Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How soon do you know if u pass/fail Medicals

How soon do you know if u pass/fail Medicals

Old Aug 10th 2005, 6:18 am
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How soon do you know if u pass/fail Medicals

Does anyone know how soon after recieving the medicals in London they let you know if you fail them? I assume if you pass, they will wait until security background is finished and ask for passport. How about if you fail? how long will it take to tell you bad luck? Just curious as it has been 3 months after my medicals and my colleagues have already got pp request eventhough we did the medicals at the same time. thanks
Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:11 am
sad
Forum Regular

sad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How soon do you know if u pass/fail Medicals

Originally Posted by ExBritExAfrican
Does anyone know how soon after recieving the medicals in London they let you know if you fail them? I assume if you pass, they will wait until security background is finished and ask for passport. How about if you fail? how long will it take to tell you bad luck? Just curious as it has been 3 months after my medicals and my colleagues have already got pp request eventhough we did the medicals at the same time. thanks
No idea ,generally it take not more than 3 months.
I am also in the same boat as you.Done medicals on 2nd apr'05 still waiting for PP request. almost 4 months now.
lets see when i rec. it.

rgds,
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future

I think my pink slip said that I should wait 4-8 months after sending additional information :scared: In reality it only took three weeks to get PPR though.

Suze

Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:26 am
Just Joined

MooseHead is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think you find out till the whole process is finished, and any delays in PPR will certainly be from security checks and not from medicals.

If you've got any concerns over the medicals call the doctor that did them. Though they cannot tell you if you 'passed' they will tell you if you have any 'medical problems' if you're OK then medicals shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I heard it can be up to 5 months wait, but a lot of people on here seem to be hearing sooner than this.