Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

how to pay for skilled worker class application

how to pay for skilled worker class application

Old Oct 24th 2006, 4:00 am
Just Joined

feebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant future
Default how to pay for skilled worker class application

Hi,
We are in the UK and wanting to submit our skilled worker application,but can't see on the CIC website how to submit payment.
It says that they cannot receive payment on the internet, but doesn't give an alternative, please help!!
Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2006, 4:47 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how to pay for skilled worker class application

A bank draft in CAD, drawn on bank in Canada and made payable to "The Receiver General for Canada".

CHC London website provides clear instruction here:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/fees/e_fees.htm

Originally Posted by feebs12345
Hi,
We are in the UK and wanting to submit our skilled worker application,but can't see on the CIC website how to submit payment.
It says that they cannot receive payment on the internet, but doesn't give an alternative, please help!!
Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:15 am
Just Joined

feebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
A bank draft in CAD, drawn on bank in Canada and made payable to "The Receiver General for Canada".

CHC London website provides clear instruction here:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/fees/e_fees.htm
Thanks for your reply,It clears that question up, however
Im a bit confused about the fees on this page as i thought that you had to pay your RPRF nearer the time that your permanent residency was accepted,
or am I being a bit thick?!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply,It clears that question up, however
Im a bit confused about the fees on this page as i thought that you had to pay your RPRF nearer the time that your permanent residency was accepted,
or am I being a bit thick?!
Not being thick - you can pay both application fee and RPRF at time of submission of application or pay the application fee at that point and pay the RPRF at a later date (usually at the time of medical requests)

HTH
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: how to pay for skilled worker class application

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Not being thick - you can pay both application fee and RPRF at time of submission of application or pay the application fee at that point and pay the RPRF at a later date (usually at the time of medical requests)

HTH
Thanks for that, we will be sending our application this weekend, hoping to get a job offer to speed things up
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, we will be sending our application this weekend, hoping to get a job offer to speed things up
Does permanent job offer (AEO) speed the process up? if yes how fast for the application within Canada (Buffalo)?

Thanks.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tolga
Does permanent job offer (AEO) speed the process up? if yes how fast for the application within Canada (Buffalo)?

Thanks.
Hi,
Unfortunately I don't know the times for Buffalo, but in London I have heard it takes around 8-12 months.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 6:45 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Buffalo doesn't have "fast track" like London. But regardless - well prepared applications with more than conclusive evidence not only proving all claims made in application but also fully addressing case and circumstances specific doubts and questions processing officer will have are being processed in Buffalo within 16 to 22 months at present. At the same time officially reported average processing times in Buffalo range from 19 to 39 months. Now do your math and see what are real (not just averages) processing times for poorly prepared applications.

Originally Posted by Tolga

Thanks.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

snoopymccrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a silly aside, but make sure your bank teller knows how to spell "Receiver"...mine didn't and was bemused when I insisted she ordered me a new, correctly spelled draft..."but won't they just take it anyway?"

It was all I could do to remain polite...

She also misspelled "Immigration" on the receipt as "Immagration".
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:11 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

I have gone down this route with job offer. I hope its 8-12months like you mentioned. So far I have reached 8months since I applied but still waiting. I had hoped to be done within 6months