Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:16 pm
  #16  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
gmail is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

so guys what do you think when would we get our passport request. everyone after july 2012 are done with their passport request already from nova scotia. when they ask us to pay rprf fee and personal history update they say that they will process the september 2011 files first what about us why did they process july 2012 files before even starting to process the files before july 2012 that is totally a biased way to work.
gmail is offline  
Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:56 pm
  #17  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
Faith2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by marzmurphy View Post
Hi christmasoompa,

Thank you for your reply! Here is my timeline status:

16th April 2012:application received.
May 22nd 2012: Medical exam request
June 13th 2012: Medical results recieved
May 6th 2013: Updated history and RPRF payment request.
May 23rd 2013: In progress. When i click on this is says -We started processing your application on May 23, 2013.

I am hoping that this means it is near the end? I guess its been 13 months since they first received it. Its been processed at Ottowa Pilot office. Thanks again for any insight
Hi Marzmuurphy,

I also apply under the Provincial Nominee Program

My Timeline status is very close to yours:
-26th April 2012: Application received.
-June 8th 2012: Medical exam request
-June 25th 2012: Medical results recieved
-May 9th 2013: RPRF payment request (I paid on the same day).
-May 9th 2013: "We started processing your application on May 9, 2013".

In my earlier contact with the Ottawa Office, I was told that the validity of the Medical result would be extended.

Have you been contacted for PPR yet? Thanks.
Faith2013 is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2013, 1:05 am
  #18  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
marzmurphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by Faith2013 View Post
Hi Marzmuurphy,

I also apply under the Provincial Nominee Program

My Timeline status is very close to yours:
-26th April 2012: Application received.
-June 8th 2012: Medical exam request
-June 25th 2012: Medical results recieved
-May 9th 2013: RPRF payment request (I paid on the same day).
-May 9th 2013: "We started processing your application on May 9, 2013".

In my earlier contact with the Ottawa Office, I was told that the validity of the Medical result would be extended.

Have you been contacted for PPR yet? Thanks.
Hey Faith!

Good to hear from someone in similar situation!

I havnt yet received passport request. I actually emailed them on Friday asking if my medical results were extended, but no reply, but fingers crossed they are. I also rang the call center, who said the office is on strike, so thats why its all slowed down...which is unfortunate especially when looking at other peoples timelines that it should be near enough to the end...but who knows! il let you know how it goes with me!!
marzmurphy is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2013, 2:48 am
  #19  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
Faith2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by marzmurphy View Post
Hey Faith!

Good to hear from someone in similar situation!

I havnt yet received passport request. I actually emailed them on Friday asking if my medical results were extended, but no reply, but fingers crossed they are. I also rang the call center, who said the office is on strike, so thats why its all slowed down...which is unfortunate especially when looking at other peoples timelines that it should be near enough to the end...but who knows! il let you know how it goes with me!!
Hi Marzmurphy,

I really understand how you feel because our cases are similar!
I think we are good as regards the medicals for now.
The last time i spoke with one of the Call Center's Rep, I was told they can't access any of the files being processed in Canada.
I will also update you as regards mine.
Faith2013 is offline  
Old Jul 29th 2013, 8:03 pm
  #20  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 342
Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

No passports were requested from us ... straight to Confirmation of Permanent Residence. Depends of where you're from. British passport holders are not required to submit copies any more as they are submitted with the initial application (I believe).
Lloydies is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:17 am
  #21  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
marzmurphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by Lloydies View Post
No passports were requested from us ... straight to Confirmation of Permanent Residence. Depends of where you're from. British passport holders are not required to submit copies any more as they are submitted with the initial application (I believe).
Hi Lloydies,

Ok thats good news! do you know anything about being able to leave Canada while an application is in progress. My work has said they will give me unpaid vacation to return to Ireland for up to 2 months, and will provide a letter for me. Im just not sure of the whole process, if thats allowed or not, and if I got this conformation of PR while in Ireland, that I can just come back and activate it?

I guess its risky leaving during process, but hopefully will get it in the next while anyways, and am hoping there is a way this could work!

Thank you for any information you might have!

Last edited by marzmurphy; Jul 30th 2013 at 7:16 am.
marzmurphy is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:50 pm
  #22  
Forum Regular
 
JAGUAR7's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 125
JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

this is a reply i got from my local MPs office this morning.

