Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How stupid am I? (yes, very stupid....)

Wikiposts

How stupid am I? (yes, very stupid....)

Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How stupid am I? (yes, very stupid....)

oooooh, passport requests! Let's get really excited! Let's get the last bit of info together and in an envelope! Let's completely forget the triple-checking system which got us this far.....

Sent off passports, photos, updated info pack yesterday. Did I write our names and application numbers on the back of the photos as requests? No, I didn't. What an idiot.

Even worse, now my brain is panicking, and I'm not even sure I put the application number on our updated information sheet. I hope I'm wrong about this, but if I'm not, I've sent our passports down with *no* application number anywhere!!

I am normally soooooo meticulous, I'm currently panicking and so angry at myself. We've been so careful with all the forms up till now! I've emailed CIC very apologetically, hopefully it's going to be OK...
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:49 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How stupid am I? (yes, very stupid....)

Originally Posted by izzi81
oooooh, passport requests! Let's get really excited! Let's get the last bit of info together and in an envelope! Let's completely forget the triple-checking system which got us this far.....

Sent off passports, photos, updated info pack yesterday. Did I write our names and application numbers on the back of the photos as requests? No, I didn't. What an idiot.

Even worse, now my brain is panicking, and I'm not even sure I put the application number on our updated information sheet. I hope I'm wrong about this, but if I'm not, I've sent our passports down with *no* application number anywhere!!

I am normally soooooo meticulous, I'm currently panicking and so angry at myself. We've been so careful with all the forms up till now! I've emailed CIC very apologetically, hopefully it's going to be OK...
Oh Dear.....

Hope it works out OK in the end.
I guess even CIC could match passports to an application.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Contrary to popular belief people at CHC London are not stupid As long as they have enough information to correctly match up what you have sent them with your file, I think it will be fine.

The only problem I can foresee is if there is any possibility to not be able to identify any of the family members' photos. Do you have any children of similar age and sex? In any case it shouldn't be a problem since they will have their passports so they can match up the photos.

I am sure CIC are capable of writing a person's name and file number on the back of a photo!

I think the application number is pre-printed on the PDF for the updated information chart, so unless you crossed it out I don't think it's possible to omit the file number!

Did you receive PPR by email or post? I am looking at our PDF we were emailed and the file number was definitely pre-populated on the updated information chart.

Hope it all works out ok. Probably worst case scenario CHC London will write to asking for updated info.

Wayne.

Last edited by Waggle; Aug 1st 2011 at 8:35 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

apan has a brilliant futureapan has a brilliant futureapan has a brilliant futureapan has a brilliant futureapan has a brilliant futureapan has a brilliant futureapan has a brilliant future

My Passports also reached London yesterday. I suggest you to send new package with Updated Information Chart with File Number and Photos with Name & file no. written. And Also a covering Letter about your previous package. Send it as early as possible. Should be Addressed to PHEP processing.

Good Luck
apan.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

quebec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by apan
My Passports also reached London yesterday. I suggest you to send new package with Updated Information Chart with File Number and Photos with Name & file no. written. And Also a covering Letter about your previous package. Send it as early as possible. Should be Addressed to PHEP processing.

Good Luck
apan.
I tend to agree with apan. I had a similar problem when I sent off my RPRF and updated new schedule forms to CHC London. Upon realizing, however, next day I sent another package along with a covering letter stressing that they should replace the previous docs with the eclosed updated ones. And everthing went well!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the people who work there could write on the photos, and match up passports with applications, it's just they're so particular about things! I think unless I've heard otherwise by email tonight I'll send off more photos...

It wasn't pre populated with the file no. either, I remember thinking I'd have to find it

Feel really stupid...!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

I'm sure the people who work there could write on the photos, and match up passports with applications, it's just they're so particular about things! I think unless I've heard otherwise by email tonight I'll send off more photos...

It wasn't pre populated with the file no. either, I remember thinking I'd have to find it

Feel really stupid...!

Hmm that's strange, our file number was pre-populated. Did you receive PPR by snail mail or email? Ours was a PDF document via email, which maybe where the difference is.

Wayne.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

ours came by pdf as well... very strange!

However!

It would seem that once you're approved the speed of communication is faster, because I emailed CIC this morning, and already have a reply! They don't think it will be a problem, because they can find us using our passport info if the file number isn't attached, and the names on photos is only to differentiate family members which won't be required.

Phew!!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

However!

It would seem that once you're approved the speed of communication is faster, because I emailed CIC this morning, and already have a reply! They don't think it will be a problem, because they can find us using our passport info if the file number isn't attached, and the names on photos is only to differentiate family members which won't be required.

Phew!!
Cool that's a relief I mean they have passport copies even before they get the passports, so tbh I think it just makes things slightly faster for them if they have names and eye colours on the backs of the photos.

File numbers on the backs are probably just in case a photo drops on the floor and they have to work out which application it came from!

We sent 6 photos in total to CIC (4 with our initial application and 2 extra when we handed the passports in).

So far they used 2 with our medicals and 1 on the COPR form, so no idea where the other 3 went to! Assuming at least 1 goes to Canada so they can produce your PR card after you land.

Wayne.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Mhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the rough

However!

Phew!!
That's a relief Izzi, glad to hear it