HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

schumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really nice
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by Alvic
No we have never been further West than Ontario so it will all be a great adventure for us. My Mum has just told me that there is more crime in Regina than anywhere else in the whole of Canada - so that takes some beating dont it!!! Will keep you posted on how the reccie went.
Alison.
Alison

I thought that Winnipeg was the worst place. We have friends that live in Regina and when we were there we felt safe, I know that was 10 years ago, but we didn't feel scared at all. Regina I thought would be too small to have the most crime.
Does your mom want you to go, not an ulterior motive there??
If I hear anything I will let you know.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by schumachergal
Alison

I thought that Winnipeg was the worst place. We have friends that live in Regina and when we were there we felt safe, I know that was 10 years ago, but we didn't feel scared at all. Regina I thought would be too small to have the most crime.
Someone told me that the crime hotspot for Alberta was Edmonton - couldnt believe it !!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 8:43 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by schumachergal
Alison

This is exactly the problem - I have had a lot of grief from both her and my only sister and they were both at my house yesterday for Sunday lunch and were ganging up on me. We were out for a walk at the time and I felt like pushing both of them into the river!! But restrained myself. We will find out for ourselves on Thursday!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

schumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alvic
This is exactly the problem - I have had a lot of grief from both her and my only sister and they were both at my house yesterday for Sunday lunch and were ganging up on me. We were out for a walk at the time and I felt like pushing both of them into the river!! But restrained myself. We will find out for ourselves on Thursday!
Hmmm, been there done that, I am an only one and my mom is 75 and when we emigrated to New Mexico in 03 she was trying to tarnish our daughter who was 5 then, that worked because that was the main reason we came back she was missing her Nanny!
So I know what you are going thru, why can't people just be very sad that you are leaving but on the other hand wish you every success and happiness. I wish you that, you have ONE LIFE - LIVE IT !
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Has anyone got any updates on Alberta LMO's??
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottandsara
Not Alberta, but today we are on week 10 for REgina, Saskatchewan.
WE need the patience of a saint !
Julie
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsara
er no sorry. Our employer seems to have booked a phonecall(?) for 4th July and will be able to update you then

Gryph
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

DOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant future

Hi guys,

I am currently in Calgary and have changed employer. They have me on work permit exempt status until September. My LMO application was submitted mid April and still nothing, I am not expecting anything until mid July and I live and work here....so there are no shortcuts....FYI the WP application is now taking 4 weeks plus, so not only do you have to wait for 12-15 weeks for the LMO you now need to add another 4 before the WP is issued..!!!:curse:

Sun is shining here and the temp is mid 20's so off for a few beers at the neighbours.........

Cheers

Dobbie
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOBBIE
Hi guys,
you now need to add another 4 before the WP is issued..!!!:curse:

Sun is shining here and the temp is mid 20's so off for a few beers at the neighbours.........

Cheers

Dobbie
Hi Dobbie

When you get your positive LMO from HRDSC why dont you just drive down to Coutts and cross into the US and go back to Canada applying for the WP on the way back in ? It's a POE isnt it ?

Gaynor
x
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

DOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant future

Thanks Gaynor,

Already done the coutts, seagrass run to change my WP, if an issue I would do again, but I can still work and play whilst application is in so no problems. Just wanted to give an idea to people how long things are now taking. Especially those not visa exempt, who cannot get WP at POE....

20 degrees yesterday, sun shining blue sky and very hot. Thunderstorms today and cold....typical as we just spent the afternoon cowering in the trees at my son's football team end of season BBQ at Lake Sundance, the deer didn't seem to mind our company though.. !!!!!

Cheers

Dobbie
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DOBBIE
Hi guys,

I am currently in Calgary and have changed employer. They have me on work permit exempt status until September. My LMO application was submitted mid April and still nothing, I am not expecting anything until mid July and I live and work here....so there are no shortcuts....FYI the WP application is now taking 4 weeks plus, so not only do you have to wait for 12-15 weeks for the LMO you now need to add another 4 before the WP is issued..!!!:curse:

Cheers

Dobbie
the 4 weeks you said about WP application, is that in Vegreville right?
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

4 weeks vegerville....

Correct, although it was my lawyer that told me the timings and I am assuming vegerville application....

Cheers

Dobbie
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

cousinette is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone
I am new in this forum.
I was wondering if you will have an update on LMO timeline in Edmonton.
my LMO has been sent in 2nd april and still no answer although 12 weeks are over.
My employer never contact them to have any update.
they heard that sometimes when you call them it can delay even more the processing.

Is it true ?
Did your employer contact Service Canada? Did you notice any delay because of that ?

Thank you for your help

Coco
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

gleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura aboutgleech has a spectacular aura about

welcome to the forum coco...

In my case, my employer called Service Canada several times to follow-up and I guess it has no impact on processing time....the dispute on my wage did make a delay on my LMO....

Please fill-up the Questionaire so newbie like you can have an idea.

gryph and scott are on the same boat with you, they are still waiting for their LMO in Alberta.

Thanks
Erick

Last edited by gleech; Jun 28th 2007 at 4:42 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

cousinette is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Gleech !!

1) Provincial office where applied: Edmonton
2) Date when application was POSTED: Faxed on 2th April
3) Date when they recieved the application: same day
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Not yet
5) Date when decision made or recieved? Not yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
INSIDE

Coco

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.