How long after updates...?

Old Oct 30th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default How long after updates...?

I have been in Canada since mid July. Officially I'm only here on holiday. My son is here on a study permit (last 2 years of Senior High), and I'm here accompanying him on a holiday basis, having to return to the UK every 6 months.

It's all great, and I love being here, but there is one drawback. My OH, as well as daughter and grandaughter are still in the UK.

We sent our updates back to CHC in August and are hoping to hear something soon.

Is there anybody here, who has had a similar timeline to us, who has received med requests, or maybe even passport requests?

I think the letter that came with the update request stated that we 'should' hear something within the next 6 months, but I guess I'm hoping it'll happen a lot sooner.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long after updates...?

Originally Posted by TheCanes
I have been in Canada since mid July. Officially I'm only here on holiday. My son is here on a study permit (last 2 years of Senior High), and I'm here accompanying him on a holiday basis, having to return to the UK every 6 months.

It's all great, and I love being here, but there is one drawback. My OH, as well as daughter and grandaughter are still in the UK.

We sent our updates back to CHC in August and are hoping to hear something soon.

Is there anybody here, who has had a similar timeline to us, who has received med requests, or maybe even passport requests?

I think the letter that came with the update request stated that we 'should' hear something within the next 6 months, but I guess I'm hoping it'll happen a lot sooner.
Hi TC pleased to hear all is going well, can't help im afraid but wanted to say hi xx
Old Oct 30th 2008, 4:51 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Really hard to judge, there is someone who has there meds with a June 06 application and there is two or three still waiting from Feb 06 and probably before.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Good luck

Danny
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Hi TC pleased to hear all is going well, can't help im afraid but wanted to say hi xx
Hi back at ya!

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Really hard to judge, there is someone who has there meds with a June 06 application and there is two or three still waiting from Feb 06 and probably before.

Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Good luck

Danny
Thanks Danny. Sad they don't seem to be doing things in the 'right' order, but good to know that we don't seem to have been forgotten after all.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:03 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, TheCanes.

I was thinking about you just the other day and wondering how you were getting along.

Fingers crossed for you.
x
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Hello, TheCanes.

I was thinking about you just the other day and wondering how you were getting along.

Fingers crossed for you.
x
Everything is going great. DS is doing good at school, and is enjoying it most of the time , and I'm having fun just being here and swinging my axe (won't use chainsaw) clearing trails off fallen trees (moved 14 trees that came down last Saturday). It's exactly what I expected it to be.

Missing the rest of the family, but keep reminding myself that we are doing this for a reason.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs. A has a brilliant futureMrs. A has a brilliant futureMrs. A has a brilliant futureMrs. A has a brilliant futureMrs. A has a brilliant futureMrs. A has a brilliant futureMrs. A has a brilliant future

Hi TC,

I'm just going by our timeline, and it seems you're on track. We're Feb 06 AOR, had our update letter in May, sent docs back mid-May, had meds in August and had PPR in October. So hopefully you should get your meds request any time now, with PPR a couple of months later.

Good luck, and keep smiling. I'm glad it's all you hoped it would be, and very soon you'll all be together again, and you'll know you did the right thing. Things always seem to come together eventually
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Hi there, we are roughly the same timeframe as you and have just completed our medical exams, going by the trackitt website all being well after meds the passport requests seem to be around 4 weeks. I'll let you know how we get on.

Our timescales are as follows: AOR 29 Mar '06, Request for updated info 31 July '08, Medical Reqested 3 Oct '08, Meds taken 30 Oct '08

Last edited by Hollis Family; Nov 1st 2008 at 6:22 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hollis Family
Hi there, we are roughly the same timeframe as you and have just completed our medical exams, going by the trackitt website all being well after meds the passport requests seem to be around 4 weeks. I'll let you know how we get on.

Our timescales are as follows: AOR 29 Mar '06, Request for updated info 31 July '08, Medical Reqested 3 Oct '08, Meds taken 30 Oct '08
Wow - applied after us, and got everything through quicker. You are so lucky! Good luck with the rest.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Wow - applied after us, and got everything through quicker. You are so lucky! Good luck with the rest.
Things really seem to have got a lot quicker recently, I think they are trying to get through everyone who applied before the simplified process! Added to the fact they are not processing anything new at present - so fingers crossed that we will all be on our way soon!! We have a 15 year old which I know is a difficult time for a move - has your son settled well??

Michell
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hollis Family
Things really seem to have got a lot quicker recently, I think they are trying to get through everyone who applied before the simplified process! Added to the fact they are not processing anything new at present - so fingers crossed that we will all be on our way soon!! We have a 15 year old which I know is a difficult time for a move - has your son settled well??

Michell
Hi Michell,

My son loves going to school here. He has way more friends than he ever did in the UK. He even likes his teachers a lot better. He says that in the UK the teachers didn't have any repsect for the students, and vice versa. According to him it's very different over here.
Good luck with your application, too.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Michell,

My son loves going to school here. He has way more friends than he ever did in the UK. He even likes his teachers a lot better. He says that in the UK the teachers didn't have any repsect for the students, and vice versa. According to him it's very different over here.
Good luck with your application, too.
Thats good to hear, hopefully this will be the same for our son - thanks for your reply and best of luck! Michelle