How to write,,,,

Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

astopal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to write,,,,

Originally Posted by james.mc
Good point. I assumed they were in Canada.
thnx all plz clear me, my relatives is currently in canada, ok so they'll send me 2 diffrent utility bills of the last month they paid i.e January 2011, this will be enough as proof that they are currently in Canada and i'll submitt the bills orignals with my application . and Their Bio-data page of the Passport Notrorized copy, and Canadian citizenship certificate? these documents r enough
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astopal
thnx all plz clear me, my relatives is currently in canada,
You said earlier they were in your 'home country' though? They need to actually be residing in Canada (and CIC can check where they are btw).
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You said earlier they were in your 'home country' though? They need to actually be residing in Canada (and CIC can check where they are btw).
they just came over here for one month for vacations,,,, but plz guide me abt the last post i submitt cause now i am telling them to send me the documents, utility billis of last month and orignal will be ok and only the bio data page of their passport notorized copy???/
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:17 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Phew! This is hard! We need a translator ...,,,,???
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:30 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Phew! This is hard! We need a translator ...,,,,???
You're getting there.

Astopal - from what I understand (take that term loosely) the documents they are sending you should be fine.

I would get them to send 3 month copies of 2 types pf utility bills and certified copies of their citizenship cards, it wouldn't hurt sending a tax statement copy as well.

It might be overkill but at least sending too much proof that your relatives are actually living in Canada is better than not sending enough.

Alternatively you could always read the guide for in your immigration pack and see what it says on there to send (thats just an off the cuff thought though)
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:44 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

they just came over here for one month for vacations,,,,
Well, can I humbly suggest that you could have helped yourself, and us, by saying that earlier. This slow extraction of information, bit by bit, is making it hard for people to help you.

To make sure you have the correct supporting documents/proof, use the document check list included in the application package (Appendix A) as this will list the documents you must include and will answer your questions.

Read the Application for permanent residence: Federal skilled worker class (IMM 7000)

Yes, original Utility, bills will be fine (not copies) Original supporting documents are the way forward but, as previously mentioned, check the application pack instructions (links above).
Yes, certified copies of Canadian passport(s) are what's needed. The certifying agent (notary) in Canada will know what pages need copying and certifying.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:49 am
All Sooked up!

mandymoochops

Apologies. My post took me a while to complete so I have, in essence, repeated some of the useful information you added.

mandymoochops wrote:
I would get them to send 3 month copies of 2 types pf utility bills and certified copies of their citizenship cards, it wouldn't hurt sending a tax statement copy as well.
100% agree

regards
James

Last edited by james.mc; Feb 15th 2011 at 10:51 am.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

mandymoochops

Apologies. My post took me a while to complete so I have, in essence, repeated some of the useful information you added.

mandymoochops wrote:
100% agree

regards
James
Thank u all for helping me,,, and in PoF, i show my last 6 months bank statment or 1 year??
Old Feb 16th 2011, 1:25 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

what does the checklist tell you to do?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 1:42 am
All Sooked up!

Thank u all for helping me,,, and in PoF, i show my last 6 months bank statement or 1 year??
The instructions (for London) say:
SETTLEMENT FUNDS
Refer to the "Proof of Funds" section of our Web site for exact figures and instructions.
Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
•current bank certification letter; or
•evidence of savings balance; or
•fixed or time deposit statements.

Certain visa officers look for long term possessions of funds for up to one year.
Other officers will issue visas upon the production of evidence of current deposit(s) or bank draft (s) in the name of applicant, spouse or over-age dependent child.

I did read that an applicant was refused PR in the basis of the Visa officer reviewing the application was not being impressed that the funds in the account were paid in as a lump sum. It looked as if they had been borrowed and therefore might not have been viewed as unencumbered funds. E.G. If you borrow the money it's not yours and you'll have to pay it back at some point.

Evidence:
If you have them I'd send one year of statements from a savings account to prove that the funds have been there, or built up over some time and have not been recently 'borrowed' and thus adding a single large amount to the account which, by coincidence, meets the minimum funds requirement. If you have original bank statements, send the originals and keep photo copies for your own records.

When arriving ('Landing')
You should also take proof of funds, (or the actual funds, Bankers Draft) with you. When you 'land' you may be requested to prove funds to the immigration officer on arrival.

You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada. In this case you would need proof of arranged employment.

It's a very good idea to keep a full copy of your whole application, all forms and documents of proof you send, so that should anything go astray you will have the information in your personal files to refer to.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

The instructions (for London) say:
SETTLEMENT FUNDS
Refer to the "Proof of Funds" section of our Web site for exact figures and instructions.
Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
•current bank certification letter; or
•evidence of savings balance; or
•fixed or time deposit statements.

Certain visa officers look for long term possessions of funds for up to one year.
Other officers will issue visas upon the production of evidence of current deposit(s) or bank draft (s) in the name of applicant, spouse or over-age dependent child.

I did read that an applicant was refused PR in the basis of the Visa officer reviewing the application was not being impressed that the funds in the account were paid in as a lump sum. It looked as if they had been borrowed and therefore might not have been viewed as unencumbered funds. E.G. If you borrow the money it's not yours and you'll have to pay it back at some point.

Evidence:
If you have them I'd send one year of statements from a savings account to prove that the funds have been there, or built up over some time and have not been recently 'borrowed' and thus adding a single large amount to the account which, by coincidence, meets the minimum funds requirement. If you have original bank statements, send the originals and keep photo copies for your own records.

When arriving ('Landing')
You should also take proof of funds, (or the actual funds, Bankers Draft) with you. When you 'land' you may be requested to prove funds to the immigration officer on arrival.

You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada. In this case you would need proof of arranged employment.

It's a very good idea to keep a full copy of your whole application, all forms and documents of proof you send, so that should anything go astray you will have the information in your personal files to refer to.
my account is up N down, transactions, upto 6000 C$, but recently i added 12000 C$, some 8000 C$, will be added in next day,, my total, balance will be23000 C$, in this 14000 C$ will be saved anytime n next one year, n i'll write only, 12000 C$ in my form as PoF,,, is it oky,,,,
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

my account is up N down, transactions, upto 6000 C$, but recently i added 12000 C$, some 8000 C$, will be added in next day,, my total, balance will be23000 C$, in this 14000 C$ will be saved anytime n next one year, n i'll write only, 12000 C$ in my form as PoF,,, is it oky,,,,
Can I ask that you please write in full words only? I may be the only one, but I cannot understand what you are asking most of the time!

I just don't know what 'n' etc means, so please don't write in 'text speak'.

Thanks.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:57 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Can I ask that you please write in full words only? I may be the only one, but I cannot understand what you are asking most of the time!

I just don't know what 'n' etc means, so please don't write in 'text speak'.

Thanks.
not just you but I have years of experience in deciphering bizarrely worded stuff
Old Feb 16th 2011, 5:11 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

<sigh>

i'm losing the will to live,,,,,

it seems fine - as long as its your money and you can prove it, and it doesn't look as though Uncle Fester has just loaned you a few grand for the purpose of showing to an immigration officer.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:42 am
All Sooked up!

As long at it is greater than the minimum figure required, write in your application form whatever balance is shown in the bank statements you send to support your application.
The immigration officer will look at what's on the application form and then look for proof in the statements. The figures should ideally match. It will look fishy of they don't match.

That aside, have you taken the International English Language Test ( IELTS ) yet? I believe the results will also need to be submitted with your application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.