British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   HRSDC LMO Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/hrsdc-lmo-timeline-441170/)

gleech May 24th 2007 12:43 pm

Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

congrats kerlynkeo.

@Scott

another LMO from Alberta, Mine is on its 11week and 12week this coming friday, and still no decision. :(

@daveh123

hey dave, did you already receive your decision?

Thanks
Erick

scottandsara May 24th 2007 1:25 pm

Hang in there! At least you're closer to the end than the beginning;)

gleech May 24th 2007 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by scottandsara (Post 4825657)
Hang in there! At least you're closer to the end than the beginning;)

I'm pulling all the patience in my pocket and I have no choice but to wait even my patience runs out.

schumachergal May 24th 2007 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Alison Annett (Post 4824209)
Congratulations - record time. I hope ours happens so quickly in Saskatchewan.
Enjoy your landing and new life. We have neighbours who immigrated to a farm to PEI years ago and they love it and wont even come back here for holidays - so I hope you enjoy it as much.:rofl:

Alison, Where is SK are you hoping to go and how far down the line are you. Our LMO was applied for on Apr 13 07, immigration have been in touch a couple of times with the employer (they have never had to do this process before) butshe has told him it should be cleared in the next few days.

We are hopefully off to Saskatoon, no not to be a truck driver, my hubby is a heavy fleet diesel mechanic.

schumachergal May 24th 2007 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 4717533)
Hi Alison

HRDSC have a page about occupations under pressure see here

About the "small town" all depends what you guys want - you have to remember that with the larger places (Calgary, Van and Toronto) comes higher property costs :ohmy: .

A matter for you to think about that if you go over on your hubby's skill is he the correct skill level for you to get a spousal open work permit - as without a WP in your right you are not allowed to work. But the link about should give you some idea as to all of this just have a proper good look around it hun

Gaynor
x

Yippee Gaynor, I did not realise you could apply for spousal permits, just looked on the website, and guess what I will be doing when the positive LMO comes thru
Thanks
Julie

Member123 May 24th 2007 10:14 pm

We are waiting now for 11.30pm tonight - just a few minutes, for the second part of a job interview for my OH in a firm in Regina1! I actually feel sick. Now that they may say tonight that he has the job I have taken a severe case of the doubts!! Am even teary whatever has happened. I am tired too as OH first interview was last night at 11.30pm and he was on the phone for ages and then we sat and talked until 1.30am - so I am putting it down to that. Plus I was with my Mum all day and heard a million times how much she was dreading me leaving. OH also a mechanic!!

Originally Posted by schumachergal (Post 4826939)
Alison, Where is SK are you hoping to go and how far down the line are you. Our LMO was applied for on Apr 13 07, immigration have been in touch a couple of times with the employer (they have never had to do this process before) butshe has told him it should be cleared in the next few days.

We are hopefully off to Saskatoon, no not to be a truck driver, my hubby is a heavy fleet diesel mechanic.

schumachergal May 24th 2007 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Alison Annett (Post 4827809)
We are waiting now for 11.30pm tonight - just a few minutes, for the second part of a job interview for my OH in a firm in Regina1! I actually feel sick. Now that they may say tonight that he has the job I have taken a severe case of the doubts!! Am even teary whatever has happened. I am tired too as OH first interview was last night at 11.30pm and he was on the phone for ages and then we sat and talked until 1.30am - so I am putting it down to that. Plus I was with my Mum all day and heard a million times how much she was dreading me leaving. OH also a mechanic!!

Well good luck ! Hubby Kev went to Saskatoon in January for the interview. They wanted him there and then !! Came back and the company got the LMO rolling and submitted on April 13 2007. They have never done this before so they were blind to it. We are knowledgable as we emigrated to New Mexico in the States in 04 and came back...........Don't ask long story and biggest mistake of our lives. Mechanics look like they seem to get positive LMO's come back and lawyers have told us (Don't quote me or them though) that the only reason a temp work permit is turned down is because of health probs or police record, which we have neither. I take it you are in first stages then. Have you been to REgina, we went in 1997 because Kev got a job with a truck company then, but because of sad personal circumstances we had to turn down. Let me know how you get on. Julie

burton bunch May 25th 2007 12:32 am

Originally Posted by schumachergal (Post 4827834)
Mechanics look like they seem to get positive LMO's come back and lawyers have told us (Don't quote me or them though) that the only reason a temp work permit is turned down is because of health probs or police record, which we have neither. I take it you are in first stages then. Have you been to REgina, we went in 1997 because Kev got a job with a truck company then, but because of sad personal circumstances we had to turn down. Let me know how you get on. Julie

Hi Julie

Sorry have to say that no LMO is absolutely certain - it could be turned down for all sorts of reasons ie

The Salary being paid - is it enough or too much ?

