How long from medical to PPR?

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough
Default How long from medical to PPR?

Hi folks. I would like to know how long typically between meds and PPR (assuming RPRF fee and police certs already done) as I need my passport for other purposes. As an extension to this question I'd also like to know how long CIC London take to return your passport as I need it imminently to travel to middles east......
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long from medical to PPR?

Originally Posted by 99problems View Post
Hi folks. I would like to know how long typically between meds and PPR (assuming RPRF fee and police certs already done) as I need my passport for other purposes. As an extension to this question I'd also like to know how long CIC London take to return your passport as I need it imminently to travel to middles east......
The cliche question "how long is a piece of string?" springs to mind!
Reading other threads on here there doesn't seem to be any hard and fast rule...
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 12:29 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

See my signature
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to beholdBertie41 is a splendid one to behold

We are in the same boat 99. We had our medicals done on 30th March this year and they got to CIC on 5th April. We are intending to fly out 18-21st June (12 weeks after CIC recieved our medical) but are debating if its too foolhardy to hand in notice at work and sell the car before the PPR comes, and keep fingers crossed its here before mid June.
Its my understanding that from medical to PPR takes between 3-12 weeks but its very hard to work out as everyone's application seems to be different.
So we either take a big risk or play it safe and not go till Sept, which means more work and not starting our life over there till the autumn, not to mention we already have a rental house agreement to start in June (although I dont mind paying for that if we are not there if i have to )
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Thanks for replies. I think I'll go ahead and get a 2nd passport as easier to cope with being without it for a month or so if I need to travel in the meantime. More expense and complexity! Starting to look at job vacacnies in Calgary - looks reasonable compared to the mess here
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 99problems View Post
Thanks for replies. I think I'll go ahead and get a 2nd passport as easier to cope with being without it for a month or so if I need to travel in the meantime.
Don't forget that to get a 2nd passport (assuming it's a UK passport of course) you'll need to show exactly why you need it, plus include a supporting letter from your boss on company headed paper, if you need it for business reasons. Do also make sure that you note on your application form that it's a 2nd passport request, otherwise they'll just cancel your first one!

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Yep I know. I am the boss - I have my own company.