HRDC Approval

Old Jul 6th 2005, 2:23 pm

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of
Default Re: HRDC Approval

Originally Posted by iaink
PR is the same. Lots of people are rejected you know.

If there is anyone else in canada they could give it too , then your HRDC approval is screwed anyway (and rightly so, plenty of canadian residents are looking for a job here, unemployment is about 7%!) so dont worry about it. If they could have found a canadian resident then they would have, and they wouldnt currenty be jumping through hoops and pulling their hair out to get you here, so Chill!

Not at all sure why you jumped the gun in selling everything though, you could have brought it with you, or waited till everything was sorted and then sorted it out. After all, if an employer will wait a couple of months for the workpermit, then another couple of weeks shouldnt make a ton of difference, especially if it means they get a calm, settled new employee, rather than a basket case! Surprised you werent given more of a headsupof what to expect by the agency as it sounds like they handle this kind of thing fairly often.

I came on a work permit...but it was a while ago ('98). I was offerd a Job in September and finally got here in Feb, so it could be a while yet potentially. Its hard being in limbo, waiting to quit a job or whatever, but dont assume anything will happen for sure, and just take your time when it does.

I know you are anxious to get out here, but its a big country, and it will still be here when the paperwork is finalised. I would much rather be coming on a work permit, than applying for PR and waiting and waiting and waiting in Limbo.

Count your blessings that you have a job offer, it seems to me that most of those newcommers unhappy and struggling to get to terms with living in Canada either have no job, or one well below there capabilities.

Cheer up mate, could be worse

Unfortunately my situation dictated that I took this drastic action as I was in a rented house and the tenancy expired before getting the approval. I would have had to sign up for 6 months more, so didn't have much choice.

Sales of my goods is largely down to practicality. None of the electrical goods would work properly or at all. Bulky furniture is just not economical to move as it's not antique or sentimental. Also I don't know what accommodation I'll get but currently looking at large appartments where before I had a 4 bed house.

My offer of employment was sent to me June 6th or so when they applied for HRDC approval. However they stated that if I didn't get approval by 28th June, the offer would expire. That's what was freaking me out a bit as I couldn't see how with the current timescales that would work out. They have agreed to extend until a decision is made, but it rests on them putting their case.

I notice the work permit form is quite basic. Is there any supporting documents I must provide or is it just: name of who's going, job title, declaration and signature?

Cheers,

Paul
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:09 am
Just Joined

ontres has a spectacular aura aboutontres has a spectacular aura aboutontres has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by g_is_for_canada
I mean they are a Canadian company but with several international offices. I'm applying to work at a Canadian office who is dealing with HRSDC. What I was saying is that they take on several foreign workers every year and don't have problems. Therefore they must be more than familiar with how to present the necessary evidence to validate the recruitment.

Let me be the first to say that it's very poor the way a prospective employee has to be messed around for a post that only they can do (as in my case). I'm beginning to wonder whether the wait is going to be worth it as I'm being head-hunted daily in Britain and I'm having to just sit around waiting for something that may not materialise, for reasons totally beyond my control.

Really not impressed by all this or the lack of guidance of waiting times. A few days to a few months? How many professional people can piss around like this, especially those with families. Having earned a new job I'm now a step behind waiting to see if they can recruit me. Crap!
Having lived here now for over 50 years, and wouldn't live anywhere else, my recommendation is: don't get yourself convinced that government regulations are out there to snare the unwary, just because. This is not a police state [yet, anyway] and by and large the rules and regs are pretty fair, leaving you with lots of leeway to spread your wings once you get here. After 9/11, tremendous pressure was exerted by the US on Canadian authorities to tighten up on all forms of entry to Canada. Can you blame them?

I think that once you arrive you'll cheer up.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 6:14 am
Account Closed

pat12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by g_is_for_canada
Has anyone had recent experience of getting HRDC approval for a job, and then work permit issue? I was offered a job beginning of June and they immediately applied for HRDC approval to go ahead. Now it's beginning of July and I've completely uprooted my family's life to be prepared to go out, and I'm still waiting. I assumed HRDC approval was just a formality but now the employer is using words like "if" when refering to the approval, which is not very comforting.

What's the rought current timescale for Canadian High Commission issue of papers for a work permit, subsequent to HRDC approval?

Thanks in advance,

Paul
Hello,

I was offered a job back in December last year.The HRDC approval took a while as they were backlogged owing to Xmas/New Year, I eventually received it in March and got the work permit 2 months later. Since I am a dr., though, I had to co-ordinate my registration with CPSBC with the work permit application so could have, in fact, obtained the work permit a month earlier as I delayed things a bit. I do not believe that once offered a job in writing by an employer that the offer can be retracted simply because your paperwork is delaying things. Any employer willing to employ foreign workers should be prepared for delays. My employer was certainly flexible about my start date. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:19 am

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ontres
Having lived here now for over 50 years, and wouldn't live anywhere else, my recommendation is: don't get yourself convinced that government regulations are out there to snare the unwary, just because. This is not a police state [yet, anyway] and by and large the rules and regs are pretty fair, leaving you with lots of leeway to spread your wings once you get here. After 9/11, tremendous pressure was exerted by the US on Canadian authorities to tighten up on all forms of entry to Canada. Can you blame them?

I think that once you arrive you'll cheer up.
I cheered up already - thanks