How risky are TWP's?

Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

vancouverism has a spectacular aura aboutvancouverism has a spectacular aura aboutvancouverism has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How risky are TWP's?

What I meant was that the non renewal of a TWP is not the same as redundancy and therefore TWP holders who are near their expiry date should be aware of that. Hence the advice to apply for PR asap if you wish to stay in Canada.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

my trades on that list im a journey man carpenter and have just emailed stuart olson any one in alberta and calgary heard of this company.plus i worked in calgary a couple of years ago but had to return home as wife had a very very serious car accident.was only there a month.but now wanting to return.whar are my chances please help
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redarmy990
my trades on that list im a journey man carpenter and have just emailed stuart olson any one in alberta and calgary heard of this company.plus i worked in calgary a couple of years ago but had to return home as wife had a very very serious car accident.was only there a month.but now wanting to return.whar are my chances please help
Hi redarmy990

If your on the list and have at least 67 points and minimum required settlement funds ( approx $10k for a single applicant ) & no criminal
you can apply for fsw cat 1, this type of application is currently taking
6-12 months but once approved you can work more or less anywhere in Canada and could if you wanted do a job away from construction.
regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; Jan 11th 2010 at 6:57 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

cheers is fsw federal skilled worker.as im trying to bring a workmate over think i will have to do temp work permit route we just need that job offer and lmo
Old Jan 11th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redarmy990
cheers is fsw federal skilled worker.as im trying to bring a workmate over think i will have to do temp work permit route we just need that job offer and lmo
yes its the federal skilled worker visa, not too sure how much luck you will have finding two jobs for you and a friend on TWP as valid LMOs are a little like hens teeth. If i were you i certainly consider submitting a fsw cat1 application if you fit the bill, as it can be going through and in the mean time you could still try to locate a job via the TWP route as well.
All the best which ever route you decide to take.

regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 11th 2010, 8:54 pm
where is my wonkey.....

gemmasbr has a spectacular aura aboutgemmasbr has a spectacular aura aboutgemmasbr has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Whats your partners occupation ? Is it construction related ?
Do either of you have 1 years experience ( must have been in the last 10 yrs) on any of the occupations on the list of '38' ?
If your occupation tile isn't on the list cross check the closely related job titles in particular the listed 'duties' of these job tiltles because if you can prove you have the minimum required experience in those 'duties' its possible you will be able to apply under the fsw cat1 route.

Joinerboy
He is an Ironworker and has been doing it for the last 15 years
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

mesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant futuremesh2005 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gemmasbr
Hi, ive posted a few times regarding TWP's and I suppose im a little worried about what risks are involved with moving there on a TWP. My OH occupation isnt on the 38 list. I know from reading previous threads that it is very very unlikely for an employer to wait for someones PR application to go through and still have a job offer standing at the end so TWP is the option. I did read for the PR applications you have to fall into 3 catergorys (skill on 38 list/job offer/years work experience in canada) or have I got it wrong and its one years work experience in the uk instead of canada? Anyones experiences on TWP route getting laid off, reapplying for LMO's, success stories, etc I would really appreciate your responses
Well, I moved to Canada on a TWP and immediately, I started working on my PR through BC PNP. I was lucky that the whole process took only one year or less (including the nomination). I don't wanna scare you, but to be honest, I didn't feel safe during this year as many people were either fired or laid off.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:43 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vancouverism
What I meant was that the non renewal of a TWP is not the same as redundancy and therefore TWP holders who are near their expiry date should be aware of that. Hence the advice to apply for PR asap if you wish to stay in Canada.
OK I understand now. Yes once their fixed term is up there is no obligation on the employer to contiune their employment.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:44 pm
where is my wonkey.....

gemmasbr has a spectacular aura aboutgemmasbr has a spectacular aura aboutgemmasbr has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Whats your partners occupation ? Is it construction related ?
Do either of you have 1 years experience ( must have been in the last 10 yrs) on any of the occupations on the list of '38' ?
If your occupation tile isn't on the list cross check the closely related job titles in particular the listed 'duties' of these job tiltles because if you can prove you have the minimum required experience in those 'duties' its possible you will be able to apply under the fsw cat1 route.

Joinerboy
Hi Joinerboy, thanks I will look into the related duties
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

MAC32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am on a TWP (Start of March 2010) at first my employer wanted me full time but could not wait for the PR time of 6mths+ looking at other forums I see a lot of LMO's have been turned down for IT Support etc.

I am still unsure weather to leave EU for Canada on A TWP as even though you have "Equal Rights" your still the person that be first out, not to worry anyone but you can see on some posts people were nervous for the year its great some worked out were others simply failed.

Good luck to you all.

Mac