CIC informed me this morning that your file was last actioned on July 20 but is nowhere near completion. There are still several outstanding documents that you need to provide them with, including:


Rehibilitation documents (you should be on the lookout for letters from CIC regarding this)
Follow-up regarding removing dependants from your file


the immigration sent me a mail in june asking me to pay my final fees,which i paid on 19th of june.
i was told by the immigration company we use,that i wouldnt have to be re-habilitated because it was over 20 years ago,and my dependants were taken off my application 2 years ago.
this is getting absolutely ridiculous.i feel like giving up and going back to the uk.
JAGUAR7 is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:55 pm
  #23  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 95
Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7 View Post
this is a reply i got from my local MPs office this morning.

CIC informed me this morning that your file was last actioned on July 20 but is nowhere near completion. There are still several outstanding documents that you need to provide them with, including:


Rehibilitation documents (you should be on the lookout for letters from CIC regarding this)
Follow-up regarding removing dependants from your file


the immigration sent me a mail in june asking me to pay my final fees,which i paid on 19th of june.
i was told by the immigration company we use,that i wouldnt have to be re-habilitated because it was over 20 years ago,and my dependants were taken off my application 2 years ago.
this is getting absolutely ridiculous.i feel like giving up and going back to the uk.
That's a body blow if ever. Don't give up - chase up the correspondence and go for it - it might be easier than you think and the last hurdle!
Dorftrottel is offline  
Old Jul 30th 2013, 7:58 pm
  #24  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

PMM has replied in detail on another thread.


Originally Posted by JAGUAR7 View Post
this is a reply i got from my local MPs office this morning.

CIC informed me this morning that your file was last actioned on July 20 but is nowhere near completion. There are still several outstanding documents that you need to provide them with, including:


Rehibilitation documents (you should be on the lookout for letters from CIC regarding this)
Follow-up regarding removing dependants from your file


the immigration sent me a mail in june asking me to pay my final fees,which i paid on 19th of june.
i was told by the immigration company we use,that i wouldnt have to be re-habilitated because it was over 20 years ago,and my dependants were taken off my application 2 years ago.
this is getting absolutely ridiculous.i feel like giving up and going back to the uk.
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 8:01 pm
  #25  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
marzmurphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by Faith2013 View Post
Hi Marzmurphy,

I really understand how you feel because our cases are similar!
I think we are good as regards the medicals for now.
The last time i spoke with one of the Call Center's Rep, I was told they can't access any of the files being processed in Canada.
I will also update you as regards mine.

Hey Faith,

I went to see a lawyer yesterday in regards to leaving Canada during the PR process..he said that every year the applications slow down during the summer, and that it may be mid october before I get called as everyone takes holidays! just to let you know!!
marzmurphy is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 8:24 pm
  #26  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Beside summer holidays it is also the posting season when officers move to other assignments in other countries or return to HQ, plus the need to issue student and visitor visas in a timely way. All of that slows things down.
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 8:28 pm
  #27  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
Faith2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by marzmurphy View Post
Hey Faith,

I went to see a lawyer yesterday in regards to leaving Canada during the PR process..he said that every year the applications slow down during the summer, and that it may be mid october before I get called as everyone takes holidays! just to let you know!!
Hello marzmurphy,
Thanks for the feedback! I will keep you updated.
Have a nice trip!
Faith2013 is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 10:50 pm
  #28  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
Faith2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries View Post
Beside summer holidays it is also the posting season when officers move to other assignments in other countries or return to HQ, plus the need to issue student and visitor visas in a timely way. All of that slows things down.
Marzmurphy, a quick question for you: when you were asked for your RPRF, what was the deadline? Thanks!

Hi Jim,
Please do you know if the deadline has a bearing on when you would get the PPR request? Thanks!
Faith2013 is offline  
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 11:25 pm
  #29  
finally together...
 
__TJ__'s Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Posts: 811
__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

For my timeline see my sig but we just found out they were waiting for hubby's fingerprints as he had been here more than 6 months. They asked in jan'13 but we didn't get request so only just did them, paid rprf when medicals submitted early this year.

Still hoping the fingerprints will be the driving force, coming up for our first canniversary and it'd be a great present!
__TJ__ is offline  
Old Aug 4th 2013, 3:29 am
  #30  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long after RPRF paid do you get passport request?

Originally Posted by Faith2013 View Post
Marzmurphy, a quick question for you: when you were asked for your RPRF, what was the deadline? Thanks!

Hi Jim,
Please do you know if the deadline has a bearing on when you would get the PPR request? Thanks!
Typically they give a deadline to ensure that people act on the request with some speed. If you have done the medical then it should be soon, say a couple of months, later but as noted earlier the summer time is slower. They normally do not ask for the fee until the case is well along and almost complete.
Jim Humphries is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.