Was the vacancy advertised Nationwide throughout Canada ?

The condition that HRDSC allows a foreign worker to take up employment in Canada is that the business has done everything in their power to attract a Canadian Resident to take up the position and only if this is proved to have been actually done will HRDSC issue a positive LMO.

good Luck

Gaynor
x

scottandsara May 25th 2007 8:14 am

Just a quick question - for people who have there LMO, how was you advised of it? Does the employer get a letter? Did you get a letter? Do you get advised by email? etc... just curious to know what to expect

thanks
Scott

DOBBIE May 25th 2007 4:39 pm

Hi Scott,

The employer will be sent a copy of the LMO along with immigration. Your employer should then forward to you, 'cause you need to present it to the immigration officer along with your contract etc. at the point of entry into Canada.

Currently in Alberta LMOs are taking 15 weeks...

Be nice to immigration when you see them, they have the final say on you being allowed in. The LMO does not guarantee you entry....:eek:

Cheers

Dobbie

gryphea May 25th 2007 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by DOBBIE (Post 4831140)
Hi Scott,

The employer will be sent a copy of the LMO along with immigration. Your employer should then forward to you, 'cause you need to present it to the immigration officer along with your contract etc. at the point of entry into Canada.

Currently in Alberta LMOs are taking 15 weeks...

Be nice to immigration when you see them, they have the final say on you being allowed in. The LMO does not guarantee you entry....:eek:

Cheers

Dobbie

Hi Dobbie

Welcome to the forum.
Can I just ask whether being in an occupation uner pressure speeds LMOs up? Also when you say theya re taking 15 weeks- do they all take that long, or do some? is it the average or is it the maximum? Do you know if they process them in strict orer queue?

I ask because we have applied for a concurrent work permit and if the LMo takes 2 long the work permit may get refused and we have to start again

Gryphea

DOBBIE May 25th 2007 7:24 pm

Hi Gryphea,

As far as I am aware the application just joins the back of the queue (sorry line!!!) regardless of the urgency. I have heard of individuals getting LMO exemptions but these are few and far between. Some companies here in Alberta have applied for bulk LMOs for upcoming projects whereby they know there will be a shortage of skills. This allows them to assign individuals to already issued LMOs, this process takes 2 weeks, but again these companies are rare......Pain in the backside I know but you're not alone...

It took my LMO 12 weeks last summer and I was an inter company transfer !!

I hope it comes through for you soon..
Cheers

Dobbie

schumachergal May 25th 2007 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch (Post 4828194)
Hi Julie

Sorry have to say that no LMO is absolutely certain - it could be turned down for all sorts of reasons ie

The Salary being paid - is it enough or too much ?

Was the vacancy advertised Nationwide throughout Canada ?

The condition that HRDSC allows a foreign worker to take up employment in Canada is that the business has done everything in their power to attract a Canadian Resident to take up the position and only if this is proved to have been actually done will HRDSC issue a positive LMO.

good Luck

Gaynor
x

Thanks but already know that and they are paying above the prevailing wage.
Immigration have asked for copies of adverts, they are advertising constantly on their website, My husband has a skill that is in great demand, if he can get a USA H1B visa which I consider 10 times harder than this I am hopeful we will get a poss LMO.

schumachergal May 25th 2007 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by schumachergal (Post 4827834)
Well good luck ! Hubby Kev went to Saskatoon in January for the interview. They wanted him there and then !! Came back and the company got the LMO rolling and submitted on April 13 2007. They have never done this before so they were blind to it. We are knowledgable as we emigrated to New Mexico in the States in 04 and came back...........Don't ask long story and biggest mistake of our lives. Mechanics look like they seem to get positive LMO's come back and lawyers have told us (Don't quote me or them though) that the only reason a temp work permit is turned down is because of health probs or police record, which we have neither. I take it you are in first stages then. Have you been to REgina, we went in 1997 because Kev got a job with a truck company then, but because of sad personal circumstances we had to turn down. Let me know how you get on. Julie

Alison, how did hubby get on?
Julie

schumachergal May 25th 2007 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Alison Annett (Post 4827809)

Alison How did hubby get on then Julie