British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   HRSDC LMO Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/hrsdc-lmo-timeline-441170/)

gryphea Jun 6th 2007 8:48 am

Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4877722)
1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: March 2, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: March 2, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or recieved? June 6, 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Congratualtions!

scottandsara Jun 6th 2007 11:23 am

Oh well, gryphea, looks like we are the only Alberta LMO's left waiting.:(

Scott

gryphea Jun 6th 2007 11:33 am

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4879637)
Oh well, gryphea, looks like we are the only Alberta LMO's left waiting.:(

Scott

I Know! Here's hoping!!

Gleech's would have obviously gone through earlier if there hadn't been queries. That would have been 12 weeks without queries, and it was just over 3 months with queries. We shall see. 12 weeks would be OK for us, any longer would get tricky as we want to be there for start of school year.

lets hope that since gleech applied the queue has got shorter rather than longer!
Gryphea

scottandsara Jun 6th 2007 1:59 pm

Do you know if all of the Alberta LMO's are processed at the same place, or does it depend on where they are submitted (I think there is more than one HRSDC office in Alberta)? Just a thought.

gryphea Jun 6th 2007 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4880228)
Do you know if all of the Alberta LMO's are processed at the same place, or does it depend on where they are submitted (I think there is more than one HRSDC office in Alberta)? Just a thought.

I had this thought last wekk and confused myself and pannicced myself etc etc. It seems they are all processed in Edmonton

Gryphea

gleech Jun 6th 2007 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4880228)

Well I believed there's only one in Alberta and all goes to Edmonton, see here.

Scott and Gryp, I'm sure you two will also receive positive LMO very soon.

Erick

scottandsara Jun 6th 2007 3:45 pm

Thanks for that Erick.

scottandsara Jun 11th 2007 10:32 am

Just to let you know, I've spoken to my consultant & they have advised 12 weeks for the lmo rather than the initial 4-8 that they said.

Well, 5 down 7 to go:unsure:

burton bunch Jun 11th 2007 11:13 am

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4877722)
1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: March 2, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: March 2, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or recieved? June 6, 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Hi Babe

A bit of a belated Congrats to you - hope that is ok but have been to Ca for a couple weeks.

If you can wait for PR to come thru then Mrs Gleech will be able to work at that point. A letter from your new employer saying that on PR the job will be permanent will expedite the PR process for you. Have heard that peeps doing this from within has taken between 9 - 18 months.

Something for you to consider hun

Gay
x

gryphea Jun 11th 2007 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4899352)
Just to let you know, I've spoken to my consultant & they have advised 12 weeks for the lmo rather than the initial 4-8 that they said.

Well, 5 down 7 to go:unsure:

Ah well _ thought 12 was more realistic- but 12 is in some ways better as it implies they checked and were told 12 rather than 15!

Gryph

snorkmaiden Jun 12th 2007 1:27 pm

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta (the job is in Edmonton)
2) Date when application was POSTED: I don't have the exact date but it was the week of the 10th of April.
3) Date when they recieved the application: Week of 10th of April.
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Not as far as I know.
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 29th of May. (so it took around 7 weeks)
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Employee is outside Canada.

scottandsara Jun 12th 2007 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden (Post 4904201)
1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta (the job is in Edmonton)
2) Date when application was POSTED: I don't have the exact date but it was the week of the 10th of April.
3) Date when they recieved the application: Week of 10th of April.
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Not as far as I know.
5) Date when decision made or recieved? 29th of May. (so it took around 7 weeks)
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Employee is outside Canada.

Thats thrown a bit of optimism back in the situation for me :thumbsup:

Looks like the lmo lottery is in full swing;)

gleech Jun 12th 2007 1:53 pm

they're back on track, I guess and that's a great news. :thumbsup:

snorkmaiden Jun 12th 2007 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4904227)
Thats thrown a bit of optimism back in the situation for me :thumbsup:

Looks like the lmo lottery is in full swing;)

It's thrown me into a complete state of panic, I was sauntering along slowly thinking I had at least until August to organise the move and now I am a prime candidate for the men in white coats :D

I hope your LMO arrives as quickly :)

scottandsara Jun 12th 2007 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden (Post 4904636)
It's thrown me into a complete state of panic, I was sauntering along slowly thinking I had at least until August to organise the move and now I am a prime candidate for the men in white coats :D

I hope your LMO arrives as quickly :)

DON'T PANIC:eek:
You'll be fine!

I'm the opposite though - completely prepared, temporarily living at my mother-in-law's, and my only tie is my current employers notice to work before I can be on a plane! Trust me though, this has only made the wait seem longer:thumbdown: