Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long before PR application with wrong payment is returned?

How long before PR application with wrong payment is returned?

Old Jan 18th 2010, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

LibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really nice
Question How long before PR application with wrong payment is returned?

Hi

I received my CSQ at the end of last year and sent off my PR application to the London office on 18 December, but have since found out that it will be returned to me as I sent credit card details for payment instead of a bank draft. I have since sent another email to the London office asking how long it will take before the application is returned for me to resubmit with the bank draft but have had no reply as yet.

Just wondered whether anyone else has had their application returned for a similar reason and how long it took for that to happen? I will have to wait for it to be returned before resubmitting it because my CSQ and Police certificate were originals. I am just worried that it will take months and I am just about to put my flat on the market. It's very frustrating but I have definitely learned my lesson to read things thoroughly!

Thanks

Jen
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long before PR application with wrong payment is returned?

Originally Posted by LibraJen
Hi

I received my CSQ at the end of last year and sent off my PR application to the London office on 18 December, but have since found out that it will be returned to me as I sent credit card details for payment instead of a bank draft. I have since sent another email to the London office asking how long it will take before the application is returned for me to resubmit with the bank draft but have had no reply as yet.

Just wondered whether anyone else has had their application returned for a similar reason and how long it took for that to happen? I will have to wait for it to be returned before resubmitting it because my CSQ and Police certificate were originals. I am just worried that it will take months and I am just about to put my flat on the market. It's very frustrating but I have definitely learned my lesson to read things thoroughly!

Thanks

Jen
Hi Jen

I would think that they would email you straight away about the credit card details.

If you have a CIC reference number send them a email to see if they could process payment on Credit Card or what did they want to do
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

LibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really niceLibraJen is just really nice

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi Jen

I would think that they would email you straight away about the credit card details.

If you have a CIC reference number send them a email to see if they could process payment on Credit Card or what did they want to do
Thanks, but I don't have a CIC reference number yet so they have only given general "copied and pasted" style answers that don't really answer my questions. The London office apparently does not accept credit cards so that is the problem. They have said that my application will be sent back to me and I will have to resubmit it but I don't seem to be able to get an answer from them as to how long that will take.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:49 pm
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

My friend had an issue with her PR (forgot to write "N/A" in one box!) Her stuff came back in 6 weeks. However, that was Buffalo NY to Alberta & the date on the letter was only about 2 weeks after her submission date. I think they waited on purpose until her PNP date was out, just to cause trouble!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:16 am
Just Joined

igotink is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I also enclosed wrong payment when i first started my application, it was returned to me here in Canada after just 4 weeks
Thanks
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys, that gives me a bit of an idea. Hopefully it won't be too much longer now then. Assuming that the London office works in the same way!

I'll have to just be patient!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by igotink
Hi I also enclosed wrong payment when i first started my application, it was returned to me here in Canada after just 4 weeks
Thanks
Hi

Are you not allowed to pay by credit card then?

Just printed off our forms and there is a part for credit card details on the fee payment form. Seems odd to have that if you can't use it!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:14 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi

Just printed off our forms and there is a part for credit card details on the fee payment form. Seems odd to have that if you can't use it!
Hi Tracys

If you are applying to FSW to Sydney, NS then yes credit card can apply.
The OP refers to London, so I assume she is after that initial application & onto another stage with a different set of fees.

My credit card was charged last week & my 120 day email arrived yesterday, so for that initial application CC is fine.

I haven't yet checked myself re. payments to London, but will look carefully given the OP's problem.

Bali
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of
Smile Re: How long before PR application with wrong payment is returned?

Originally Posted by Bali2010
Hi Tracys

If you are applying to FSW to Sydney, NS then yes credit card can apply.
The OP refers to London, so I assume she is after that initial application & onto another stage with a different set of fees.

My credit card was charged last week & my 120 day email arrived yesterday, so for that initial application CC is fine.

I haven't yet checked myself re. payments to London, but will look carefully given the OP's problem.

Bali

Thanks Bali for reply.

Just notIced your time-line, wow very quick aren't they!

Hope ours is as quick!

Cheers, Tracy
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

trumptons will become famous soon enough

I have just read the London instructions and is says that you can pay by credit card if you are a FSW!

http://www.ci.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Hope I am the bearer of good news.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:05 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trumptons
I have just read the London instructions and is says that you can pay by credit card if you are a FSW!

http://www.ci.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

Hope I am the bearer of good news.
Ah, thanks

With online banking, it is certainly easier to check when charged, than the bank draft approach, but then as another poster found, if the card gets stolen / fraud issues before the charge, that can cause problems.

I think I would still use CC though.

Bali
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

trumptons will become famous soon enough

Definitely...I'm saving the airmiles! If all goes well I might go to Canada in style x
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi

That is exactly what I did, filled out that form with the credit card form, but this is the link they sent me which states that credit cards are not accepted at the London office : http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng However I am applying as a Qu├ębec selected applicant as opposed to any other FSW, which looks like it could make a difference looking at the link posted from Trumptons.

I'm just waiting now for it to be sent back to me so I can resubmit it with a bank draft, which seems to be the only way for me to go, other than actually showing up in person at the embassy and paying cash (exact amount) in CAD/GBP. I'm almost tempted to do that just to be sure not to make another mistake!

Last edited by LibraJen; Jan 19th 2010 at 10:32 pm.