Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long until you had a tracking/reference number?

How long until you had a tracking/reference number?

Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long until you had a tracking/reference number?

I'm new to the board, so hello!

I'm Canadian and my husband is British. I have lived in the U.K. for nearly 7 years and am now sponsoring (or hoping to) sponsor my husband to move to Canada.
I am just wondering how long it was before you were given a tracking or reference number from Immigration Canada so you could check the status of your application? Did they send you the tracking number by mail or by email?

We submitted our application about 3 weeks ago. I'm not worried, I'm just wondering.

Any information would be appreciated.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 7:05 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long until you had a tracking/reference number?

CPC Mississauga usually gets it done in about 4 to 6 weeks - almost always.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Old Jun 21st 2010, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Originally Posted by Allie73
Thank you
hey allie, you can also use a service like: https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/ using your receipt number from paying your fees which checks your status on ecas every day and will email you when you are on the system. Ecas doesn't tell you what decisions have been made sadly, it just says 'decision made' and that the 'decision' is in the mail (it's a little torturous to be honest!) but at least you know when things are moving!
Good luck!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 8:21 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lethe
hey allie, you can also use a service like: https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/ using your receipt number from paying your fees which checks your status on ecas every day and will email you when you are on the system. Ecas doesn't tell you what decisions have been made sadly, it just says 'decision made' and that the 'decision' is in the mail (it's a little torturous to be honest!) but at least you know when things are moving!
Good luck!
Is that safe - giving a third party access to your private information?
Old Jun 21st 2010, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
My thoughts exactly. Of course, having said that I did ask someone else to get a CAIPS report for me. But, still I would be hesitant.

Ray
Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Well I have heard of dozens of people who use it and absolutely none who have had problems with it so I would say yes.
The other system which is used by lots of people on here is http://www.trackitt.com/
There are lots of other people who can attest to the usefulness of these tracking systems. Obviously it's up to your own discretion but it's a completely secure site, the person who created it used to be an expat himself and my husband who is a website programmer checked it before we put in our details.

Last edited by Lethe; Jun 21st 2010 at 10:02 am.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:19 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have heard of dozens of people who use it and absolutely none who have had problems with it so I would say yes.
The other system which is used by lots of people on here is http://www.trackitt.com/
There are lots of other people who can attest to the usefulness of these tracking systems. Obviously it's up to your own discretion but it's a completely secure site, the person who created it used to be an expat himself and my husband who is a website programmer checked it before we put in our details.
Trackitt is slightly different though as you do not give all your personal details. I dunno - maybe it is just me! I am not sure why that would be a useful system when you can just check ecas yourself as often as you like?
Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Trackitt is slightly different though as you do not give all your personal details. I dunno - maybe it is just me! I am not sure why that would be a useful system when you can just check ecas yourself as often as you like?
You can check ecas as often as you like, if you're a little obsessive (like me) 2-3 times a day. If you hear nothing for 6 weeks, that's a lot of mini-let downs. If you're on the tracker it does those 2-3 checks a day without you having to do it and then sends you a nice email when something happens. For me it's taken a whole lot of the compulsive typing in the details and checking every day. So it is clearly a useful system for me. Which is why I mentioned it.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:44 am

You can check ecas as often as you like, if you're a little obsessive (like me) 2-3 times a day. If you hear nothing for 6 weeks, that's a lot of mini-let downs. If you're on the tracker it does those 2-3 checks a day without you having to do it and then sends you a nice email when something happens. For me it's taken a whole lot of the compulsive typing in the details and checking every day. So it is clearly a useful system for me. Which is why I mentioned it.
I'm not trying to annoy you - I just thought, for me, I would be wary to give those kind of details to a third party, on-line! If it works for you - that is great!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm not trying to annoy you - I just thought, for me, I would be wary to give those kind of details to a third party, on-line! If it works for you - that is great!
You're not, I just know that for me, living in Canada and having little to do but clean and check the status of my application, the tracker has stopped me from ripping my hair out. I still check every now and again...you know, just in case the automated system missed something! Also, I can't imagine what anyone would be able to do with the limited information I put into the secure system.