How long to COPR?

Old May 29th 2012, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Jimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long to COPR?

Just seeking some reassurance.....

So, we've had the letter which starts "we have reached the final stage of processing........before we issue COPR we need copies of passport pages etc"

Is COPR therefore just a formality from here?

Also, how long can I expect to wait for it having posted off the requested documents/photos around 10 days ago?

Cheers
Old May 29th 2012, 7:12 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How long to COPR?

Where did you send it? Our COPRs took just over 2 weeks to come back from Buffalo, earlier this month (Fed Ex there and back again)
Old May 29th 2012, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Where did you send it? Our COPRs took just over 2 weeks to come back from Buffalo, earlier this month (Fed Ex there and back again)
Sorry, should have said. London - we currently live in the UK.
Old May 30th 2012, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

I'm checking the mail every day and fed up waiting!! Hopefully soon
Old May 30th 2012, 2:10 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Our CORP papers took about 3 weeks from New York (we live in Ottawa)and we landed on Sunday 27th I would say you have it in the bag
Old May 31st 2012, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

nerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nicenerdherd is just really nice

Hi Jimbo

Was wondering if you have had your COPR back yet?

We got our PPR today (yay ) and been debating whether to mail the passports to CHC London or bring them in person. I wouldn't be able to go in person until 3 weeks from today anyway as going on holiday tomorrow (timing couldn't have been worse, typical!), so 3 weeks + 2 weeks 'in person' turnaround might actually take longer than the maximum 6 weeks they mention in the PPR letter if doing it by mail, which seems to be 4 weeks more often than not.

Decisions, decisions...

Last edited by nerdherd; May 31st 2012 at 12:25 pm. Reason: Got confused
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

CIC in London received our PHEP forms on May 15th. Just wondering on similar timelines regarding getting COPR in Alberta? Getting anxious as I have another job offer and start date on June 18th! Also have AINP nomination but just want to flagpole for PR!!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nerdherd
Hi Jimbo

Was wondering if you have had your COPR back yet?

We got our PPR today (yay ) and been debating whether to mail the passports to CHC London or bring them in person. I wouldn't be able to go in person until 3 weeks from today anyway as going on holiday tomorrow (timing couldn't have been worse, typical!), so 3 weeks + 2 weeks 'in person' turnaround might actually take longer than the maximum 6 weeks they mention in the PPR letter if doing it by mail, which seems to be 4 weeks more often than not.

Decisions, decisions...
Hi Nerdherd, still not had my COPR

Posted my passport copies 17 days ago, so (allowing for the double bank hol) I suppose it hasn't been too long. Are you sure it's normally a maximum of 4 weeks if doing it by mail?
It is just a formality now isn't it because mentally I'm already on the plane?!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:25 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jimbo2012
Hi Nerdherd, still not had my COPR

Posted my passport copies 17 days ago, so (allowing for the double bank hol) I suppose it hasn't been too long. Are you sure it's normally a maximum of 4 weeks if doing it by mail?
It is just a formality now isn't it because mentally I'm already on the plane?!
Yes it's just a formality, you're there
We had our PPR on 21/2 and received our COPR's on 15/3, which is about 23 days.
So, worry not!

Katie
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Yes it's just a formality, you're there
We had our PPR on 21/2 and received our COPR's on 15/3, which is about 23 days.
So, worry not!

Katie
Thanks Katie, that was just the reassurance I was looking for.

Good luck in BC!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:45 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Thanks Katie, that was just the reassurance I was looking for.

Good luck in BC!
You're welcome! Let us know when you get 'em!

Where you headed for when you get them?

Katie
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Katie
I will, thanks. I take it they arrive by special delivery or similar?

We're initially headed to the Kawarthas area in Ontario to temporarily stay with family. Then our target places are Peterborough, Kingston, Belleville, Ottawa or anywhere in the vicinity, dependent upon where (and if!) we find jobs. That's the next big challenge
Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Katie
COPR arrived this morning. Yay!
Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

COPR arrived this morning. Yay!
congratulations
Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:37 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

wahooooooooooooooo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.