Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How to verify whether the person is PR of Canada?

How to verify whether the person is PR of Canada?

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Re: How to verify whether the person is PR of Canada?

Hi all

Is it not the case that TWP holders get SIN cards therefore you would need only to be legally resident not permanently resident to get one. I know its possibly pedantic but does seem relevant to the debate.

Cheers
Tom
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:31 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hi all

Is it not the case that TWP holders get SIN cards therefore you would need only to be legally resident not permanently resident to get one. I know its possibly pedantic but does seem relevant to the debate.

Cheers
Tom
Everyone who works in Canada needs a SIN, PR or TWP.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
Everyone who works in Canada needs a SIN, PR or TWP.
That was my understanding therefore SIN doesn't prove PR. Only PR card proves PR.

Of course non of this sheds any light on why the OP would want to know?

Cheers
Tom
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:49 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

That was my understanding therefore SIN doesn't prove PR. Only PR card proves PR.

Cheers
Tom
Temporary SINs start with a 9. So it's pretty easy to tell.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:12 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

I've always been asked for both SIN plus PR card/or TWP.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Not even a PR Card proves PR, although a valid one comes pretty much as close as possible to doing so.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

I curious as well