Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How often does Eligible Occupations List change?

How often does Eligible Occupations List change?

Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

oz2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How often does Eligible Occupations List change?

Hi
I am Computer Programmer; my occupations is not in the Eligible Occupations List

i want to know if this list will be changing anytime in the future and how often it does change?

should i just forget about it?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 11:48 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How often does Eligible Occupations List change?

Originally Posted by oz2canada
Hi
I am Computer Programmer; my occupations is not in the Eligible Occupations List

i want to know if this list will be changing anytime in the future and how often it does change?

1) Sorry to hear that

2) Not likely (IMO)

3) IF you score more than 67 points you can still get in with a job offer
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

oz2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
1) Sorry to hear that

2) Not likely (IMO)

3) IF you score more than 67 points you can still get in with a job offer
Thanks

i dont think its easy to find a company that is willing to give job offer to someone that still need more than a year to arrive.

i will give it a try,

what is the best job search site for canada?
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:08 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

i dont think its easy to find a company that is willing to give job offer to someone that still need more than a year to arrive.

i will give it a try,

Best advice I can offer you Oz, is PM dbd (he's a programmer based in Toronto with his own company).
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

i will give it a try,

Have a read of the Job Hunting guide in the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page). And bear in mind you can go over on a Temp Work Permit first, which is usually much quicker, and then upgrade that to PR once there. Again, all details in the Wiki.

Good luck.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Hi

An Immo Officer at last year's Emigrate Show said that the list will change "as and when needed, to reflect the changing job market requirements of Canada".