British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   HRSDC LMO Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/hrsdc-lmo-timeline-441170/)

gleech May 30th 2007 5:42 am

Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

just an update, after 12weeks, Service Canada already contacted my employer and they proposed a wage but my employer didn't agree with their proposed wage because the wage is for a Journeyman and with that I agree with my employer that I'm not in a position to received a Journeyman wage at the moment. We have two links from Service Canada and Government of Alberta that we meet the wage requirement. My employer already sent his answer back to Service Canada and waiting for reply. Hopefully we can have a positive news after this. And he was really frustrated about the government red tape.

Erick

gryphea May 30th 2007 7:47 am

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4849380)
just an update, after 12weeks, Service Canada already contacted my employer and they proposed a wage but my employer didn't agree with their proposed wage because the wage is for a Journeyman and with that I agree with my employer that I'm not in a position to received a Journeyman wage at the moment. We have two links from Service Canada and Government of Alberta that we meet the wage requirement. My employer already sent his answer back to Service Canada and waiting for reply. Hopefully we can have a positive news after this. And he was really frustrated about the government red tape.

Erick

Oh Gleech- not good news. Have no idea what a journeyman is but it doesn't seem great. Fingers crossed.

Gryphea

gryphea May 30th 2007 7:51 am

Originally Posted by gryphea (Post 4717220)
1) Provincial office where applied: ALBERTA
2) Date when application was POSTED: Faxed on 27th April
3) Date when they recieved the application: same day
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? Not yet
5) Date when decision made or recieved? Not yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
OUTSIDE

Just gone in, not online as we requested from our employers. We will do work permit application over weekend and send off around 6th May to run concurrently

Gryphea

Just to add we have now yesterday contacted the employer to obtain a time estimate as it is needed for concurrent work permit processing. No news yet.

One other piece of info/question
The job is in Calgary but as the firm's HO and payroll is in Edmonton they sent it there. Is that correct (they have done it before)? Or do all Albertan LMOs go to Edmonton? Is Edmonton likely to have a shorter queue? Or will Edmonton send it back down to Calgary to enter queue again

Gryphea

gleech May 30th 2007 8:02 am

it is really a bad news, from what I know to be a journeyman, you need to take trade exam and can work from different province. but for my occupation, employer can hire worker even he is not a certified journeyman in Alberta, as long as the employer has confident that the worker can perform the task.

as for you question, I dont really have any idea, but I think the LMO should be submitted in Calgary because Calgary and Edmonton has different wages.

gleech May 30th 2007 8:09 am

1) Provincial office where applied: Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: March 2, 2007
3) Date when they recieved the application: March 2, 2007
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? after 12weeks, Service Canada proposed a wage which employer did not agree, employer sent explanation to SC and waiting for reply.
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

gryphea May 30th 2007 8:51 am

Originally Posted by gleech (Post 4849753)
it is really a bad news, from what I know to be a journeyman, you need to take trade exam and can work from different province. but for my occupation, employer can hire worker even he is not a certified journeyman in Alberta, as long as the employer has confident that the worker can perform the task.

as for you question, I dont really have any idea, but I think the LMO should be submitted in Calgary because Calgary and Edmonton has different wages.

Oh dear bad news - that's not good on two counts then:
1. the salary isn't enough
2. even if it was , if they classify it as journeyman can you meet the requirements

I really hope things manage to get sorted

Gryphea

gleech May 30th 2007 2:38 pm

I believed that Service Canada did not review our application thoroughly. They are proposing a wage intended for a Journeyman, I'm not a certified Journeyman so the proposed wage is not applicable to me(a $10 difference). But it was clearly stated in Alberta website that my occuapation is OPTIONAL which means that employer can hire people which is not a Journeyman. If they review it this way then we dont have a problem with wage as we meet the prevailing wage. I hope they know what they are doing.

scottandsara May 31st 2007 9:23 am

Does anyone know if there is any way of checking the progress of your LMO yourself, without getting your employer involved? I am keen to know what stage mine is at, but don't want to hassle my new employer (first impressions and all that;))

