Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How many months do i have to wait to receive an AOR?

How many months do i have to wait to receive an AOR?

Old Sep 14th 2004, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

suharsha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many months do i have to wait to receive an AOR?

Hi friends,

I applied for canadaian PR(buffalo) thru a lawyer on June 25th.But still now i didn't receive AOR.

How can i make sure that CIC cashed my application fee(US $400).I send a money order along with my application.

I asked my lawyer ,he said like he didn't get any AOR.

Freinds ...please give me an idea about the wait time for AOR.

Thanks,
Old Sep 14th 2004, 1:05 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many months do i have to wait to receive an AOR?

You need to ask the bank where you bought money order to check if it was cashed.

But what about proof of receipt of application package? I hope your lawyer used courier service and package delivery can be confirmed.

Originally Posted by suharsha
Hi friends,

I applied for canadaian PR(buffalo) thru a lawyer on June 25th.But still now i didn't receive AOR.

How can i make sure that CIC cashed my application fee(US $400).I send a money order along with my application.

I asked my lawyer ,he said like he didn't get any AOR.

Freinds ...please give me an idea about the wait time for AOR.

Thanks,
Old Sep 14th 2004, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How many months do i have to wait to receive an AOR?

Yes, you can visit/call the bank who issued your money order. In my case they provided me a toll free 800 number and i was able to call them and inquire my money order's status. My money order was cashed with in 5 days of mailing application package. I sent it via USPS (US Postal Service) using Express (Next day Delivery) mail option and tracked it via web.
I received AoR, exactly 35 days after mailing the application package.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You need to ask the bank where you bought money order to check if it was cashed.

But what about proof of receipt of application package? I hope your lawyer used courier service and package delivery can be confirmed.