How long for medical?

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 3:22 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long for medical?

Firstly hi all,

I'm new to the forum and seeking some hopefully positive answers! We visited Ontario back in January and husband had an offer of Family Physician in Bracebridge. Fast forward lots of paperwork for registration with the CPSO, a positive LMO and now currently have an application in process for temporary work permit for three years.

As part of the work permit, my husband has to have a medical in this country with a designated medical practitioner. Does anyone have any idea how long a medical (straightforward) usually adds on to the work permit process? All we know is he will be called at some point towards the end of the visa process. It would be nice to get a handle on when we might be going, especially as my husband has to give three months notice to his partnership.

Any knowledge of the this part of the twp would be gratefully received.

Vicki.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 4:15 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long for medical?

Greetings and welcome to BE!

According to the CIC website, present processing times for TWP (London) are 2 months, however, there is a strike situation which may affect this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...mp/workers.asp

You can read more about the process of applying for a TWP here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...TOC.asp#5487E7

Regarding the medical, your husband had 2 options - 1) to go for an 'upfront' medical or 2) to wait for medical instructions.

When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing since they do not have to request them at a later date, however, the medical should have been undertaken and the confirmation sent with the application.

You can read more here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...exams-temp.asp

I suspect that if he is waiting for CIC to issue medical instructions the application may take at least an extra month or more to be processed.

It may be worth his while to ask CIC if he can go for an upfront medical regardless.

Old Aug 3rd 2013, 10:42 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long for medical?

Hi Siouxie,

Thanks for reply. We were aware of what the cic states, but our nearest appointed medical practitioner said that the system had changed recently? and she could not do the medical without a reference number from the high commissioners office and he had to apply first. My husband also spoke to the cic office and they stated the same thing. You must wait for us to contact you first. Very frustrating. So near and yet so far away.

Ironically, it will be nearly two years since we started enquiries, and we went down the job offer, twp visa as we thought it would be quicker. I guess it must be for some people, just not us or him rather as a GP!!!

Thanks

Vicki.