is the time to consider going back.

I just wanted to share my experience, and all the best to anyone else involed in this LMO thing!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! I might try one more time though!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

nataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to all
Default Re: HRSDC made me sick!

Originally Posted by gedance
Hi Guys,

I had a job offer back in Dec 2007, applied for LMO, and they rejected three times.
I gave a last try! Paid 2000 dollars to get some help from a consultant, and did everything they wanted: employer raised salary on the contract, mentioned specific language skill requirements for the position. But today HRSDC rejected again with the same reason: low salary, not demonstrated sufficient efforts to hire canadians..

Since Dec 2007, I've been so stressed out with this thing, as a result I got sick a few months ago.

I've been in Canada for 7 years, spent 5 years studying, transferred to another university,, waiting for LMO for 9 months...
Now I am asking myself, "Why am I struggling to live/stay in Canada while CANADA does not care about me?"

argggggg,,,,,,

I've never thought about going back to my country, but it is the time to consider going back.

I just wanted to share my experience, and all the best to anyone else involed in this LMO thing!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you apply for PR via the CEC?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp
Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:37 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

argggggg,,,,,,

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If HRSDC didn't make a mistake (they almost never err) then it is the problem with job offer and employer's efforts as stated in refusal letter.

Fact that salary was raised in new offer doesn't mean that it was raised enough to meet requirements for LMO.

And if employer didn't advertise position nationwide for required period and with high enough salary then employer didn't make sufficient effort to find a Canadian for the job. It is that simple. Advertising with too low salary obviously didn't bring any Canadians, but HRSDC wants to know what results proper advertising with stated salary at proper level would bring. Seems to me it hasn't been advertised and demonstrated as required.

Except processing time HRSDC is quite easy to deal with and all refusals I've seen in past several years were correct - in all cases employer didn't demonstrate all what was required. And in all cases I was retained for after such refusals we were able to get LMO after employer followed simple instructions from me.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,

argggggg,,,,,,

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should not re-apply, unless, you firstly take on Andrew's advice above. Then work with your employer through the points in that refusal letter. Your employer has to advertise your job at the higher salary scale. Your employer should have done this before offering you the job in 2007. Otherwise, unfortunatley, you'd be simply wasting your time and effort by re-applying again.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:38 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

argggggg,,,,,,

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What type of job are you trying to apply for?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If HRSDC didn't make a mistake (they almost never err) then it is the problem with job offer and employer's efforts as stated in refusal letter.

Fact that salary was raised in new offer doesn't mean that it was raised enough to meet requirements for LMO.

And if employer didn't advertise position nationwide for required period and with high enough salary then employer didn't make sufficient effort to find a Canadian for the job. It is that simple. Advertising with too low salary obviously didn't bring any Canadians, but HRSDC wants to know what results proper advertising with stated salary at proper level would bring. Seems to me it hasn't been advertised and demonstrated as required.

Except processing time HRSDC is quite easy to deal with and all refusals I've seen in past several years were correct - in all cases employer didn't demonstrate all what was required. And in all cases I was retained for after such refusals we were able to get LMO after employer followed simple instructions from me.

Thanks for your info, but my answer is no. The employer did everything they wanted, I did last try through the immigration consultant. So we did advertize for required period, and salary was even higher than it's supposed to be.
I should not blame anyone because of this refusal, but I didn't like the way the consaltant dealt with my case, no responsibility, not enough knowledge on this case, and so on.

Anyways, it's over now.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
What type of job are you trying to apply for?
Hi,

It's a software developer/programmer
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kiton6
You should not re-apply, unless, you firstly take on Andrew's advice above. Then work with your employer through the points in that refusal letter. Your employer has to advertise your job at the higher salary scale. Your employer should have done this before offering you the job in 2007. Otherwise, unfortunatley, you'd be simply wasting your time and effort by re-applying again.
yeah, I know, I should not reapply, more importantly I don't want to waist my time doing this over again. I am so sick of HRSDC now.
There is always a way! Crossing fingers!!
Thanks for your comments!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

I should not blame anyone because of this refusal, but I didn't like the way the consaltant dealt with my case, no responsibility, not enough knowledge on this case, and so on.
yeah, I know, I should not reapply, more importantly I don't want to waist my time doing this over again. I am so sick of HRSDC now.

Seems to me you are blaming HRSDC. How about you take some responsibility as well? Learn the process. See what others are suggesting. Andrew Miller has given you good advice. But here you are saying the same thing over and over again about HRSDC. They are not going to approve you simply because you want them to, unless you meet the requirements.

Its like saying you want to go outside the room, but instead of using the door you are banging you head against the wall and then blaming the wall for not letting you out. Sure, you can keep bang your head against the wall and keep blaming the wall. Its not going to do you any good, but give you one big headache.

Ray
Old Sep 27th 2008, 8:35 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

It's a software developer/programmer
Seem to remember reading that your profession is on one of the OUP lists. If you have the funds and really want to be in Canada why don`t you think about doing a post graduate program in your field (Unless you have already done it) becuase after 6 months they give you a part-time work permit and on graduation a years open work-permit. Which means you can apply for any job you want there. Once in the job you may get fast-tracked PR.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by raymasa
Seems to me you are blaming HRSDC. How about you take some responsibility as well? Learn the process. See what others are suggesting. Andrew Miller has given you good advice. But here you are saying the same thing over and over again about HRSDC. They are not going to approve you simply because you want them to, unless you meet the requirements.

Its like saying you want to go outside the room, but instead of using the door you are banging you head against the wall and then blaming the wall for not letting you out. Sure, you can keep bang your head against the wall and keep blaming the wall. Its not going to do you any good, but give you one big headache.

Ray

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. It's all my fault!
(You'd better read the thread #6 above)
Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Seem to remember reading that your profession is on one of the OUP lists. If you have the funds and really want to be in Canada why don`t you think about doing a post graduate program in your field (Unless you have already done it) becuase after 6 months they give you a part-time work permit and on graduation a years open work-permit. Which means you can apply for any job you want there. Once in the job you may get fast-tracked PR.
Hi Jules,

Yup! I will have all possible back-up cases. Right now, my employer wants to take the PNP route! I read about PNP, seems like the company qualifies, but will see how it goes.
At the same time, I will get ready to take one of the postgraduate programs.
Thanks for your suggestion!