British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   HRSDC LMO Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/hrsdc-lmo-timeline-441170/)

gryphea Jun 1st 2007 8:43 am

Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4858971)
I've been advised by my consultant that mine would be back 4-8 weeks after it being submitted - but now I'm not so sure! Oh well, 3 down ?? to go:(

I would say 4-8 weeks for Alberta is on the very optomistic/insanely optomistic side but there's nothing wrong with a spot of optomism!

Yours must have been submitted just after ours - and I am thinking more like 12 weeks and then I may get a pleasant surprise (of course I could get an unpleasant one!)

Gryphea

scottandsara Jun 1st 2007 2:16 pm

I suppose it's just a case of wait & see - it does seem to be a bit random with regards to timescale.

I just hope my new employer slipped in a few dollars with my lmo application;)

gryphea Jun 1st 2007 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4860237)
I suppose it's just a case of wait & see - it does seem to be a bit random with regards to timescale.

I just hope my new employer slipped in a few dollars with my lmo application;)

We have suggested to ours that they exert gentle pressure and they say they can try but in their experince it makes no difference!

gleech Jun 4th 2007 8:12 pm

just a little update on my LMO and good news(I guess). The officer who's handling our application called my employer and she instructed my employer to just change the Job Title to satisfy the wage requirement. Employer also told me that the officer is nice and supportive.

I just have one concern about open spousal work permit. My job title before is Glazier and now it was down to helper, I dont mind the change in job title. My concern is, can my wife still apply for open spousal work permit. Glazier belongs to NOC class B while the helper belongs to NOC Class D. I dont know if I'm correct or someone could correct me, Regardless of Job Title, Spouse are entitled for Open Work Permit?

Erick

gryphea Jun 4th 2007 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4872617)
just a little update on my LMO and good news(I guess). The officer who's handling our application called my employer and she instructed my employer to just change the Job Title to satisfy the wage requirement. Employer also told me that the officer is nice and supportive.

I just have one concern about open spousal work permit. My job title before is Glazier and now it was down to helper, I dont mind the change in job title. My concern is, can my wife still apply for open spousal work permit. Glazier belongs to NOC class B while the helper belongs to NOC Class D. I dont know if I'm correct or someone could correct me, Regardless of Job Title, Spouse are entitled for Open Work Permit?

Erick

Hi Gleech- Spousal open permits are only issued for certian types of employment- you therefore need to check this out and don't assume it

Gryphea

gleech Jun 4th 2007 9:16 pm

I guess I found my answer here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/worker-4.html

Occupation needs to be in NOC O, A, B.

sad, but what chances do we have so that wife can come with me.

Erick

scottandsara Jun 5th 2007 7:09 am

your wife can come with you, she just wont be able to work.

Member123 Jun 5th 2007 9:23 am

Every womans dream:rofl::rofl:

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4874064)
your wife can come with you, she just wont be able to work.

scottandsara Jun 5th 2007 10:24 am

I'm in the same boat - my wife wont be entitled to a work permit, but we have two kids (age 1 and 3) that she has to look after anyway.

gleech Jun 5th 2007 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4874747)
I'm in the same boat - my wife wont be entitled to a work permit, but we have two kids (age 1 and 3) that she has to look after anyway.

That's great, she can come along but she is not entitled to apply for open work permit. She needs to have her own LMO and work permit to work legally. thanks scott.

Erick

scottandsara Jun 5th 2007 1:31 pm

No probs.

I guess it's gonna be difficult breaking the news that she will have to become a lady of leisure :)

Scott

gryphea Jun 5th 2007 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4872833)
I guess I found my answer here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/worker-4.html

Occupation needs to be in NOC O, A, B.

sad, but what chances do we have so that wife can come with me.

Erick

Erick

Sorry to hear this. She can of course come with you - but not work- which may be difficult in Calgary

Gryphea

gleech Jun 6th 2007 12:23 am

another update guys,

after the problems with wage and change of job title, I finally found my positive LMO sitting in my email :thumbsup:, The officer really helps us in obtaining a positive LMO, LMO is valid for 2yrs.

Erick

gleech Jun 6th 2007 12:29 am

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: March 2, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: March 2, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them?
5) Date when decision made or recieved? June 6, 2007
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

scottandsara Jun 6th 2007 7:19 am

QUOTE=gleech;4877713]another update guys,

after the problems with wage and change of job title, I finally found my positive LMO sitting in my email :thumbsup:, The officer really helps us in obtaining a positive LMO, LMO is valid for 2yrs.

Erick[/QUOTE]

Great news Erick - PANIC OVER! :thumbsup: