Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long before you receive your AOR

How long before you receive your AOR

Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:01 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long before you receive your AOR

Been doing a bit of this lately.

" Whit the hecks keeping bloomin London from issueing my AOR"

I am aware that it could take up to 4 months before they can issue your AOR

Does anyone have a slightest inclination if they are putting them out any earlier than the quoted 4 months.

It seems that most folk seem to get their's round about the 6 to 8 week mark

Beginning to have horrid thoughts

Did the Royal mail lose our paperwork, am I just being a bit para !!!

I E mailed our lawyer the other day, asked if it likely, in their professsional opinion, if I would recieve the dreaded AOR before we travelled to Canada in 2 weeks time.

Was told to bolt !!!!! dont contact us again unless more than 4 months has elapsed, in other words, stop bugging us.

Any ideas

Eddie
Old Jul 1st 2005, 11:55 am
Just Joined

ear00jk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How long before you receive your AOR

Just to share my timeline which may be helpful. I submitted my application to CHC London on 17th February 2004 and got AOR on 21 April, 04. Based on my understanding from this forum and others the timeline for AOR varies significantly from case to case. This whole immigration process is a puzzle with everybody having different theories about timelines. Hopefully you will get your AOR within a couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by Voyager970

Does anyone have a slightest inclination if they are putting them out any earlier than the quoted 4 months.

I E mailed our lawyer the other day, asked if it likely, in their professsional opinion, if I would recieve the dreaded AOR before we travelled to Canada in 2 weeks time.

Was told to bolt !!!!! dont contact us again unless more than 4 months has elapsed, in other words, stop bugging us.

Any ideas

Eddie
Old Jul 1st 2005, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

nubbslad will become famous soon enough

Any ideas

Eddie

Hi Eddie
Our application was recieved at CHC London 28th OCT 2004 and our AOR date is 10th NOV 2004 so that was quick compared to some but we have the same lawyers and the AOR card has to travel to canada to them.
Also we applied before my brother in law by about 14 days and he heard about his AOR before us !!! yet his AOR is 22 NOV 2004
I am sure it will be on its way soon and have a great time on your holiday we are going over in November can't wait
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Eddie

Sent our off via the consultant March 18th was told 2-3 months got it June 12th, with a 24 months processing time stamped on it, just hang in there the wait has only just begun.

G
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

high.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nice

Hello.

We sent our application off 25 July 2004 and got our AOR 16 August 2004. No lawyer involved.

Good Luck!
Old Jul 4th 2005, 11:09 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by high.rise
Hello.

We sent our application off 25 July 2004 and got our AOR 16 August 2004. No lawyer involved.

Good Luck!

high.rise

WOW a fellow Glaswegian !!!!!!!

Joined the same time as me Feb 2004, but only 26 posts

Me, well over 600 posts, boy thats scary !!!!!!

Need to get a life and get away from here !!!!!!!!!

Eddie
Old Jul 4th 2005, 7:45 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Me, well over 600 posts, boy thats scary !!!!!!

Need to get a life and get away from here !!!!!!!!!

Eddie
I was just thinking the same thing Eddie, seriously!

You have not even got your AOR yet (and you are agitating about that) ... what WILL you be like in another TWO YEARS or whatever the time frame is for you, when you are wondering if your medical requests are on their way?

I really don't think you will remain sane unless you go off, do something else, change the subject ....you'll be in complete burnout .....plus all your friends (if you have any left) will be thoroughly glad to see you go!!!

Chill man, take up a new hobby or something!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 12:00 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine in about 2 hours.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 12:50 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I really don't think you will remain sane unless you go off, do something else, change the subject ....you'll be in complete burnout .....plus all your friends (if you have any left) will be thoroughly glad to see you go!!!

Avoid e-client at all costs, else you will become the next victim.

Rich.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

high.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nice

Eddie,

yup another weegie trying to get the hell out of dodge.

Remember, just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not lurking

Good luck with the AOR, we're at the stage now where we REALLY want to go. Even recently considered offers to go elsewhere in the world as this process takes so long.

seems like only FEB 04 AOR's are currently being processed, so we've still got quite a bit to go....

posts now up to 27

high.rise
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:10 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Avoid e-client at all costs, else you will become the next victim.

Rich.
I just used e-client for the first time, to check the status of my citizenship application. Apparently, my application, now being processed, was received back in October 2004 and an acknowledgement sent to me the same day, along with my "Canada 101" study book. Oddly, the date on the acknowledgement letter I received was March 5th 2005. Funny that.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 12:01 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I was just thinking the same thing Eddie, seriously!

You have not even got your AOR yet (and you are agitating about that) ... what WILL you be like in another TWO YEARS or whatever the time frame is for you, when you are wondering if your medical requests are on their way?

Yes big chill out required Morwenna

I was only wanting to know SOB SOB, before I went on my holidays to Canada SOB SOB, on the 16th July

BAH HUMBUG !!!!!!!!!!

Think I'll go and watch some trains or start a sewing club for old buddies !!!!!

Eddie
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Alison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to allAlison33 is a name known to all

Any ideas

Eddie
Hi Eddie

Like you, we are also waiting in anticipation. Our application was sent in March and I would also have thought we would have received AOR by now. Did you put a return address on the back of your envelope? We didn't! :scared: I also discovered that we should have put our name and address on the back of the bank draft - something we also forgot to do. After waiting months to get all relevant info I was desparate to post and heaved a hugh sigh of relief when it had finally gone. We are now feeling a bit deflated. Good job I kept a copy of our bank draft receipt and receipt of posting. Keep fingers crossed for me and I'll do the same for you

Guess the backlog is worse than I thought either that or they are all on their hols. Heres to waiting.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I got mine in 5 weeks last year... even then it was a stressful wait, particularly when people who applied after me got AoRs before I did.

Is there any way to check with the bank to see if the bank draft has been cleared? That way you'd at least know they got the forms.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Any ideas

Eddie

Wouldn't worry mate! I think CHC London staff have all gone on extended leave for the summer. We're Feb 04 AOR and haven't heard a damn thing, while some other Feb 04s have had their medicals and are waiting for PP requests!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.