British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   how long do you get to submit passports? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/how-long-do-you-get-submit-passports-566924/)

nikki dreaming Oct 13th 2008 6:06 pm

how long do you get to submit passports?

Hi

Prob a stupid question, but when you finally reach the end and you are requested to submit your passports, are you given a time frame in which to send them by?

I know that the 12 mths landing time frame starts from the date of the medical, but I am just wondering re above as we may be looking to go away around the time that we may receive the request through, and don't want to come across any issues at the last stage.

Thanks for any info:thumbup:

pinkmcfarquhar Oct 13th 2008 6:09 pm

Re: how long do you get to submit passports?

Was just away to ask a similar question - so eagerly awaiting replies. We have just done our medicals in Canada, so fingers crossed that all is okay, and we should have our passport requests soon. Worry is because my Gran is 100 in December (fingers crossed) and I am hoping to go back for that - knowing my luck, passport request will come in the week before!

kiton6 Oct 13th 2008 6:54 pm

I believe it's 60 days: I received the PPR letter last week.

P.S. I don't have the letter with me just now, that's why I say I believe it's 60 days (I'm pretty sure it is, maybe someone else can confirm)

nikki dreaming Oct 13th 2008 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by kiton6 (Post 6871018)
I believe it's 60 days: I received the PPR letter last week.

P.S. I don't have the letter with me just now, that's why I say I believe it's 60 days (I'm pretty sure it is, maybe someone else can confirm)

Thanks for the info, that's not too bad, won't be away for that long:D

lof Oct 13th 2008 7:21 pm

i guess it depends on visa post and their circumstances.

cic seattle thought 30 days would be enough - from the date they had on the lettre head. the post office in seattle stamped it 4 days later, and it took 7 more days to get here. so less than 20 days for me. :eek: (that was about a year ago and i ended up to go in person for passport stamping...)

on the other hand i've seen 90 days too.

RayS Oct 13th 2008 7:47 pm

My PPR letter received a week ago from the High Commission in London said 60 days (from the date of the letter). However the letter obviously sat on someones desk for a while because the post date was a week later than the letter date!
Anyway I thought that was plenty of time but I took the passports to London last thursday (its open from 2pm to 3pm on thursdays) just in case.
They are available to be picked on the Thursday two weeks later.
By the way there were about 50 people in the queue who were admitted 6 at a time so it aint quick!
Cheers
Ray

kiton6 Oct 13th 2008 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by RayS (Post 6871163)
By the way there were about 50 people in the queue who were admitted 6 at a time so it aint quick!
Cheers
Ray

:eek: Now I'm beginning to understand why it can take so long for passports to be returned when they are mailed in!

Cheers for that info :thumbup:

nikki dreaming Oct 13th 2008 9:11 pm

Thanks for all the info everyone:thumbup: