Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long does the Skilled visa application really take?

How long does the Skilled visa application really take?

Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:11 am
Just Joined

sibya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long does the Skilled visa application really take?

Dear All,

I've applied via Andrew Miller for the skilled visa program and Andrew has stated often that getting a linked job to my skills (IT networking) would speed up the process for my application- unfortunately I haven't been able to do so so far. My question is roughly from the UK how long will it take for my application to be even looked at at, for I vaguely remember Andrew stating it will take over 4 years, since it's been over two years since I applied via Andrew Miller and paid all money up front and just send Andrew a quarterly email asking for a update if possible (normally have to resend it since he does not reply to the first one irritatingly)?

Rgds
Sibya
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:08 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long does the Skilled visa application really take?

Maybe something is wrong with your ISP or spam filters - I replied to your first email sent about 20 hours ago and it bounced back. Note that replying within 24 hours is not always possible and I try to reply as soon as I can. Second reply sent in reply to your second email from about 2 hours ago so far didn't bounce, so I assume that you got it.

I stated in my replies that currently London is looking into cases submitted in second half of 2005 and applicants from that period are receiving gradually (unfortunately not in the order as apps were received, it is spread all over those 6 months period) 90 days letters asking for update of files. It is expected (we all hope our expectations will be met) that all applicants from second half of 2005 should get their 90 days letters from London by middle of this year. Very few who already updated their files in the middle (July-Sept) of 2007 are starting to receive request for medicals now.

If you browse through this forum and look into reports from past few months you'll find confirmation of the above.

When we started I told you that process may take about 3 to over 4 years and so far reality confirms that - if trends continues it may take about 40 to 45 months for completion of process.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

soconnell74 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How long does the Skilled visa application really take?

Originally Posted by sibya
Dear All,

I've applied via Andrew Miller for the skilled visa program and Andrew has stated often that getting a linked job to my skills (IT networking) would speed up the process for my application- unfortunately I haven't been able to do so so far. My question is roughly from the UK how long will it take for my application to be even looked at at, for I vaguely remember Andrew stating it will take over 4 years, since it's been over two years since I applied via Andrew Miller and paid all money up front and just send Andrew a quarterly email asking for a update if possible (normally have to resend it since he does not reply to the first one irritatingly)?

Rgds
Sibya
I know its a frustrating wait but your timeline so far sounds about par for the course. Priority is now given to those who have arranged work (I'm in that category) and that speeds things up dramatically. Hang in there and keep your eye out for job over here. Best of luck.