how much detail re: employers?

Old May 28th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Steez1982 will become famous soon enoughSteez1982 will become famous soon enough
Default how much detail re: employers?

so you know when you have to send in your supporting docs for PR (long down the line for me, alas) and you have to send in details from your employer? how much detail do you have to go into, eg; every employer you had a part time job with in uni? every summer job you did as a student??

thanks
Old May 28th 2008, 8:18 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how much detail re: employers?

That is what they ask for - no blanks.
Old May 28th 2008, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

I don't think you need to note down minor part-time jobs you did whilst you were officially a full-time student.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:35 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I wonder if somebody could help with a ? I have regarding this and employer references.

I have had 3 full time jobs since leaving school, the first 2 companies have since gone under and the 3rd is my current employer who knows nothing of my plans.

We are looking at applying under NSNP programme C/I stream so will not have a job offer in place, and process is likely to take 12 months approx, so i do not want to hand my notice in until I have to.

As far as completing the forms is it sufficient to explain the details of the jobs I had ( first 2 companies and the reason why I am not able to attach a reference) and explain re situation with current employer, or will I have to bite the bullet and inform current employer of my plans and request a reference from them whilst I continue to work for them for another 9 months approx???, they are a fairly good Company but not sure that this could be viewed as taking mickey????

any thoughts re this greatly appreciated
Old May 29th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

I think a covering letter explaining the difficulty that you have in providing references for your first two jobs would be helpful.

For what they are worth, here are my thoughts . . .

Have you got copies of old bank statements that show direct debit salary payments from your previous employers? Have you got job descriptions, contracts of employment?

I do think you need to approach your currrent employer and explain to them that you are putting in an application and require confirmation of your employment with them.

You could add a rider and say there is no guarantee of being accepted and that you would make a decision as to whether to go or stay in the UK once you had an outcome from the application.

The reality is that sometimes life events alter our plans - the only thing that is certain is - uncertainty!

good luck
Old May 29th 2008, 4:56 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Many Thanks, this is really helpful, will look to approach my current company in the way you have suggested, think they will be ok with this.

Will try and track down some old bank statements!