How much does a medical cost?

Old Sep 2nd 2011, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

nickybear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much does a medical cost?

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Where are you based? I had mine in Toronto at a place on College St and it cost $143 all in - covered the chest xray, blood & urine tests, tax (if there is any) all included. It was the cheapest one by far. Others I called in the same city were charging between $180 and $200.
just read your quote and was wondering where it was on college street you got your medical done, as going to need to find somewhere to get mine done when the time comes, thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 7:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickybear
just read your quote and was wondering where it was on college street you got your medical done, as going to need to find somewhere to get mine done when the time comes, thanks
There is a list of DMP's on the CIC website - don't think they'll have two on the same street somehow, so you can just get it from there!

Old Sep 3rd 2011, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Just took a look at the CIC web site.

Only 19 locations in England to get the medicals (unless I'm mistaken). No wonder they're so expensive. Not much competition in the market.

Cheers

Chris
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisparr
Just took a look at the CIC web site.

Only 19 locations in England to get the medicals (unless I'm mistaken). No wonder they're so expensive. Not much competition in the market.

Cheers

Chris
No. This actually demonstrates how cheap the NHS is at point of service.

Best wishes

Ozzi.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

soontobecanadianresident is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure why people don't shop around on this one, there aren't many places that offer this medical and there seems to be huge variation in prices! If you're prepared to travel you can probably find a better price.

I contacted all my nearest ones and some a little further afield that I was prepared to travel to. Here's what I found:

Most expensive - London Harley St. @ £335
Cheapest - Cambridge @ £148

I'll leave you to guess where I booked my medical