British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   How long to get PP back (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/how-long-get-pp-back-591856/)

Scientist Feb 16th 2009 5:50 pm

How long to get PP back

I have an official meeting planned abroad and i havent recieved my passport (PP) yet. How long normally CHC london takes to return PP? They recieved mine on 28th Jan. Anyone in same situation?

Thank you

FlirtyKnickers Feb 16th 2009 5:55 pm

Re: How long to get PP back

Originally Posted by Scientist (Post 7290956)
I have an official meeting planned abroad and i havent recieved my passport (PP) yet. How long normally CHC london takes to return PP? They recieved mine on 28th Jan. Anyone in same situation?

Thank you

2-3 weeks, you should have them soon;)

Scientist Feb 16th 2009 8:24 pm

Thanx for the reply FlirtyKnickers. Anyone else wating for PP?

Hollis Family Feb 16th 2009 8:29 pm

Thank you

Our timelines below but as Flirtyknickers says 2-3 weeks has been the timeframe of late.

Best of luck!

Michelle

peachgary Feb 17th 2009 1:45 pm

Thank you

Yes us too, they received them on the 28th just like you and were still waiting...............lets hope its not to long as my wife's TWP runs out
on the 5th of March :ohmy: not sure how that will work, how can you leave
Canada with out a passport.............. :huh:

Scientist Feb 17th 2009 4:39 pm

Hi peachgary,
Lets hope to get it this week, finger crossed. What does your online status show? Mine shows ...in process...Medical results have been recieved....

mouha5 Feb 17th 2009 4:56 pm

very soon. Patience young padawan.

lucieg Feb 17th 2009 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by peachgary (Post 7293929)
Yes us too, they received them on the 28th just like you and were still waiting...............lets hope its not to long as my wife's TWP runs out
on the 5th of March :ohmy: not sure how that will work, how can you leave
Canada with out a passport.............. :huh:

I was wondering how that would work...if your twp runs out before they get the passports back to you?

FlirtyKnickers Feb 17th 2009 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by mouha5 (Post 7294517)
very soon. Patience young padawan.

:rofl:

Fear is a path to the dark side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering....i can't believe i'm quoting Yoda:rofl::rofl:

peachgary Feb 19th 2009 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Scientist (Post 7294455)
Hi peachgary,
Lets hope to get it this week, finger crossed. What does your online status show? Mine shows ...in process...Medical results have been recieved....

Our passports arrived here in Canada today.....panic over, now its time to
head to the boarder :thumbsup:

gooding Feb 19th 2009 3:57 am

Originally Posted by peachgary (Post 7299955)
Our passports arrived here in Canada today.....panic over, now its time to
head to the boarder :thumbsup:

I want everyone thinking of flagpoling to know this as it is not easy to find info. They changed rules re landing for in canada applicants. If it applies to you can land within canada. See here. We did it......

Note dated November 4th, 2008: According to the BE forum discussion thread entitled In-Canada landing for family and economic classes, the Canadian government now allows permanent residence (PR) visa applicants in the family and economic classes to undergo an in-Canada landing process if they have applied for PR abroad but are temporarily in Canada when their visas are issued.