Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How to rectify mistake in submitted application?

Wikiposts

How to rectify mistake in submitted application?

Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:22 am
Just Joined

kimat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to rectify mistake in submitted application?

My son has applied for sponsoring his parents, that is us, in Nov 2008. We recently found out that he had inadvertently made a mistake while filling up the IMM 5401 form. Instead of putting in the COPR number where asked, he filled up the Client ID number. How serious is this mistake in the sense of delaying the processing of the application and how can it be rectified? Experts, your help appreciated.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 11:19 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to rectify mistake in submitted application?

Originally Posted by kimat
My son has applied for sponsoring his parents, that is us, in Nov 2008. We recently found out that he had inadvertently made a mistake while filling up the IMM 5401 form. Instead of putting in the COPR number where asked, he filled up the Client ID number. How serious is this mistake in the sense of delaying the processing of the application and how can it be rectified? Experts, your help appreciated.
I made a mistake on my PR application. I just quickly sent a letter following up with all my contact details and explaining what the mistake was. That wasy they know exactly who you are and which case your letter refers too and what the mistake is. There is no need for any delay then because the problem is sorted.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 3:29 am
Just Joined

kimat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to rectify mistake in submitted application?

Originally Posted by James Martindale
I made a mistake on my PR application. I just quickly sent a letter following up with all my contact details and explaining what the mistake was. That wasy they know exactly who you are and which case your letter refers too and what the mistake is. There is no need for any delay then because the problem is sorted.
Thanks for the reply James. The problem is that We do not have an AOR or a file number. I understand that it will be assigned once processing starts in about two years from now. So do we just sit tight till then?