Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HRDC Vaildation (going round in circles)

HRDC Vaildation (going round in circles)

Old Oct 21st 2002, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

syeven is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry HRDC Vaildation (going round in circles)

Hello People,

I currently live in London and I have been trying to find a way to live and work in Canada (preferably Vancouver). I have written so many letters to HRDC and the High commision to try and find out how I can live and work in Canada legally without actually emigrating. I am from a sales and marketing backgound with two years post graduate experience. How likely would it be for me to get a work permit ? what steps should i take e.g fly over and find a job , be illegal for a while or apply from home and hope that a company employs me by what they see on my resume.

Please Please Please help because im very confused.
Old Oct 21st 2002, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

bighead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HRDC Vaildation (going round in circles)

chances of getting hrdc validation for a general sales and marketing job is going to be very very difficult (read impossible)... there would be plenty of canadians and permanent residents that would be able to do the job here in canada itself...

getting a job without being here in person for sales or marketing position would be impossible in itself... sales positions require a certain degree of presentability, and i would be very surprised if such jobs would be offered without the person being present for a personal interview...

your best bet would be to immigrate if you really want to live in canada that badly... the temporary foreign worker route is exceptionally difficult for your background...

Originally posted by syeven:
Hello People,

I currently live in London and I have been trying to find a way to live and work in Canada (preferably Vancouver). I have written so many letters to HRDC and the High commision to try and find out how I can live and work in Canada legally without actually emigrating. I am from a sales and marketing backgound with two years post graduate experience. How likely would it be for me to get a work permit ? what steps should i take e.g fly over and find a job , be illegal for a while or apply from home and hope that a company employs me by what they see on my resume.

Please Please Please help because im very confused.