British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/how-long-we-expected-wait-chc-so-bad-mannered-408977/)

Gray C Nov 19th 2006 10:52 am

How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 
Hi :)

We received our provisional refusal letter from CHC in July giving us 60 days to provide additional supporting evidence for them to reverse their refusal of our case. Apart from what we had already told/sent them we could not give them anything else that was realistically going to change their decision. They said they would give their final decision on, or soon after 20th September 2006. We have heard nothing despite sending a couple of letters since the deadline asking them to give us their final decision. How long do they want to review what little supporting documentation we sent them??

Why are they so bad mannered and do not respond to letters? We realise that they are very busy processing applications, but under the circumstances I would have expected them to give us a decision fairly rapidly, or a least give us some sort of feedback. We know what their decision will be, but why not tell us so we can get on with our lives?

They are also sitting on £500 of ours for the ROLF, which is better in our pockets than their account gaining interest :mad:

Can anyone tell me whether they will just refund our money. or do we have to complete a form to get it back?

In our humble opinion the whole Canadian immigration system is a complete farce and needs a complete overhaul.

Graham & Pauline

burton bunch Nov 19th 2006 8:46 pm

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

Originally Posted by Gray C
Hi :)

We received our provisional refusal letter from CHC in July giving us 60 days to provide additional supporting evidence for them to reverse their refusal of our case. Apart from what we had already told/sent them we could not give them anything else that was realistically going to change their decision. They said they would give their final decision on, or soon after 20th September 2006. We have heard nothing despite sending a couple of letters since the deadline asking them to give us their final decision. How long do they want to review what little supporting documentation we sent them??

Why are they so bad mannered and do not respond to letters? We realise that they are very busy processing applications, but under the circumstances I would have expected them to give us a decision fairly rapidly, or a least give us some sort of feedback. We know what their decision will be, but why not tell us so we can get on with our lives?

They are also sitting on £500 of ours for the ROLF, which is better in our pockets than their account gaining interest :mad:

Can anyone tell me whether they will just refund our money. or do we have to complete a form to get it back?

In our humble opinion the whole Canadian immigration system is a complete farce and needs a complete overhaul.


Graham & Pauline

Hi Graham & Pauline

I have followed your posts for a while now - and my heart felt feeling go to u guys. Think it has been terrible how you have been treated.

Just felt i had to post to say "All the luck in the world" to all of your family.

Gaynor

Gray C Nov 19th 2006 9:01 pm

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi Graham & Pauline

I have followed your posts for a while now - and my heart felt feeling go to u guys. Think it has been terrible how you have been treated.

Just felt i had to post to say "All the luck in the world" to all of your family.

Gaynor

Gaynor

Thanks very much for your support. We have accepted that we are not going to Canada now, but it is the attitude of CHC that is really annoying us so much.

We have now decided to move on with our lives and are looking at our options for the future.

Good luck to everyone else and we sincerely hope that you do not get dealt the same cards as us in your quest to move to Canada.

Graham & Pauline

TLB Nov 19th 2006 9:26 pm

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

Originally Posted by Gray C
Gaynor

Thanks very much for your support. We have accepted that we are not going to Canada now, but it is the attitude of CHC that is really annoying us so much.

We have now decided to move on with our lives and are looking at our options for the future.

Good luck to everyone else and we sincerely hope that you do not get dealt the same cards as us in your quest to move to Canada.

Graham & Pauline

Graham and Pauline,

I have been waiting patiently to hear how your case has been going and I am so sorry that you have STILL heard nothing. Though I am glad you are still reading this site and have, now, informed us all of your current situation.

You say you are accepting the fact you won't be coming to Canada. What will you do if they grant you PR on the proviso you don't land until your daughter's treatment is complete due to the fact htat they they have researched the information you had provided as evidence?

I'm sure you feel very disappointed and disillusioned about the whole immigration process!! What are your future plans - if you don't mind me asking?

Tracey

JAJ Nov 19th 2006 9:40 pm

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

Originally Posted by TLB
What will you do if they grant you PR on the proviso you don't land until your daughter's treatment is complete due to the fact htat they they have researched the information you had provided as evidence?

There is no provision in the law to do something like that.

Gray C Nov 19th 2006 10:32 pm

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is no provision in the law to do something like that.

JAJ can you explain what you mean?

If they did change their mind and grant us PR, why can we not land (as we had planned anyway) and then return to the UK until her treatment is completed in early 2008 and then move to Canada (we would comply with the 2 years in 5 year rule)?

Also, why can they no defer issuance of a visa until 2007?

There is no logic to their (CHC) thinking.

Gray C Nov 19th 2006 10:49 pm

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

Originally Posted by TLB
Graham and Pauline,

I have been waiting patiently to hear how your case has been going and I am so sorry that you have STILL heard nothing. Though I am glad you are still reading this site and have, now, informed us all of your current situation.

