How Long for london Study Permits

Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:25 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 39
CROCODILEBILL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How Long for london Study Permits

Any one on the board applied for study permits recently at the london office. Recently applied and wondered how long they would take.
The ten days quoted on the uk site does that include weekends

Thanks
CROCODILEBILL is offline  
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:57 am
  #2  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Long for london Study Permits

Originally posted by CROCODILEBILL
Any one on the board applied for study permits recently at the london office. Recently applied and wondered how long they would take.
The ten days quoted on the uk site does that include weekends

Thanks
Sorry not recently - last June. Turn around was within a week.
Tiaribbon is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 1:39 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 44
Alex and Bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Long for london Study Permits

Originally posted by CROCODILEBILL
Any one on the board applied for study permits recently at the london office. Recently applied and wondered how long they would take.
The ten days quoted on the uk site does that include weekends

Thanks

Hi Crocodilebill,
How are you ?
Wenwe sent our application to London we waited for two weeks and then rang them. A receptionist said that it could be 2-4 weeks. After 4 weeks we still hadn't heard anything so we faxed them and a few days later got a reply saying hadn't we received a letter from them dated a week back.Whether it had got lost in the post or they hadn't replied already we will never know, but they lost all our original docs as well !!!
As you know, we were turned down but i think it was because we didn't send enough background info.
We are now waiting for a reply from the Buffalo office where we were advised to re-try as that is where our PR application is.
We are over in Buckhorn now for the summer and hope to get a positive response. If not then the girls and I will go home for another term at school and my husband will stay at the farm in Keene. We are hear for six months otherwise and intend to apply to extend our stay if PR hasn't come through by then.
When are you due to come out ?
Alex and Bob is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:53 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 39
CROCODILEBILL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Long for london Study Permits

We are due to come on Sunday. Hopefully our study permits will have arrived! If they do the kids will start school in canada in september.


Hows the weather!

Maybe we can get together next week, Steak and eggs for breakfast at Mainstreet Landing are the best.

Good luck with your permits......



Originally posted by Alex and Bob
Hi Crocodilebill,
How are you ?
Wenwe sent our application to London we waited for two weeks and then rang them. A receptionist said that it could be 2-4 weeks. After 4 weeks we still hadn't heard anything so we faxed them and a few days later got a reply saying hadn't we received a letter from them dated a week back.Whether it had got lost in the post or they hadn't replied already we will never know, but they lost all our original docs as well !!!
As you know, we were turned down but i think it was because we didn't send enough background info.
We are now waiting for a reply from the Buffalo office where we were advised to re-try as that is where our PR application is.
We are over in Buckhorn now for the summer and hope to get a positive response. If not then the girls and I will go home for another term at school and my husband will stay at the farm in Keene. We are hear for six months otherwise and intend to apply to extend our stay if PR hasn't come through by then.
When are you due to come out ?
CROCODILEBILL is offline  
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:58 pm
  #5  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How Long for london Study Permits

Alex and Bob and Crocodilebill,

Let me know how you fare with your study permits and extensions of visitor visa's. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. We are out on the 5th August and are staying for the whole month. Really looking forward to it.

Hope you guys have a great summer,
Tia
Tiaribbon is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2004, 1:34 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 44
Alex and Bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Long for london Study Permits

Originally posted by CROCODILEBILL
We are due to come on Sunday. Hopefully our study permits will have arrived! If they do the kids will start school in canada in september.


Hows the weather!

Maybe we can get together next week, Steak and eggs for breakfast at Mainstreet Landing are the best.

Good luck with your permits......

HI Crocbill,
Weather is nice and hot. We had a cloudy day today but it was still warm 28-30.Showers expected tomorrow and thursday.
Mosquitos are biting well although not as bad as I remember last summer.
What are you going to do if your study permits don't come through in time ? Could you get someone to send them to you ?
You can then go to the Niagara boarder and show them.
Yes we must meet up at some point.Have you internet access in Buckhorn so we can arrange a day?
We ate at your namesake the other day, they were really busy.


Hi Tiaribbon,
Hope you also have a good time in August, we've just started furnishing the farm in Keene and are now looking for a car.
Keep in touch,
Alex.
Alex and Bob is offline  
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:25 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 39
CROCODILEBILL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Long for london Study Permits

If they don't arrive we will get them sent on to us in Canada then do the Niagara thingy.
How was Croc Bills? The girls in there always keep me informed when English people come in. My friends from england have been teaching them cockney over the last couple of visits.. Ever heard a Canadian recite cockney rhyming slang?

