Wikiposts

How to write a Letter of Intent?

Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future
Default How to write a Letter of Intent?

Hi there
We're off on our reccie to NS on Monday and I need to take a Letter of intent to express what we or OH intends to do. Not yet sure if we are taking Community Identified route in or TWP for Self employed person.

Anyway, I don't know how to start one, who to address it to (To whom it may concern?) and what type of info to put in it. I've done several searches but not come up with any answers.

Any help/ideas anyone? Help!
Many thanks
Lynda
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

elaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really nice
Default Re: How to write a Letter of Intent?

Hi Lynda
I can't answer your question I'm afraid, but I'd be very interested in any answers you get, as we're looking at the community identified stream too.
Elaine
Old Apr 30th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynpy
Hi there
We're off on our reccie to NS on Monday and I need to take a Letter of intent to express what we or OH intends to do. Not yet sure if we are taking Community Identified route in or TWP for Self employed person.

Anyway, I don't know how to start one, who to address it to (To whom it may concern?) and what type of info to put in it. I've done several searches but not come up with any answers.

Any help/ideas anyone? Help!
Many thanks
Lynda
For my student visa we got a solicitor to draw one up and then signed it in his presence. It cost less than £20 to do.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by elaine42
Hi Lynda
I can't answer your question I'm afraid, but I'd be very interested in any answers you get, as we're looking at the community identified stream too.
Elaine
I'll let you know if I find out! Where in NS are you thinking of going?
We're going on our reccie on Monday to check out Kentville, Wolfville and Truro!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daft batty
For my student visa we got a solicitor to draw one up and then signed it in his presence. It cost less than £20 to do.
Thanks daft batty, but I'm not sure it would be the same thing as I've been told to write a family biog and about where we want to be in 3-5 years time. I can't see that needing a solicitors presence so maybe it's something slightly different. But as I've never seen one I don't know.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks daft batty, but I'm not sure it would be the same thing as I've been told to write a family biog and about where we want to be in 3-5 years time. I can't see that needing a solicitors presence so maybe it's something slightly different. But as I've never seen one I don't know.
Our letter was to say that we had applied to study in Canada and that we also had applied for PR. We said that it was our stated preference to live in Canada permanently but that we understood that if PR was refused we would leave Canada and return to England. We also said we owned property in England that we would live in.

It just states your plans honestly and simply. For added oomph we had ours notarised and we swore it was true!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

elaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really niceelaine42 is just really nice

I'll let you know if I find out! Where in NS are you thinking of going?
We're going on our reccie on Monday to check out Kentville, Wolfville and Truro!
Hi Lynda
Snap! Those are the places we're considering! You'll have to keep me up to date on your reccie. We're probably going in July or September.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Will do Elaine!

I'm going to try and do a bit of a write up when I get back and post it on the forum. But if I don't and I forget then please feel free to PM me!

Lynda
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Good luck with the trip Lynda. Hope it all goes well for you.
Old May 3rd 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Elaine!
Well now I've got my 'drugs' from the doctor for the flight I'm feeling quite chilled about it