HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by gryphea
OK , a not very positive update. Employer called HRDSC alberta and they are now working on 1st April LMOs- not great news, we have nearly 4 weeks more to wait which means we won't be In Calgary for school start. Very disappointed

Gryph
Oh no! :curse:
Not what you wanted to hear, but it will come eventually ..... now you just have to hang in there - you know it will be worth it. We must all keep the faith.

Rob.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa_W
That is a real shame, Gryph. You have been so unlucky with this, that it has taken such a long time to process. Keep your chin up.

Lisa

I'm pretty fed up with it really. I so wanted to get in before the schools start. I really don't want to start my son here, as it will take him 2 weeks to get used to it! I guess we will still try and come over ASAP, and if necessary start him late, but not start him in UK!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
Oh no! :curse:
Not what you wanted to hear, but it will come eventually ..... now you just have to hang in there - you know it will be worth it. We must all keep the faith.

Rob.

Its all just typical isn't it. Short queues everywhere that is until we (and loads on this thread) decide to join them and then they become the longest queues in the world!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

irthedino is an unknown quantity at this point

1) Provincial office where applied: Ontario
2) Date when application was POSTED: 5th July
3) Date when they recieved the application: ???
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? ???
5) Date when decision made or recieved? ??? Time's already going backwards!!!
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside[/QUOTE]

A welcome update for anyone applying in Ontario - my employer rang HRSDC yesterday to check all the paperwork had been received and was advised that she could expect an answer around 31st July. She told them she was expecting me to start work on 20th August in a bid to try and speed things up even more, so we'll wait and see. A few more nervous weeks to go yet - i really don't know how you lot in the Alberta queue are coping

Cheers Di x
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

MiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the rough

Its all just typical isn't it. Short queues everywhere that is until we (and loads on this thread) decide to join them and then they become the longest queues in the world!
Hi

We are in the same boat as you. I may resort to plan B if the WP does not arrive in time.

BTW Plan B is to ask CIC if they can send the study permits by mid august and then send OH and kids to Canada. I will continue working here and then move as soon as I receive the WP.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MiddleOfNowhere
Hi

We are in the same boat as you. I may resort to plan B if the WP does not arrive in time.

BTW Plan B is to ask CIC if they can send the study permits by mid august and then send OH and kids to Canada. I will continue working here and then move as soon as I receive the WP.

Sorry, I don't know- are you Alberta too?

What kind of permit will your OH be going on?

In Calgary you need the WP to register for school (note not Study permit as dunniflat is having problems with)

Gryphea
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

schumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really niceschumachergal is just really nice
Default Saskatoon

Hi Is anybody going to Saskatoon, share thoughts pics etc
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

chits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the rough

guys,I had earlier mentioned that LMO was received in 3 weeks.My hubby told me it was rec'd in actually 12 days.That was really fast.we didn't expect it so soon.The job is for fortmc murray,that may be the reason for a quick LMO.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

OK , a not very positive update. Employer called HRDSC alberta and they are now working on 1st April LMOs- not great news, we have nearly 4 weeks more to wait which means we won't be In Calgary for school start. Very disappointed

Gryph
Hey Gryph,

That may not be as bad as it seems - your employer phoned last week didn't he? Thats 1 week down. Also, we don't know how many lmo's they process per week - if they process two weeks of incoming lmo's per week, then I guess your still on schedule for the 12 weeks, right? I just think they've given fairly vague information, which we can't really estimate a time from

There's some optimism for you!

Scott
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:13 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know if any of you read my thread on this or not but I would like to tell you again about what has happened to us. After OH accepting job in Regina (Saskatchewan) we thought his employer was starting the process to apply for LMO. Two days ago we got a email from them to say that LMO no longer needed to be applied for and they were posting us over his contract along with a cover letter and we were to post this to the Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program and this was all we needed to do. We dont know if this means we are now on the Provincial Nominee Program or LMO/WP route and cant get any sense out of them at all. When we were on our reccie we visited the SINP office and they informed us that they couldnt even look at a Nominee Program application for 6-8 months! OH employer reckons he has just been speaking to the right person and has speeded things up.
Does anyone else have any ideas on what has happened as I am very worried.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alvic
Don't know if any of you read my thread on this or not but I would like to tell you again about what has happened to us. After OH accepting job in Regina (Saskatchewan) we thought his employer was starting the process to apply for LMO. Two days ago we got a email from them to say that LMO no longer needed to be applied for and they were posting us over his contract along with a cover letter and we were to post this to the Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program and this was all we needed to do. We dont know if this means we are now on the Provincial Nominee Program or LMO/WP route and cant get any sense out of them at all. When we were on our reccie we visited the SINP office and they informed us that they couldnt even look at a Nominee Program application for 6-8 months! OH employer reckons he has just been speaking to the right person and has speeded things up.
Does anyone else have any ideas on what has happened as I am very worried.
It sounds like they want you to apply via PNP rather than LMO/WP route, but I guess your employer is the only one who can confirm that. I think that your best bet it to contact the employer and ask for a clear explanation & timescale!

good luck!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scottandsara
Hey Gryph,

That may not be as bad as it seems - your employer phoned last week didn't he? Thats 1 week down. Also, we don't know how many lmo's they process per week - if they process two weeks of incoming lmo's per week, then I guess your still on schedule for the 12 weeks, right? I just think they've given fairly vague information, which we can't really estimate a time from

There's some optimism for you!

Scott

That is optomistic!!

Why do you think they could process two weeks worth in one week- that would mean the queue is getting shorter , but its actually getting longer!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:49 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottandsara
It sounds like they want you to apply via PNP rather than LMO/WP route, but I guess your employer is the only one who can confirm that. I think that your best bet it to contact the employer and ask for a clear explanation & timescale!

good luck!
Yeah am really thinking this is what they are doing, although the employer practically wanted my OH to start straight after the interview so if its now going to take us over eight months I shll crack up - I have been very hopeful that we will get away before Xmas.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

chits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the rough

That is optomistic!!

Why do you think they could process two weeks worth in one week- that would mean the queue is getting shorter , but its actually getting longer!
I think for calgary and edmonton,the wait is longer !..just guessing.My OH took just 12 days...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

That is optomistic!!

A little optimism never hurt anyone

They could've had a reduction in incoming lmo's, or staff increase at HRSDC? I was just illustrating that because we don't know how many lmo's are waiting in the que, or how many they process per week, giving you that info is irrelevant - what would have been better would be an estimated date to receive yours.

Anyway, chin up - it'll be here soon!

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.