Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long for Passport Return from London if done by mail?

How long for Passport Return from London if done by mail?

Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

chicadeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long for Passport Return from London if done by mail?

Hi,

Is there a big difference in time if the passport is sent to London by mail rather than taken in person? I know it´s ten working days if taken in personally. Does anyone know the average time they keep it when they receive it and return it by mail (and going back to an address in the UK?)

Also, do they send the passport back (UK address) in a secure way or by normal mail?

Many thanks
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice
Default Re: How long for Passport Return from London if done by mail?

Originally Posted by chicadeb
Hi,

Is there a big difference in time if the passport is sent to London by mail rather than taken in person? I know it´s ten working days if taken in personally. Does anyone know the average time they keep it when they receive it and return it by mail (and going back to an address in the UK?)

Also, do they send the passport back (UK address) in a secure way or by normal mail?

Many thanks
hi,
you include an envelope when you send your passport. I believe they send it back registered mail.
i sent mine on 9th March and it has not yet been returned. Im in ireland though so that could explain a couple of days. Certaintly if you need the passport within 6 weeks and you can, definetly go drop it off by hand.