Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HRSDC Exempt Arranged Employment ?

HRSDC Exempt Arranged Employment ?

Old Dec 24th 2008, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

sudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HRSDC Exempt Arranged Employment ?

Hi,

I currently work in Canada with a TWP.

This TWP was obtained under the "IT Workers Program", for which there was no LMO or HRSDC confirmation required.

Now my employer wishes to apply for my PR under Arranged Employment.

As I understand, since my TWP did not require a HRSDC confirmation, my employer does not need to do an LMO right now for supporting Arranged Employment. Only a letter detailing intent of permanent employment, wages, job duties, etc. should be enough.

Could you please confirm that this is correct ?

Thanks,
Sudo
Old Dec 24th 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HRSDC Exempt Arranged Employment ?

Originally Posted by sudo
Hi,

I currently work in Canada with a TWP.

This TWP was obtained under the "IT Workers Program", for which there was no LMO or HRSDC confirmation required.

Now my employer wishes to apply for my PR under Arranged Employment.

As I understand, since my TWP did not require a HRSDC confirmation, my employer does not need to do an LMO right now for supporting Arranged Employment. Only a letter detailing intent of permanent employment, wages, job duties, etc. should be enough.

Could you please confirm that this is correct ?

Thanks,
Sudo
My understanding is that because you are already working under a Work Permit on this scheme then, yes, you already have a valid arranged employment for the extra 10 points - if the employer can supplier a letter of intent to employ you indefinetley - and provided that your current permit is valid for another 12 months.

See this older thread - I think Andrew Miller's comments are still up-to-date here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85497
Old Dec 25th 2008, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: HRSDC Exempt Arranged Employment ?

Hi there,

If you search on the forum for 'fast track pr' it will show up a few threads covering the process, for example:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=fast+track+pr

On the above thread, Andrew Miller lays out the process (and forms). I think it still stands that you will have to apply to your 'home' CHC e.g. London (and not Buffalo). However, if I'm wrong someone will be along to tell us shortly.

As you've already found out, getting the letter from your employer stating that they will employ you indefinitely should you granted PR is key. While we live on TWPs we are legally temporary employees. Also, I wrote a cover letter at the top of my application stating that I wished to be considered for Fast-Track PR processing as I was already in Canada on a TWP.

My PR was granted processed in six months during 2008, but this varies wildly. It was done through London CHC.

Hope this helps,

Sarah
Old Dec 25th 2008, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: HRSDC Exempt Arranged Employment ?

Hi,

From your original question, I just wanted to clarify:

It is you that will be submitting the PR application (not your employer).

As much of the documentation you are going to be supplying e.g. previous job references, police checks, exam certificates etc is very personal, only you can manage the application.

Hope this helps,

Sarah