Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How soon after medicals will we get an excessive demand letter?

How soon after medicals will we get an excessive demand letter?

Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Default Re: How soon after medicals will we get an excessive demand letter?

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Tracys
I've just tried it...jumping through hoops in crutches very difficult...will keep practicing though.

lns
Lol, forgot about your hip, Hope you'll soon be off the crutches so you can deal with the hoops!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:05 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Sending hugs and buckets of luck your way to get those visas in hand soon
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

westewoo is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys. i had my medical done in saskatoon. sk. and my wife and kid had theres done in the uk. we had our med done in the second week of august, and ottawa had recieved them by the 9th of october. 2010.
i got an email this morning from buffalo saying that my case had now been passed to los angeles. i believe this is were i will send our passports and the fee for our p.r. cards and its the last step, but im unsure how long i will take for them to request the passports and money? anyone any idear?
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Great news,
Managed to source a Ed Psych who will come to the house on Saturday afternoon (weather permitting)to do full 2hr assessment on the wee man. Delighted as he will have report completed a few days later allowing us a week(and a bit) turnaround on this.

Lindsey
Old Dec 7th 2010, 11:19 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

That's fabulous news!
Old Dec 8th 2010, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

lins, we got an independent Ed Psych report done in advance, and submitted it at the medical to the DMP - our ed psych was very good, we explained to her exactly what we needed the report for, so as well as the usual test results etc, we asked her to give a longer term view/ independent living etc. I'm pretty sure the Ed Psych report was the reason we didn't get an excessive demand letter. pm me if you want a copy of ours to see what she wrote... (not Aspergers, but needed it to rule out learning disability etc - youngest has cp)

Old Dec 8th 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiem
lins, we got an independent Ed Psych report done in advance, and submitted it at the medical to the DMP - our ed psych was very good, we explained to her exactly what we needed the report for, so as well as the usual test results etc, we asked her to give a longer term view/ independent living etc. I'm pretty sure the Ed Psych report was the reason we didn't get an excessive demand letter. pm me if you want a copy of ours to see what she wrote... (not Aspergers, but needed it to rule out learning disability etc - youngest has cp)

debbiem,
We also got the ed psych report but I guess it wasnt independent and didnt include IQ testing.
I'll PM you.

Engineer80,
Thanx, very relieved its getting done quickly. Wee man cant wait to find out what his IQ is.....
Old Dec 8th 2010, 1:54 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Engineer80,
Thanx, very relieved its getting done quickly. Wee man cant wait to find out what his IQ is.....
Glad you got it sorted so quickly (and on a Saturday too). Hope it goes well and you're soon onto the next stage - and those hoops that we have to keep jumping through are lined with chocolate.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute

Great news,
Managed to source a Ed Psych who will come to the house on Saturday afternoon (weather permitting)to do full 2hr assessment on the wee man. Delighted as he will have report completed a few days later allowing us a week(and a bit) turnaround on this.

Lindsey
Hope the assessment went well. When are you expecting the report through? Good luck
Old Dec 14th 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by joepublic
Hope the assessment went well. When are you expecting the report through? Good luck
Expecting it sometime this week, Joe. Seems our wee guy is a bit on the bright side...surprised us all!
lns
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Rooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VW092906
sorry if this is a stupid question... but does this apply to spouses who are being sponsored as well? My husband has Crohn's and the Dr who did his medical seemed to think it shouldnt be an issue for us.

I just wanted to ask a quick question to you as my husband also has Crohns, he had his original medical done by the high commission back in London, our PR papers are currently in at the moment and we're waiting to hear back about having medicals done. Did your husband have to have another medical done here in Canada?
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rooander
I just wanted to ask a quick question to you as my husband also has Crohns, he had his original medical done by the high commission back in London, our PR papers are currently in at the moment and we're waiting to hear back about having medicals done. Did your husband have to have another medical done here in Canada?
Hi Rooander, Im not sure if my application process might make a difference. I think that it does. Im a Canadian sponsoring my UK spouse. (We both happen to have Crohn's but as far as I know no one but you guys knows about me having it!) my husband just did the one medical here in the UK and his medical had to be done before we sent in the application. so far he has not been asked to do any further medicals or for any further information at all. I have been approved as the sponsor, and his application has been sent to London. On Ecas it says "Medical Results Received". so not sure if that might mean that the medical part is done for us with no issues (hopefully).

Im not sure if Ive just confused the issue for you more on this or not!
good luck with yours. hopefully someone who knows more about this and your type of application will add to this topic.

Valentina
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

zippy666 is just really nicezippy666 is just really nicezippy666 is just really nicezippy666 is just really nicezippy666 is just really nicezippy666 is just really nicezippy666 is just really nicezippy666 is just really nicezippy666 is just really nicezippy666 is just really nice

Hiya Linsy, been there done that,

Our son has aspergers and ADHD, we got the excessive demand letter to, back in May 2010, finally heard he had been accepted in August 2010, and got our visa in Jan 2011.

If you need any help or advice pm me and I will help in anyway I can - we had to put forward a plan to support him for the first five years.

Good luck with everything and take some reassurance that it does happen and you do get through it!!
Old Feb 25th 2011, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Rooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond reputeRooander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VW092906
Hi Rooander, Im not sure if my application process might make a difference. I think that it does. Im a Canadian sponsoring my UK spouse. (We both happen to have Crohn's but as far as I know no one but you guys knows about me having it!) my husband just did the one medical here in the UK and his medical had to be done before we sent in the application. so far he has not been asked to do any further medicals or for any further information at all. I have been approved as the sponsor, and his application has been sent to London. On Ecas it says "Medical Results Received". so not sure if that might mean that the medical part is done for us with no issues (hopefully).

Im not sure if Ive just confused the issue for you more on this or not!
good luck with yours. hopefully someone who knows more about this and your type of application will add to this topic.

Valentina
Thanks so much, heres hoping it all goes well for all of us xxx
Old Feb 25th 2011, 4:42 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Rooander
Thanks so much, heres hoping it all goes well for all of us xxx
You should note that VW092906 is a spousal sponsorship so "excessive demand" doesn't apply their case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.