British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   HRSDC LMO Timeline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/hrsdc-lmo-timeline-441170/)

Mermaid3011 May 26th 2009 5:09 pm

Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Thanks Dave!

We are obviously in the same boat - but mine would be leaving Canada and going back to Europe if the LMO turns out to be negative. Not so nice either :( I already sold everything I had a year ago and would return to NOTHING :eek:

Lets hope for the best!

I am crossing all available fingers for your LMO... lets hope your employer can talk them into changing their mind. I heard from my company's lawyer that this is what they would do too... call the superior and negotiate... :fingerscrossed:

Mermaid3011 May 26th 2009 7:02 pm

O.k. I just heard from a friend who applied on March 30 for an LMO in Toronto, ON:

Her boss called HRSDC and they said that they haven't assigned the case yet to an agent. Once it is assigned to an agent, it will take additional one week before they come up with a decision. They are behind and still processing March applications. :frown:

Has anyone else received a feedback on LMO applications in Toronto, ON yet?

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
Brigit

Mermaid3011 May 27th 2009 5:32 pm

I heard something new and wanted to share it with you:

A friend from an other forum has applied for an LMO on April 3rd in Toronto. His case was assigned to an officer on May 20th and his employer was told that they would have a decision by end of May.

So obviously HRSDC Toronto has different "stacks" and the date of submission is not necessarily an indicator for the timeline when the LMO is actually processed and decided..

Has anyone else heard from HRSDC Toronto these days?
thanks for sharing your experience with us!
Cheers
Brigit

desigirl Jun 4th 2009 2:33 pm

Hi Mermaid,

Looks like we are sailing in the same boat. My husband has applied for an LMO extension on 27th March, 2009 from Toronto. (Mine is an open work permit) We have been waiting ever since.

Our employer called HRSDC today and it seems our case has been assigned to some officer. They told us that we can expect something by the end of this week.

Last year we had got our LMO in 5 weeks. But this time it's pathetic :(
Our WP is expiring on June 29th. We are waiting for the LMO approval so that we can apply for WP extension.

Any updates on your end?

Mermaid3011 Jun 5th 2009 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by desigirl (Post 7633744)
Hi Mermaid,

Looks like we are sailing in the same boat. My husband has applied for an LMO extension on 27th March, 2009 from Toronto. (Mine is an open work permit) We have been waiting ever since.

Our employer called HRSDC today and it seems our case has been assigned to some officer. They told us that we can expect something by the end of this week.

Last year we had got our LMO in 5 weeks. But this time it's pathetic :(
Our WP is expiring on June 29th. We are waiting for the LMO approval so that we can apply for WP extension.

Any updates on your end?

Hi Desi! Welcome on board! :thumbup:

Hey that's actually good news! At least your case has been assigned already. I am not hoping for anything before end of next week or even in two weeks. I am rather working on my plan B - which seems to be necessary these days.

Did you know that you dont have to wait for the LMO approval in order to apply for the new WP? You can send in both at the same time - one to Vegreville and one to HRSDC of course - and tell Vegreville that you applied for an LMO (enclosing a copy of your application might help) and that you ask for concurrent processing. I think that's how they call it. this way you'll save some time!

Good luck and let us know once you hear anything!
Brigit

davidshan Jun 6th 2009 10:21 pm

LMO RECIEVED POSITIVE AFTER 7 WEEKS!!!!! FOR CALGARY...... 5 WEEKS TO HEAR IT WAS REJECTED DUE TO ADMIN ERROR.....AFTER A BIT OF CHATTING AND AN ADDITIONAL BIT OF PAPER, 2 WEEKS LATER CAME BACK POSITIVE!!! WOOO-HOOO!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

daveshan

Mermaid3011 Jun 6th 2009 11:21 pm

:thumbsup:
Congratulations David!!!
Thats great and a really good time line!
seems to me that Calgary HRSDC is either not as busy as Toronto or just really well organized!
I am waiting 9 weeks now... nothing yet.
So lets see if we in Ontario get some more information next week!
Cheers Brigit

RandyG Jun 8th 2009 4:09 pm

Hi,

My employer applied for a LMO during 1st week of May in Services Canada, Vancouver, BC.

Can anyone tell me the timelines for this center?

Randy

Mermaid3011 Jun 8th 2009 5:24 pm

Hi all - I just wanted to update you on the latest news:

I talked to our lawyer today and he told me that TODAY he received positive LMO's for cases sent in on March 27th and April 1st, 2009 (all processed in Toronto, ON).

He is expecting to hear about my LMO sent in on April 1, 2009 this week.

I hope he's right and we all hear soon from HRSDC!

Good luck everyone!
Brigit

Mermaid3011 Jun 10th 2009 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Mermaid3011 (Post 7645680)
Hi all - I just wanted to update you on the latest news:

I talked to our lawyer today and he told me that TODAY he received positive LMO's for cases sent in on March 27th and April 1st, 2009 (all processed in Toronto, ON).

He is expecting to hear about my LMO sent in on April 1, 2009 this week.

I hope he's right and we all hear soon from HRSDC!

Good luck everyone!
Brigit

Nothing new yet :zzz:
This week is sooooooo sloooooowwwww!

city4 Jun 12th 2009 6:12 pm

Hello all!!!
Im currently waiting for my LMO extension in Toronto, My boss received this Email from our HR department today.

I just spoke with HRSDC and they did receive the extended application on
April 15'09. Unfortunately they are back logged and are still working on
the application received April 6'09. Hopefully in the next few weeks
they will assign an officer to it.

So I've got the fingers and toes crossed!!!! Hope this is useful info for everyone else that's waiting.

Mermaid3011 Jun 12th 2009 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by city4 (Post 7659670)
Hello all!!!
Im currently waiting for my LMO extension in Toronto, My boss received this Email from our HR department today.

I just spoke with HRSDC and they did receive the extended application on
April 15'09. Unfortunately they are back logged and are still working on
the application received April 6'09. Hopefully in the next few weeks
they will assign an officer to it.

So I've got the fingers and toes crossed!!!! Hope this is useful info for everyone else that's waiting.

Hey City4!

Good luck to you too! My friend applied March 26th - her application was transferred to Toronto on April 2nd and she just received the information that her LMO got approved on Wednesday. The letter should be there next week as well.

I am still waiting for some information from HRSDC. I applied April 1st.
The current timeline in Toronto seems to be exactly 11 weeks. That's how long my friend waited and I am in my 10th week now. Next week it will be 11as well... :thumbsup:

Let's hope for the best that you'll have your decission by the end of June! :fingerscrossed:

All the best!
Brigit

Mermaid3011 Jun 13th 2009 3:11 pm

A little update from my end:

My employer (and our lawyer as well) was contacted on Friday June 12th (at 5 pm! on a Friday!!) by HRSDC. They requested T4 slips from me for 2008 and my latest payslip for May 2009. We submitted the documents the same night via telefax. They also requested another confirmation by my employer that my job really requires 3 languages (German, English, French).

Our lawyer just now sent an email saying that the voicemail from HRSDC left on Friday says "they will try to issue the lmo on Monday". :thumbsup:

Sounds pretty good I guess...:D
Keep crossing my fingers... :fingerscrossed:

Oh and this brings the waiting time in Toronto, ON to exactly 11 weeks.

Cheers
B.

city4 Jun 13th 2009 4:10 pm

That's great news, got my fingers crossed for you!!!:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

davidshan Jun 15th 2009 8:27 am

Well done Brigit!!!! Really happy for you after such a long wait!!!!

awesome news!

daveshan