Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long for CHC to reply to emails?

Wikiposts

How long for CHC to reply to emails?

Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

pbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: How long for CHC to reply to emails?

Originally Posted by oxon5
Paula

Can you let me know which e-mail address that you used. As I would like to give them a nudge as well.

Thanks
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

I used the e-mail that they have on their web-site

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/general/email_e.htm

I stated that I hadn't had a 48hr reply so obviously my last e-mail got lost they were really quick with the response.

I'm going to London on Monday to take in the passports personally as it will be quicker.
Good luck! I hope you hear soon! I'm sure you will
Paula
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:59 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long for CHC to reply to emails?

Just to clarify,
When you send an email, you get an automatic response within minutes (maybe hours). If you don't get this, then it's a sign that you've got the wrong email address.

I used [email protected]

I generally got a reply within 48 hours, but I don't think there is any rule that states they have to reply in that time (or at all!).

Be sparing with the emails. Only email if you can't get the information yourself any other way.

Cheers
Chris
Old Sep 6th 2007, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mrmcgoo
Just to clarify,
When you send an email, you get an automatic response within minutes (maybe hours). If you don't get this, then it's a sign that you've got the wrong email address.

I used [email protected]

I generally got a reply within 48 hours, but I don't think there is any rule that states they have to reply in that time (or at all!).

Be sparing with the emails. Only email if you can't get the information yourself any other way.

Cheers
Chris
I would agree with Chris. I have e-mailed CHC today (for the first time ever) simply to see if there are any clues when PPR might be heading our way.

I got an automated response within minutes and then seven further automated responses over the following hours. Strange but true.

Simon (Amazingly, still smiling)

PS: I just posted my 876th post - not bad for Simon876, eh?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify,

I used [email protected]

Cheers
Chris

i have never had an automated response. Real responses have been within 24- 72 hours.

Does anyone know if you get a reply if you reply to their reply??
Old Sep 6th 2007, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
i have never had an automated response. Real responses have been within 24- 72 hours.

Does anyone know if you get a reply if you reply to their reply??
Ah but do they know you replied to their reply? And what happens if they reply to your reply to their reply, eh?

What was that noise? Are they watching me? Should I get dressed now?

Winston Smith
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simon876
Ah but do they know you replied to their reply? And what happens if they reply to your reply to their reply, eh?

What was that noise? Are they watching me? Should I get dressed now?

Winston Smith
pull yourself together man!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:19 am
Mr McGoo

Location: Wiltshire, Switzerland, Reading, Snug Cove BC - all in one year!
mrmcgoo is an unknown quantity at this point

About that smile? It's more like a mad grin at this stage

And, yes, we are watching you ... now tell me about your childhood?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
pull yourself together man!
What! In this dress?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:08 am
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

I would agree with Chris. I have e-mailed CHC today (for the first time ever) simply to see if there are any clues when PPR might be heading our way.

I got an automated response within minutes and then seven further automated responses over the following hours. Strange but true.

What address did you email to?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by QPRanger
What address did you email to?
I sent my query to: [email protected]

As a case specific query.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

About that smile? It's more like a mad grin at this stage

And, yes, we are watching you ... now tell me about your childhood?
Well Mr Lecter, I have always liked dressing up and one day I saw these lambs....

Clarice
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Hey folks, check this out

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479624

Simon