How Much Longer Will We Wait?

Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default How Much Longer Will We Wait?

As some of you know from my previous posts we've been in the system for almost 2 years via Skilled Worker application.

My hubby took the French test in London in July and we got the results back late August and sent them off to CHC along with further documentation about my post secondary education. Almost 6 weeks has gone by now and I'm wondering how much longer we're going to have to wait to hear 'yes' or 'no'?

I'm starting to get a little concerned that maybe they have sent us a letter and it's got lost in the post. I was thinking of waiting until the end of this month (2 months later) then faxing CHC to see if they have replied?

This year has been a tough one and the continuing 'living in limbo' is starting to get me down. Any advice on keeping sane?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 3:51 pm
Waiting for Passport Back

bm71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Much Longer Will We Wait?

I don´t know if this is valid for all posts or embassies but I was told here (Colombia) that they do not confirm the reception of documents, that I should always use certified mail or couriers where I could verify that whatever I sent was received. Pretty much what they told me was after the AOR you will not be receiving any letter or confirmation.

bm71
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bm71
I don´t know if this is valid for all posts or embassies but I was told here (Colombia) that they do not confirm the reception of documents, that I should always use certified mail or couriers where I could verify that whatever I sent was received. Pretty much what they told me was after the AOR you will not be receiving any letter or confirmation.

bm71

I know CHC received our documents because I sent them Special Delivery and checked their arrival via the PO website the next day.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:29 pm
Waiting for Passport Back

bm71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your post. I got the information I posted above when I inquired about whether they had received the additional docs they had asked me for. Regarding their answer I was told at that same time, I had to wait until they finished checking the documents, anywhere from 6 weeks to a couple of months and that I would not hear anything till then, So I guess its wait and see.

bm71
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:21 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

From what the immigration experts here say. The more you hassle them the more they get annoyed. This whole process is a waitng game. No two cases are alike. Just like people waitng for medicals why do a whole load get them at once then a few stragglers seem to get left behind? Why do some get passport requests within 4 weeks other in 4 months.
It must be awful for you not knowing especially as you have been told no already. They do make errors at CHC and mail does get lost on occaisions. Iwould be tempted to wait the 8 weeks, then send a polite fax asking if all was received OK. You have to admire your perseverence, and I am sure they can tell this. Best of luck

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
As some of you know from my previous posts we've been in the system for almost 2 years via Skilled Worker application.

My hubby took the French test in London in July and we got the results back late August and sent them off to CHC along with further documentation about my post secondary education. Almost 6 weeks has gone by now and I'm wondering how much longer we're going to have to wait to hear 'yes' or 'no'?

I'm starting to get a little concerned that maybe they have sent us a letter and it's got lost in the post. I was thinking of waiting until the end of this month (2 months later) then faxing CHC to see if they have replied?

This year has been a tough one and the continuing 'living in limbo' is starting to get me down. Any advice on keeping sane?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:27 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I don't see that a polite fax can do any harm. It's not as if you haven't been waiting ages or it's a new application. Surely in your situation, you should be allowed to physically talk to someone on the phone
I really hope you guys get some good news as you deserve it, you've been through a nightmare.
Stay possitive.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Gooding and Bleech for your support

Feeling really down at the moment and have been a bit tearful this past week, which I have'nt been before. The post has come today but no brown envelope. In some ways I'm dreading it's arrival and yet I want it to come too. Will keep myself busy and try not to let it get me down anymore.

I will give it 'til the end of the month then fax them as I know they have received our documents, I want to make sure their reply hasn't been lost (if they have replied yet that is).

Bleech - Am feeling a bit like your signature/mini ET film this week
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

dkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura about

Michelle

Sorry to hear you are still in limbo. We missed you all at the get-together at the weekend. Hang on in there - surely you must get extra brownie-points for perseverance.

Look forward to hearing from you soon - with good news!

Deborah
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

*** UPDATE ***

My hubby e-mailed CHC the day before yesterday and we got a reply within 24 hours to say that we need to wait 3 months from the time we sent them our additional info. (1st Sept.). They have yet to review our file, so we don't expect to get an answer until sometime in December now. I feel better knowing that at least we've done something and the waiting will come to an end by the end of 2005 (hopefully).
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:04 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

*** UPDATE ***

My hubby e-mailed CHC the day before yesterday and we got a reply within 24 hours to say that we need to wait 3 months from the time we sent them our additional info. (1st Sept.). They have yet to review our file, so we don't expect to get an answer until sometime in December now. I feel better knowing that at least we've done something and the waiting will come to an end by the end of 2005 (hopefully).
Thats great news, i know it's "yet another 3 months" but at least you know the cogs are turning.
Good luck
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Thats great news, i know it's "yet another 3 months" but at least you know the cogs are turning.
Good luck

Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:37 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

*** UPDATE ***

Fantastic!
Keep that dream alive and stay positive
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:47 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Some news is alwasy better than no news. Lets hope your wishes come true for Xmas!!

*** UPDATE ***

Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Bleech and Gooding
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:58 am
Just Joined

JoolsG will become famous soon enoughJoolsG will become famous soon enough

Oh, Michelle, I truly feel for you. I can imagine how you must be feeling.

On a positive note though, friends of ours were told no earlier this year and they appealed because they realised that the CHC made a mistake (!) in counting up their points and they've just received their passport requests!!! They were actually already in Calgary when they got the no, then had to pack up and move back to the UK, but they are now getting ready to go back, they might actually already be there {note to self to find out }

If they can do it so can you. Atleast now you aren't waiting for the envelope to drop on your mat any day which means that you can at least 'try' and put it out of your mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.