Thanks

Scott

schumachergal May 31st 2007 10:01 am

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4855018)
Does anyone know if there is any way of checking the progress of your LMO yourself, without getting your employer involved? I am keen to know what stage mine is at, but don't want to hassle my new employer (first impressions and all that;))

Thanks

Scott

Hi Scott
I have often thought the same thing, We just keep in touch with hubby's employer by just giving him snip updates of what is going on here, like when the house went up for sale, what the weather is like. We have a webcam of Saskatoon and we often mention what is going on in Saskatoon. For your info we are on week 7 Friday the 1st June - our LMO went into Regina. Immigration are in contact with our employer so we know it is being processed. Do you know if your process has started, if you don't even know that it may be worth just asking your employer to contact the immigration office they sent it to just to get a tracking number if nothing else.
Good Luck, we know how you feel, we have no nails left!

Regards Julie

schumachergal May 31st 2007 10:12 am

Hi Eric, Hope this helps other people.

Hi for the benefit of those applying and will apply for LMO, these do post your LMO timeline. My LMO is still in process in Alberta. Please follow the format or if you have someting to add, please do so and repost the format.

PLEASE DO POST EVEN IF YOU HAVE APPLIED AND WERE SUCCESSFUL OR GOT REJECTED please it will help others:

1) Provincial office where applied: SASKATOON, SASK - But was then sent to Regina.
2) Date when application was POSTED: BY HAND ON FRIDAY 13TH !! APRIL 2007)
3) Date when they recieved the application: Same Day
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? We are in contact often with the employer, just keeping in touch by email, but from immigration (other than asking for a couple of peices of paperwork they have heard NOTHING YET - 7 weeks on June 1st 07 :unsure:
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside in the UK

thanks
Erick

gleech May 31st 2007 11:24 am

Thanks Julie.

It's impossible to get information about your LMO progress by yourself, I've tried to call the Service Canada before, they only disclose information to employer. You really need your employer's participation if you need to get information or follow-up your LMO Application.

Erick

gryphea May 31st 2007 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea (Post 4717220)
1) Provincial office where applied: ALBERTA
2) Date when application was POSTED: Faxed on 27th April
3) Date when they recieved the application: same day
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? We chased employer who chased service canada who have said 'We shouldn't expect
any action on this file until at least the end of June.'We also have a reference number that we can send to London as we are up for concurrent processing
5) Date when decision made or recieved? Not yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
OUTSIDE

Gryphea

just an update- end of June I would be pleased with but I doubt that is really the case

bear-diesel May 31st 2007 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea (Post 4831516)
Hi Dobbie

Welcome to the forum.
Can I just ask whether being in an occupation uner pressure speeds LMOs up? Also when you say theya re taking 15 weeks- do they all take that long, or do some? is it the average or is it the maximum? Do you know if they process them in strict orer queue?

I ask because we have applied for a concurrent work permit and if the LMo takes 2 long the work permit may get refused and we have to start again

Gryphea

Hi Gryphea
I think it may depend on your job as mine only took 6 days in Feb. Or maybe goverment jobs get different treatment,or maybe depending what the job is may go through a different dept.
The LMO seems as random as the wp time to me
jo

gryphea Jun 1st 2007 7:54 am

Originally Posted by bear-diesel (Post 4857253)
Hi Gryphea
I think it may depend on your job as mine only took 6 days in Feb. Or maybe goverment jobs get different treatment,or maybe depending what the job is may go through a different dept.
The LMO seems as random as the wp time to me
jo

I think maybe they give government jobs/ health jobs different treatment!

Its killing me - we desparately don't want our son to have to start school here

Gryphea

scottandsara Jun 1st 2007 8:11 am

I've been advised by my consultant that mine would be back 4-8 weeks after it being submitted - but now I'm not so sure! Oh well, 3 down ?? to go:(