HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:49 am
Just Joined

harrycloud will become famous soon enoughharrycloud will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LMO VS Skilled worker class immgration application

Originally Posted by The_Bax
Generally there is no conflict, Canada recognises the concept of Temp to Perm moves. Where you have to tread carefully is in order to get a TWP your employer offers you a temporary job. In order to gain points etc. for Skilled Worker you need a permanent job offer. Basically you need your employer to go into print that they will offer you a permanent job if our gain residency.
I mean to apply for immigraiton without any job offer because my points are already enough without "arranged employment".
Then it seems that it would be logical to apply for immigration and in the menatime wait for LMO. If LMO comes, then I caapply for TWP, seperately from immigration process, right?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:52 am
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by harrycloud
I mean to apply for immigraiton without any job offer because my points are already enough without "arranged employment".
Then it seems that it would be logical to apply for immigration and in the menatime wait for LMO. If LMO comes, then I caapply for TWP, seperately from immigration process, right?
If you've got a job with LMO, and your employer will offer it perm when you get PR, why not use the extra points? Plus PR with job offer is the preferred route according to other threads on here so things move a little (sic) faster that applications without job offer.
But yes, in theory you can apply for SW PR then apply for a TWP if and when you get an LMO.

Last edited by The_Bax; Jul 8th 2008 at 5:57 am.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:05 am
Just Joined

harrycloud will become famous soon enoughharrycloud will become famous soon enough

If you've got a job with LMO, and your employer will offer it perm when you get PR, why not use the extra points? Plus PR with job offer is the preferred route according to other threads on here so things move a little (sic) faster that applications without job offer.
But yes, in theory you can apply for SW PR then apply for a TWP if and when you get an LMO.
you're right, but I am not sure if my employer is willing to offer a permanent job, he seems to offer rather a temporary job for the beginning.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Default service Canada / TORONTO PHONE NUMBER

Does anybody know the phone number of service Canada in Toronto?
I have a number: 416-973-6915
but this is just an automatic answering system. I want to ask which month they're processing.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

starlight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: service Canada / TORONTO PHONE NUMBER

Does anybody know the phone number of service Canada in Toronto?
I have a number: 416-973-6915
but this is just an automatic answering system. I want to ask which month they're processing.
Harry cloud, was your LMO submitted in November? From what I gather, ON are processing LMOs within 4-6 weeks. Have you had anymore news?

I spoke to my boss the other day and it turns out my LMO application was submitted on 27th of May and received on the 28th. Let's hope we hear something soon
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

klotenjames is a jewel in the roughklotenjames is a jewel in the roughklotenjames is a jewel in the roughklotenjames is a jewel in the rough

Just want to inform you about my case:

I applyied for PR as SW one year ago (27.07.2007). We then got a letter from the embassy in Paris (3 months after applying), that we will hear nothing more the next 30-36 months from them... This is their timeline...

Now, after 7 months waiting I got my LMO for Alberta (end april 08 we got it). We flew to Calgary mid may, then drove to the border to the USA (coutts, AB) and there got our work permits in 25 minutes!!!

Now I send the LMO and my PR Case number to the embassy in paris. One week later (yesterday) we got a letter from the embassy, asking for additional informations about ous (police certificate, birth certificates, marriage certificates, update of our informations and work history...)

Now they give us 90 days time to support them with our documents. After 90 days the will make "a decision based on the material available" they wrote...

So best you can do: copy your LMO and send it quickly to the embassy where you applied for the PR! It seems, like it goes very fast then...

By the way:

Sorry friends, I had not enough time the last weeks to visit this thread... It's just very busy time bevore we fly finaly to Calgary... 3 weeks and it will be "take-off"!!!

I am still crossing my finger for everyone still waiting for their LMO!
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by starlight
Harry cloud, was your LMO submitted in November? From what I gather, ON are processing LMOs within 4-6 weeks. Have you had anymore news?

I spoke to my boss the other day and it turns out my LMO application was submitted on 27th of May and received on the 28th. Let's hope we hear something soon
thanks Starlight,
I believe there is somehting wrong going on ! yes they say that they applied for LMO in November 2007 !
I am hardly tring to find a phone number to call form HRDC Toronto to talk to a real person to ask which month they are processing and try to confirm the reciept of my LMO.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:40 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

thanks Starlight,
I believe there is somehting wrong going on ! yes they say that they applied for LMO in November 2007 !
I am hardly tring to find a phone number to call form HRDC Toronto to talk to a real person to ask which month they are processing and try to confirm the reciept of my LMO.
These may be of some use ??
http://www1.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-...i?ln=e&rc=3258
Old Jul 13th 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

any update folks? Are they still processing April in Alberta? Can't believe it's July now
'My' immigration consultant submitted my LMO on June 11th to Alberta so it will be 5 weeks this Wednesday. She called me last Tuesday to say it will be another 3 weeks (first week in August). Will post again when it's through. I have a job in the oil secor in Calgary.

Good luck everybody.

Last edited by PaulOK; Jul 13th 2008 at 5:24 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

cool497 is an unknown quantity at this point

My immigration consultant submitted my LMO on June 15 2008 in Alberta
Still no response.
Its 4 weeks now.Any one know the no to call Alberta HRSDC office ?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mine was submitted on the 27th of May (Alberta ) and I still haven't heard anything.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

scotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura aboutscotcal00 has a spectacular aura about

Mine was submitted on the 27th of May (Alberta ) and I still haven't heard anything.
we had our positive lmo issued on the 15 april and applied for twp straight away cic got all forms by the 28 april and we are still waiting sick of emailing london
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

cool497 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does any body know what month Alberta (Hrsdc) prossing for LMO?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cool497
Does any body know what month Alberta (Hrsdc) prossing for LMO?
May....

well I hope anyway...
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

They are processing May and have been for the last 2 weeks at least so should be well through it by now.
They are processing LMO's so fast at the moment that if there is missing info on any particular application then it can be delayed disproportionately.
I strongly suggest that if your application has been in since March or earlier then your employer should find out the status. We had someone waiting since last year and an enquiry revealed a lost application, which once identified was processed in 5 days. Make sure your prospective employers keep on top of things but don't bog down the system with pointless enquiries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.