Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

how long do unaccepted applications take to be returned

how long do unaccepted applications take to be returned

Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough
Default how long do unaccepted applications take to be returned

Hi,

Just found out - only because our credit card changed due to some NZ fraud thing - that the reason no payment has been taken for our FSW application was that it was actually "returned" to us on Jan 18th due to (apparently) missing Spouse Schedule A. We are amazed that we could have missed out that one bit of paper as we checked and rechecked and rechecked!!

anyway, we are unable to reapply until we get the package back as it has the IELTS results in it. How long have other people had to wait until their unsuccesful packages have been returned? is it sent airmail? We're in NZ but the post isn't that bad - airmail from the UK usually just a few days, and airmail from Canada certainly less than 2 weeks.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:03 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long do unaccepted applications take to be returned

Hi from what I understand you can send in a copy of your IELTS on a second application if you kept one.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:11 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Hi from what I understand you can send in a copy of your IELTS on a second application if you kept one.
...and if you didn't keep a copy (always a good idea to take a photocopy of the whole package you send IMHO - it can save a lot of trouble later) you could always do what some have done and tackle the IELTS people with the Freedom of Info Act, as one or two people have done successfully and they will send another copy of your results.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

email them to request it specifically and it will come back within a couple of weeks.

I had to chase mine up after they appeared to forget to send it back to me. After several months, i emailed them asking for my application back. i didnt get a response to the email but my package appeared the following week
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
+1. I did mention this on the other thread yesterday OP, not sure if you saw it? But you can look at the document checklist and it tells you when you can use a copy - basically if you're reapplying, so may well be applicable to you.

Old Mar 6th 2012, 6:16 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
+1. I did mention this on the other thread yesterday OP, not sure if you saw it? But you can look at the document checklist and it tells you when you can use a copy - basically if you're reapplying, so may well be applicable to you.

Plus the OPs should note the disclaimer at the top of the checklist.

"All Documents Submitted will Not be returned" "You must keep a copy of all the forms and documents before sending them to the CIO."
Old Mar 6th 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

the new checklist on the generic form now states you can send a copy of the IELTS this hasnt always been the case however i phoned the test centre and explained my predicament and they sent a new certificate however they are a little reluctant as they have had difficulties with fraud so they need to know where the certificates are going.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by angelic applicant
the new checklist on the generic form now states you can send a copy of the IELTS this hasnt always been the case however i phoned the test centre and explained my predicament and they sent a new certificate however they are a little reluctant as they have had difficulties with fraud so they need to know where the certificates are going.
Was all set to start all over again, but unable to submit a copy of ielts as the document checklist states this is only acceptable if accompanied by refusal letter by CIC and proof that CIC still holds original. Will try my luck with IELTS, and have also emailed CIC. But our info back from Sydney, Australia visa office said specifically that the entire application was returned to us on 18th January. Very concerned we're going to miss the 10 000 cap, as it's over 8500 already. Even had to consider going back to UK instead of Canada, but sounds a dreadful solution!
Old Mar 14th 2012, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

IELTS here in Christchurch are resolutely refusing to send a new form - says it's absolutely impossible, and they tell Canada to request forms direct from IELTS. She will send it to Canadian Immigration for us, but not to us direct. Only able to send a copy when CIS have specifically advised us they've kept hold of IELTS.

CIS make it clear that they have returned the documents to us (on Jan 18th), untracked, and therefore the responsibility for all our documents is down to post service. They've obviously been lost. Surely it would be much more sensible to include a separate part on payment form, should documents need to be returned, to cover tracking - a: so they actually get here, and b: so all our personal details, birth certificate details, passport details, money details are not just being sent around the world untracked, and, now, clearly lost.

So not too happy. Will hopefully get the next application out of here (although I note that the 10 000 cap is fast being reached) before the next earthquake hits!
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sliam37
IELTS here in Christchurch are resolutely refusing to send a new form - says it's absolutely impossible, and they tell Canada to request forms direct from IELTS. She will send it to Canadian Immigration for us, but not to us direct. Only able to send a copy when CIS have specifically advised us they've kept hold of IELTS.

CIS make it clear that they have returned the documents to us (on Jan 18th), untracked, and therefore the responsibility for all our documents is down to post service. They've obviously been lost. Surely it would be much more sensible to include a separate part on payment form, should documents need to be returned, to cover tracking - a: so they actually get here, and b: so all our personal details, birth certificate details, passport details, money details are not just being sent around the world untracked, and, now, clearly lost.

So not too happy. Will hopefully get the next application out of here (although I note that the 10 000 cap is fast being reached) before the next earthquake hits!
this is soo frustrating i really know where youre coming from. i recieved emails to say my certificate had been sent back despite my suggestions it hadnt. they too said it must have been lost. i managed to get a replacement, sent off my application only to recieve an email a week later to say my document was still in canada!!!
ive since had another email from the person who advised me it was lost to say it wont have been tracked and would be the fault of the postal service. i have emailed this person to say their colleague had found the documents still in Canada and have heard nothing since. as ive said before sometimes its as if one hand doesnt know what the other is doing. if the language office is refusing to send another certificate im not sure what to suggest. is there a chance you can re sit it?? iknow its more money spent but it may be worth it if it saves you on hair pieces after ripping your hair out with the stress and frustration??
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:40 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by angelic applicant
this is soo frustrating i really know where youre coming from. i recieved emails to say my certificate had been sent back despite my suggestions it hadnt. they too said it must have been lost. i managed to get a replacement, sent off my application only to recieve an email a week later to say my document was still in canada!!!
ive since had another email from the person who advised me it was lost to say it wont have been tracked and would be the fault of the postal service. i have emailed this person to say their colleague had found the documents still in Canada and have heard nothing since. as ive said before sometimes its as if one hand doesnt know what the other is doing. if the language office is refusing to send another certificate im not sure what to suggest. is there a chance you can re sit it?? iknow its more money spent but it may be worth it if it saves you on hair pieces after ripping your hair out with the stress and frustration??
Our IELTS college sent a duplicate to our immigration consultant, they refused to send another copy to me. The consultant then sent the copy to me. If you have a consultant, try that. fletch
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fletcher m
Our IELTS college sent a duplicate to our immigration consultant, they refused to send another copy to me. The consultant then sent the copy to me. If you have a consultant, try that. fletch
No consultant. But that would have been good! If universities are happy to send out copies of transcripts, why on earth are IELTS so fussy??
Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fletcher m
fortunately fletch im now ok. my application has got through the cic and is now on its way to London....with 2 ielts certificates.

i think i was just fortunate that the guy i spoke to from the ielts was probably having a good day and my sorrowful tale tugged at his heart strings.

what i was trying to explain to Sliam 37 is that although one person at cic was telling me theyd returned my document in dec and it must therefore be lost.

i then recieved an email from someone else at cic to say they had my document

my application is all now in London with 2 ielts certificates.

despite this the first person is still sending me emails to say they sent my first ielts document back to me in dec and it must be lost

haha does that make sense??? ive completely baffled my self now