You say you are accepting the fact you won't be coming to Canada. What will you do if they grant you PR on the proviso you don't land until your daughter's treatment is complete due to the fact htat they they have researched the information you had provided as evidence?

I'm sure you feel very disappointed and disillusioned about the whole immigration process!! What are your future plans - if you don't mind me asking?

Tracey

We have accepted we are now not going to Canada and if they did change their mind we are not sure how we would feel? It would start the roller coaster once again.

We do not think that they will change their mind! Based upon our experiences of CHC since our rejection (most of which we have not mentioned) we do not expect a change in their stance.

As for our future plans. We are considering moving to rural Spain sometime in the future, after our daughter has completed her education. We do not feel that it would be fair to put her into the Spanish education system at this time in her education.

On the other hand we may even stay here in the UK and grin and bear it.

Maybe Canada was not to be. Que sera sera.

JAJ Nov 19th 2006 11:48 pm

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

Originally Posted by Gray C
If they did change their mind and grant us PR, why can we not land (as we had planned anyway) and then return to the UK until her treatment is completed in early 2008 and then move to Canada (we would comply with the 2 years in 5 year rule)?

If you were granted PR you would be under no obligation to return to the UK after landing.



Also, why can they no defer issuance of a visa until 2007?
They probably could defer a decision if they really wanted to (bending the rules) but the question is : do they care?

pete66 Nov 20th 2006 12:01 am

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 
Hi Graeme and Pauline

So sorry to hear about your refusal.....have you thought about trying to find employment out here. I know it "is easier said that done" but I managed to find a job and others on this forum have also been lucky to. The wife and I spent a whole saturday just faxing and emailing my resume to loads of company in Ontario.....I got two replies....and one led to a job offer.

We have taken a chance and came out here in August whilst we wait for the LMO confirmation and then the work permits......if we don't get a postive LMO then we will have to go back to the UK....so will have been rejected to. It is worth considering the job searching or a PNP if the province you want to go to has that option.

I wish you guys the best of luck in which ever option you choose.

Pete

Tiaribbon Nov 20th 2006 12:24 am

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 
I have also been following your story and I honestly think you have been treated pretty shabbily. To delay their final decision like this is quite awful in my opinion.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Gray C Nov 20th 2006 6:27 am

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

They probably could defer a decision if they really wanted to (bending the rules) but the question is : do they care?
That would be a fair decision, but as you say, do they care?, probably not!

GOBLIN Nov 20th 2006 6:43 am

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

Originally Posted by Gray C


In our humble opinion the whole Canadian immigration system is a complete farce and needs a complete overhaul.

Graham & Pauline

I agree with you! Many people have realised this but unfortunately at the cost of precious time, money and shattered dreams.
I hope and sincerely wish that your potential refusal decison gets overturned!

All the best!! :)

kt0157 Nov 20th 2006 10:32 am

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

Originally Posted by JAJ
They probably could defer a decision if they really wanted to (bending the rules) but the question is : do they care?

Do you even need to ask the rhetorical question? ;)

GrayC: have you thought about taking out a court action for the £500 from the CHC? It's quite simple to do online now (for small claims) at Moneyclaim Online. Write one more letter to the scumbags, make it recorded delivery, threatening legal action to reclaim the money. Although they might try and hide behind Canadian law, they will still have to turn up to fight the case. I bet it smokes them out and you get your money back.

K.

Gray C Nov 20th 2006 5:37 pm

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 

Originally Posted by kt0157
Do you even need to ask the rhetorical question? ;)

GrayC: have you thought about taking out a court action for the £500 from the CHC? It's quite simple to do online now (for small claims) at Moneyclaim Online. Write one more letter to the scumbags, make it recorded delivery, threatening legal action to reclaim the money. Although they might try and hide behind Canadian law, they will still have to turn up to fight the case. I bet it smokes them out and you get your money back.

K.

We will give them a bit longer and send them yet another letter. I cannot push for the refund until we have been officially rejected.....if that ever happens.

Perhaps we just have to assume that we have been officially rejected?

To be honest, after all this bother with CHC we are not sure we want to move to Canada now, so maybe the final rejection letter will be a relief!

The return of ROLF would have been nice for Christmas.....maybe Christmas 2008 if we are lucky!! :)

Thanks to every one for your support in this matter.

Graham & Pauline

Ignition Nov 21st 2006 8:45 pm

Re: How long are we expected to wait. CHC are so bad mannered!
 
It is somewhat ironic that Canada witters on about wanting to attract the best immigrants in the world, etc, etc, yadda, yadda but from the UK's point of view anyway those who apply now have the pleasure of waiting close to 4 years just to hear anything meanwhile reading a couple of Canadian forums they are far from happy with the standard of immigrant they are receiving at the moment.

Yes you are right the Canadian immigration 'system' is a complete joke at the moment. People with jobs waiting for them waiting years for feedback, the system is at present not working and won't for the foreseeable future.


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:18 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.