HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

mutchg1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Got my LMO last night

Provincial office where applied:Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED:11th AUGUST (FAXED)
3) Date when they recieved the application:11th Aug
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? told to increase wage by 2 dollars/hour 18th Sept
5) Date when decision made or recieved? POSITIVE LMO 19/9/2008
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
Scotland

now the TWP letter frm London hope its a max of 6 weeks as I would like to be settled for xmas
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

fyang is an unknown quantity at this point

1) Provincial office where applied:B.C
2) Date when application was POSTED:JULY 9TH
3) Date when they recieved the application:10th
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? no
5) Date when decision made or recieved? not yet
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? outside
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of

Does anyone know the current time scale for LMO s in Alberta???? we were told by the lawyers in canada that the time scale is 3 weeks for the lMO to come through! i have had people say they get them in days and other people says weeks! does this depend on how the lawyer have put the LMO together?

Any advice would be good

Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lisadd
Does anyone know the current time scale for LMO s in Alberta???? we were told by the lawyers in canada that the time scale is 3 weeks for the lMO to come through! i have had people say they get them in days and other people says weeks! does this depend on how the lawyer have put the LMO together?

Any advice would be good

Thanks
Hi,

Our LMO took 3 Months, but like you I've stories from 7 days to 5 Months.

As far as I'm aware, the company files for an LMO and it could cause a delay if it was completed incorrectly.

Best of luck

Y
Old Nov 25th 2008, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

nzwasp is on a distinguished road

My first lmo I applied for about a month ago and they got to it in 5 days and denied it that day. My 2nd lmo for another company is being applied for in a couple of days I really hope its a quick turn around as well as I dont particularly want to be waiting 3 months for a lmo then have to wait 4 months for a workvisa.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

torontopaddy is just really nicetorontopaddy is just really nicetorontopaddy is just really nicetorontopaddy is just really nicetorontopaddy is just really nicetorontopaddy is just really nicetorontopaddy is just really nicetorontopaddy is just really nice

1) Provincial office where applied: Not sure - immigration lawyer filed it...
2) Date when application was POSTED:November 5th
3) Date when they recieved the application:6th??
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? No
5) Date when decision made or recieved? December 12th - Positive!
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? inside and already working on a 1 year open TWP.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 6:49 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Talking Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

LMO arrived today.

Provincial office where applied: Ontario
2) Date when application was POSTED:19th NOVEMBER (FAXED)
3) Date when they recieved the application: 19th NOVEMBER
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? No correspondence
5) Date when decision made or recieved? POSITIVE LMO 16/12/2008
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted? Outside

Thank you!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 12:24 am

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lisadd

Any advice would be good

Thanks
we are waiting on our second lmo at the moment for alberta.....our first one took months though from sept 2007 till (i think it was )march 2008.
we have been told it should only be about 3 weeks this time which has now passed and i wondered if you could tell me how long yours took in the end .....assuming you do have it now hopefully!
thanks.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

LMO's in Alberta are currently taking 3 weeks with names being attached to existing LMOs in less time than that. If anyone is putting off a decision to move then don't delay much longer. I am going to a meeting with Service Canada (through my current job) in a couple of days. The Federal government is busy pouring syrup into the oily wheels of immigration admin due to pushback from the uninformed who believe that immigrants (temp and permanent) are taking Canadian jobs. I didn't think that this type of nonsense would get any airtime in Canada, but it is and in Alberta things are really starting to tighten up, so get a move on if you can.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

My LMO with BC was four weeks from the time I've received my job offer to having a copy of my LMO from my employer.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:00 pm

dunniflat is an unknown quantity at this point

RECEIVED positive l.m.o.

for... alberta
posted ...2nd feb 09
received at office....4th february
employer received confirmation number....friday 13th march (lucky for some !)

it took a total of 5 weeks !

next step for us is for my hubby to flagpole and get his new work permit....yeeha!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

frankz23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here!!!

1) Provincial office where applied: Edmonton, Alberta
2) Date when application was POSTED: month of Oct 2008
3) Date when they recieved the application: month of Oct 2008
4) Any correspondence or calls received by your employer in between, if yes then the nature of the enquiry and after how many days/weeks did you get an enquiry from them? YES, after they call around 1st week of Feb 2009, need to submit some files again they said we will wait again after 7 weeks but still waiting until now
5) Date when decision made or recieved?
6) Employee is inside or outside Canada when the Application was submitted?
Outside

-Frankz23
Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

davidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant futuredavidshan has a brilliant future

Just thought i'd add to this massive thread!!!

lmo sent in 6th apr 2009 for calgary, employer received letter giving file number and saying application was approved for processing on 14th april, hanging on and trying to keep my patience ..... all in good time i guess....!!

daveshan
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Currently 4 to 6 weeks processing time in Alberta so shouldn't be long till you hear something daveshan
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

frankz23 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's 6 months time waiting

When can Service Canada (Edmonton) approved our LMO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.