Yes i have high speed internet access in Buckhorn . So can keep in touch.

I can reccomend Jack Mcgees (Chevy) in Peterborough if you want a decent dealer. Bought an Avalanche from them in 2002 they have bent over backwards looking after me since. They even offered to pick me up from the airport in the car when it was first new. Go and see Doug Chambers he will sort you out new or used...


(An interesting point regarding the mosqitoes) The best place to buy Deet from is Boots in England their own brand is 5% strength Deet which is nearly 2 % stronger than most canadian brands and it works like hell my mother-in-law swears by it. Glad you mentioned it will pop in Boots today and pick up a dozen cans..


Anyway have fun!
CROCODILEBILL is offline  
Old Jul 14th 2004, 4:40 am
  #8  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Long for london Study Permits

Hi Crocodilebill

Originally posted by CROCODILEBILL
If they don't arrive we will get them sent on to us in Canada then do the Niagara thingy.
How was Croc Bills? The girls in there always keep me informed when English people come in. My friends from england have been teaching them cockney over the last couple of visits.. Ever heard a Canadian recite cockney rhyming slang?

Yes i have high speed internet access in Buckhorn . So can keep in touch.

I can reccomend Jack Mcgees (Chevy) in Peterborough if you want a decent dealer. Bought an Avalanche from them in 2002 they have bent over backwards looking after me since. They even offered to pick me up from the airport in the car when it was first new. Go and see Doug Chambers he will sort you out new or used...


(An interesting point regarding the mosqitoes) The best place to buy Deet from is Boots in England their own brand is 5% strength Deet which is nearly 2 % stronger than most canadian brands and it works like hell my mother-in-law swears by it. Glad you mentioned it will pop in Boots today and pick up a dozen cans..


Anyway have fun!
As to your aside on DEET, at most outdoors stores you can get DEET in concentrations of 80%.

PMM
PMM is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:43 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 39
CROCODILEBILL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Long for london Study Permits

Hi Alex and Bob

Just a little follow up. We landed in Canada yesterday and the study permits were faxed to us this morning in England. Can you believe it.
I faxed them on wednesday and they rang me on my mobile to clarify a few points on Thursday. They then promised a decision Friday..

Kids can now start Buckhorn school in September after a little trip across the border at Niagara. ( Must'nt forget the $15000 either)

Anyway keep in touch next time you plan a trip to croc bills let me know and we can meet you there..

Look forward to hearing from you TA RA!




Originally posted by Alex and Bob
HI Crocbill,
Weather is nice and hot. We had a cloudy day today but it was still warm 28-30.Showers expected tomorrow and thursday.
Mosquitos are biting well although not as bad as I remember last summer.
What are you going to do if your study permits don't come through in time ? Could you get someone to send them to you ?
You can then go to the Niagara boarder and show them.
Yes we must meet up at some point.Have you internet access in Buckhorn so we can arrange a day?
We ate at your namesake the other day, they were really busy.


Hi Tiaribbon,
Hope you also have a good time in August, we've just started furnishing the farm in Keene and are now looking for a car.
Keep in touch,
Alex.
CROCODILEBILL is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2004, 3:46 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 44
Alex and Bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How Long for london Study Permits

Originally posted by CROCODILEBILL
Hi Alex and Bob

Just a little follow up. We landed in Canada yesterday and the study permits were faxed to us this morning in England. Can you believe it.
I faxed them on wednesday and they rang me on my mobile to clarify a few points on Thursday. They then promised a decision Friday..

Kids can now start Buckhorn school in September after a little trip across the border at Niagara. ( Must'nt forget the $15000 either)

Anyway keep in touch next time you plan a trip to croc bills let me know and we can meet you there..

Look forward to hearing from you TA RA!
Hi Crocodilebill,
Congrats on getting study permits.
We're still waiting to hear from Buffalo about ours.
It's so frustrating not knowing if the girls can start school here in Canada or whether we have to go back to Uk.
What did you send with your study permit application, and what did you tell them ?
Anyway, we are off to Orrillia for a few days to see some visiting friends from Uk tomorrow, will arrange to meet you soon.
Have a nice time here in Buckhorn !!
Alex and Bob is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.