Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:39 am
Just Joined

Faith2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Typically they give a deadline to ensure that people act on the request with some speed. If you have done the medical then it should be soon, say a couple of months, later but as noted earlier the summer time is slower. They normally do not ask for the fee until the case is well along and almost complete.
Thanks Jim for the insight!
Old Aug 4th 2013, 4:26 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Typically they give a deadline to ensure that people act on the request with some speed. If you have done the medical then it should be soon, say a couple of months, later but as noted earlier the summer time is slower. They normally do not ask for the fee until the case is well along and almost complete.
Except not always. They asked us for it at the same time as asking for medicals, 8 months ago... Still twiddling thumbs.

Tbh I think it's how long is a bit of string!
Old Aug 4th 2013, 9:47 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by __TJ__
Except not always. They asked us for it at the same time as asking for medicals, 8 months ago... Still twiddling thumbs.

Tbh I think it's how long is a bit of string!
We are in a similar situation, our RPRF was en-cashed on 10 May! PNP (26 Months) is no longer a fast track program, FSW is now quicker (21 Months) and has a higher priority......go figure that one?

London VO are one of the slowest to process any application. It is also quicker to get PR if you come from a non visa exempt country, rather than a Visa exempt one?

Oh well back to twiddling thumbs!

Regards

Andrew

Last edited by chiefmissile; Aug 4th 2013 at 10:28 am.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:11 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

There are just two examples of situations not apparently proceeding as usual so do not count too heavily on normal practice.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Faith2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marzmurphy
Hey Faith!

Good to hear from someone in similar situation!

I havnt yet received passport request. I actually emailed them on Friday asking if my medical results were extended, but no reply, but fingers crossed they are. I also rang the call center, who said the office is on strike, so thats why its all slowed down...which is unfortunate especially when looking at other peoples timelines that it should be near enough to the end...but who knows! il let you know how it goes with me!!
Hello Marzmurphy,

This is to let you know that I got my Passport request! Any news from your end yet?
Old Aug 8th 2014, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

sohrabshabani@yahoo.com is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marzmurphy
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any timelines that could share? I am applying for permanent residency from within canada under the BC PNP. I paid my RPRF on 8th May 2013, and my status changed to in progress on the 22nd May. Just wondering roughly how long it takes to get to the passport request stage?

Any info would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks
Just curious what address you emailed your RPRF payment receipt to? The case processing center that you sent your package to in Sydney or the visa office in Ottawa? Thx!!
Old Aug 8th 2014, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

sohrabshabani@yahoo.com is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I applied for PR under PNP from within Canda. I got nominated on July 2013 and submitted my application to Sydney, Nova Scotia. I received an email from them on February 09 saying that my application is considered complete and my application will be forwarded to a case processing office for further processing (It was not mentioned which office but I assume it should be Ottawa). on the same day I received an email from Nova Scotia requesting me to do the medical exam. My medical results have been received on February 21. I received another email form Nova Scotia on May 09, 2014 reminding me to pay right of permanent resident fee. However, in the email it was mentioned to email the receipt to “[email protected]”. CIO is Sydney. I paid the fee on May 10 and emailed the receipt to the above email address. However, it has been 3 month since I made a payment and my online application status only shows they have received my medical results in February. I sent an email to CIO but they did not reply back. I called CIC they told me to contact Nova Scotia Intake Office (as i received the email from NS office), but these guys do not reply back to emails…Did you mail your RPRF to Nova Scotia or Ottawa? Thanks